ByF8th D2
RIP 23 :(
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM #1997
babsa_90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkid777 View Post
And this means what exactly. I kind of need more if you want advice or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Babsa - Yeah I'm as puzzled as Kyle (Pbkid777)
Was just wondering how yall would handle this. There are a few things going on as well, but i don't want to bring that up. I don't even care for advice, just your thoughts on the matter.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:45 AM #1998
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

Honestly i would recommend giving church a shot (even though you apperently are not interested in it).. it would probably help the relationship with your dad. what harm would 3 or 4 sundays do? also please remember that Christianity is not about a religion or a set of rituals or a list of dos and donts its about a relationship the God of the universe... give it some thought, just try it every sunday morning for say a month.

Angel A1 magno valved f/s/t

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 PM #1999
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Krew - Unless someone else would care to make the thread? I can make the new one soon.

Babsa - I can look at it as both a father and a son, so my thoughts: As a father I think it would be wise to honor your father's wishes and not tell him one thing and do another. The dishonesty in that regard would be more hurtful in the end. Plus he has the advantage of having made mistakes and learned from them.

As a young man: It isn't your fault that he didn't take you to church more often when you were younger and the feeling of being pressured to do so now would make me feel like I had to somehow make up for his mistake if I was in a similar situation.

Going to Church and reading the bible won't make you a Christian, all it would do is expose you to Christian (hopefully) and biblical teachings. Unless you act upon those teachings you will continue to have no/little faith. I suspect, but don't know, that your father already knows or suspects that your faith is lacking (for lack of a better word) and he is only trying to encourage you to re-new/build upon the faith he wishes you to share with him. But I don't know the full details and that can only be speculation.

I hope that helps, and if I'm off base I apologize. I believe open and honest lines of communication are the best policy. As difficult as they may be, the results of less than honest are much more destructive.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 08-30-2010, 12:13 PM #2000
babsa_90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607 View Post
Honestly i would recommend giving church a shot (even though you apperently are not interested in it).. it would probably help the relationship with your dad. what harm would 3 or 4 sundays do? also please remember that Christianity is not about a religion or a set of rituals or a list of dos and donts its about a relationship the God of the universe... give it some thought, just try it every sunday morning for say a month.
I believe i already have a very firm grasp of Christianity, the Christian god, and Jesus. Going to church again will not give me faith, only living my life will lead me to God at this point. And my father and I do not have a bad relationship, but he is my dad, and he wants to be assured that I am saved. He is past the majority of his life, so i am sure he is looking for consolation that i have found my faith in Christ, but i honestly haven't yet.

Quote:
Babsa - I can look at it as both a father and a son, so my thoughts: As a father I think it would be wise to honor your father's wishes and not tell him one thing and do another. The dishonesty in that regard would be more hurtful in the end. Plus he has the advantage of having made mistakes and learned from them.

As a young man: It isn't your fault that he didn't take you to church more often when you were younger and the feeling of being pressured to do so now would make me feel like I had to somehow make up for his mistake if I was in a similar situation.

Going to Church and reading the bible won't make you a Christian, all it would do is expose you to Christian (hopefully) and biblical teachings. Unless you act upon those teachings you will continue to have no/little faith. I suspect, but don't know, that your father already knows or suspects that your faith is lacking (for lack of a better word) and he is only trying to encourage you to re-new/build upon the faith he wishes you to share with him. But I don't know the full details and that can only be speculation.

I hope that helps, and if I'm off base I apologize. I believe open and honest lines of communication are the best policy. As difficult as they may be, the results of less than honest are much more destructive.
Although i previously stated that we have a good relationship, we don't speak openly about private matters. That is just how some people are, that is how we are. I understand that lying about not going to church is not the best option, but saying that i do not feel i will learn anything (or find church to be important) would be much more difficult. I am well versed in the bible. I want to make sure yall understand that i went to church up until middle school, as well as attended sunday school. During high school i learned the most important lessons about Christianity and Jesus through Dr. David Jeremiah.

Last edited by babsa_90 : 08-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM #2001
bait607

may i ask why not (referring to you decision not to put faith in Christ or you lack of decision to which ever way)? (not being condemning or intrusive just curious)

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS

Last edited by bait607 : 08-30-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM #2002
markcheb
surrender...don't move

New thread guys.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 08-30-2010, 12:23 PM #2003
bait607

new thread is here

Last edited by bait607 : 08-30-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 AM #2004
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3458653
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread