Old 08-25-2010, 12:32 AM #1
silver547

silver547 supports Team VICIOUS
silver547 is for the Gunfight
silver547 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
silver547 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
silver547 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great last weekend

So, since losing my job i have not been able to play...well one of my buddies at my local field hit me up and told me that he would buy my paint all day since they miss me out there, so i went and was glad that i did...for the first time out there i saw more pump players for open play in the morning...it was awesome there was about 6 of us everything from phantoms to my kp. Just watching us all play was amazing and some intense times. Pump seems to be becoming a trend at my field now and im pumped...no pun intended
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 AM #2
Phiyuck Yiu
Chino

has been a member for 10 years
Phiyuck Yiu plays in the PSP
Go Pump, More Fun, Saves $.

I am in and out of jobs too, I used to be a Manager at a paintball shop. I was out of the game for almost half a year, thank god for pump im able to play again. Hell I played three times last week, busted my knee and still grind it out the next day.

Nothing feels better when you gog a guy, knowing it was one shot, not half a rotor.

Last edited by Phiyuck Yiu : 08-25-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Phiyuck Yiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 AM #3
pbc scpaintballer
Darkside

Nice, but that is what's bothering me. Pump seems to be coming a fad, or a trend. I think it is because people think playing pump is cool. There are other things bringing people to pump but this seems to be the most common thing.
rule #2 doubletap
pbc scpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM #4
Lukos
My pumps shoot full-auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc scpaintballer View Post
Nice, but that is what's bothering me. Pump seems to be coming a fad, or a trend. I think it is because people think playing pump is cool. There are other things bringing people to pump but this seems to be the most common thing.
You may be right. For better or worse, pump seems to be becoming the "cool" thing to do. Folks, you know what I mean, that thing that people do not because they like it in and of itself, but because it's "cool". Personally, however, I think this might be a good thing. This is an easy way for more folks to get into pump, and those that truly love it will stay.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 PM #5
pbc scpaintballer
Darkside

If pump got huge and everyone started playing pump, I wouldn't like that but I would still play
rule #2 doubletap
Old 08-25-2010, 03:20 PM #6
loneassassin
A Grim and...

I've definitely noticed that, but what the hell, it still means more pump players. I still love to play with my semis, but a lot of people can't handle that responsibility, if you know what I mean.

A couple guys at my local field just started playing pump. (Actually one of them started a long time ago when all there was were pumps, and he's picking it back up again.) It was pretty cool to not be the only guy with a pump for a change!

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM #7
CULPIN

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
what does it matter? more people playing paintball...thats all that matters. he went from not being able to play to being able to play regardless of the reason its for the better.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM #8
LGND

If they're just doing it to be cool, they won't stick around long...

Personally I remember hearing a lot of the same things a decade ago, then the sport came around another 180 and went to X-ball, ramping, etc...

If moving towards pump (or just mech semis) gets more players playing more often, then I'm all for it.
LGND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 PM #9
pbc scpaintballer
Darkside

It doesn't really matter, but I play pump because I love it, not because I'm jumping in on a fad. fads and bandwagon stuff in paintball annoys me. Paintball is paintball so let's just play it in any way we want, semi, pump, woodsball,speedball, rec players or tourney players!
rule #2 doubletap
Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM #10
Lukos
My pumps shoot full-auto.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter, but I play pump because I love it, not because I'm jumping in on a fad. fads and bandwagon stuff in paintball annoys me. Paintball is paintball so let's just play it in any way we want, semi, pump, woodsball,speedball, rec players or tourney players!
^^^Yes. I actually started playing pump due to financial constraints, but even when I have the cash for regular semi play, I'll probably stick with pump except for the occasional final game.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:07 PM #11
pbc scpaintballer
Darkside

That is great man, a lot of people are joining pump due to financial issues, playing pump has helped my financial issues, although I didn't start playing because of them. So that aspect is just a plus!
rule #2 doubletap
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM #12
vanzY

I used to play off on since 2003, bought an a5. Then about the past 2-3 years I started playing again. Bought an elctro gun, was not fun. It was borderline boring, it was becoming a chore to play. Then I picked up my first pump. Went out and goog'd someone for the first time. I was hooked, and never looked back. I will never play with an elctro ever again. If I said I would never play with a mech semi I would be lying. There is no feeling like hitting a kid with a brand new ego with his 6+1 pack on, shooting faster than any real gun possibly can. That's why I pump, plus I can get the best paint and just buy a bag. That's pretty fun too.

Pump love~
vanzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 PM #13
BunkerKnight
B.O.B. White's Lurker

BunkerKnight supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerKnight has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzY View Post
I used to play off on since 2003, bought an a5. Then about the past 2-3 years I started playing again. Bought an elctro gun, was not fun. It was borderline boring, it was becoming a chore to play. Then I picked up my first pump. Went out and goog'd someone for the first time. I was hooked, and never looked back. I will never play with an elctro ever again. If I said I would never play with a mech semi I would be lying. There is no feeling like hitting a kid with a brand new ego with his 6+1 pack on, shooting faster than any real gun possibly can. That's why I pump, plus I can get the best paint and just buy a bag. That's pretty fun too.

Pump love~
QFT, I started playing pump because I would shoot less paint, which equalled less money, which meant this starving college student could still enjoy the game. Now I love it. There is nothing better than one shotting some kid with all the best gear, slinging 30 balls a second, thinking hes hot ****. It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling
BunkerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 AM #14
doom-king

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzY View Post

Pump love~
Sounds very similar. I started in 2003 with an a5, then about two or three years later I moved to electros until 2007. I then was lent a phantom for a game. Now I only have one mech, not because I want to be hip, but because I love the difficulty.