PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 PM #43
Stockplayer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOderus View Post
I think the root of the problem is the wording of the rule. If stockplayers recounting of the rule is accurate, it was that:

"Players may NOT approach any tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants. You will be ejected from the field … no exceptions!"

Now, TECHNICALLY, he did not do that. He violated the spirit of the rule, but not the letter of it. It would be much easier to blanket rule it "Dont shoot the occupants of a tank under any circumstances." That is simple and clear and leaves no room for interpretation or to search for loop holes.
Thank you! I found another Human on PB Nation that can read!

Just kidding guys……it’s all fun and games!

One last point, if you are going to build a tank, please do not use a curtain for the door. I might be tempted to jump in and force you, at marker point, to flip a ***** and start hosing your teammates.

Later

Always Play Like Everyone Is Watching
><> Blowfish Paintball<><
Stockplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2010, 07:07 PM #44
Javirus Breaker

yeah i read that the same way, you claim you didnt violate the law by not breaking the barrier of the vehicle with your barrel? my question, and i apologize if you addressed this already, but were you aware of the rule before you played? or did you see the rule after this forum? i guess what im gettin at is my theory is that you prob didnt know the rule, saw a tank and figured you take it out the way you did. now we are arguing it in hindsight. i only say that cuz i made an error at my first ION where i saw a tank and started firing at it, not realizing it required something else to actually take it out. anyway its cool youre a good sport about all the **** your catching, good talk
Javirus Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 PM #45
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javirus Breaker View Post
yeah i read that the same way, you claim you didnt violate the law by not breaking the barrier of the vehicle with your barrel? my question, and i apologize if you addressed this already, but were you aware of the rule before you played? or did you see the rule after this forum? i guess what im gettin at is my theory is that you prob didnt know the rule, saw a tank and figured you take it out the way you did. now we are arguing it in hindsight. i only say that cuz i made an error at my first ION where i saw a tank and started firing at it, not realizing it required something else to actually take it out. anyway its cool youre a good sport about all the **** your catching, good talk
you are spot on. I admit not knowing the rule....if it had been a motorized tank, I would not have much of an argument.....

Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 PM #46
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Stockplayer,

As I sense from your latest post that maybe you feel you have taken alot of crap from us on this post on what you did. And now joking about it because maybe you thought you did something cool at the time and now realizing you hit a nerve with many of us. Just feel your fortunate that you had the opportunity to bunk the crewman in a tank and get away with it. Please use these posts as a lesson learned and hopefully you know now that going into a tank is not the right thing to do.. If you would like to be a one man tank destroyer then the next time you go to a field check on the rules and go about it the right way. There are numerous ways to tank out a tank. Then you wont have to hear a bunch of crap about it the next time you boust in a post on taking out a tank.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Scenerio Armor
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:48 PM #47
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javirus Breaker View Post
stock i can appreciate misunderstanding the rules, happens to everyone, i just think celebrating it as some incredible move is a little misguided, .

Misunderstanding of the rules?

He admits to not even reading the rules...lol.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:53 AM #48
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Misunderstanding of the rules?

He admits to not even reading the rules...lol.
Wow, you are really passionate about this.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:54 AM #49
Stockplayer

No hard feelings here, you should see how brutal we are to each other at the field. Add to that, I have three older brothers. Plus being a high school teacher I need to have thick skin.

I can’t believe “flip a (female dog)” was censored????

You should have seen the old Blowfish forum. Some of the stuff posted on that site was just wrong. PBnation tankers are all gentlemen.

I have one question…….do tankers still get the adrenalin rush? Part of the rush for me is the risk of getting lit up. Now I can see the sick desire to wipe the whole side of a field out, but I wonder if I would like it as much as moving up the tape with my buzzard? Do you guys start giggling when everyone is running away from you?

Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 AM #50
JFBig Mac
Joint Fury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockplayer View Post
I have one question…….do tankers still get the adrenalin rush? Part of the rush for me is the risk of getting lit up. Now I can see the sick desire to wipe the whole side of a field out, but I wonder if I would like it as much as moving up the tape with my buzzard? Do you guys start giggling when everyone is running away from you?
Absolutely. I played a game this month where we were sitting patrol and saw a helicopter insert coming down the road. There was designated landing zone right next to me. The crew of 4 that I had with me were laughing so bad waiting for them to land. The helo got scared and asked the ref if they could land somewhere else. Yeah I get the adrenaline rush when I can roll up behind a bunch of guys and ruin their own little "Cool Move"

Assassins Guild Captain
Buzzkill Commander http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3162965
Joint Fury Member
http://www.jointfury.com
JFBig Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:14 AM #51
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBig Mac View Post
Absolutely. I played a game this month where we were sitting patrol and saw a helicopter insert coming down the road. There was designated landing zone right next to me. The crew of 4 that I had with me were laughing so bad waiting for them to land. The helo got scared and asked the ref if they could land somewhere else. Yeah I get the adrenaline rush when I can roll up behind a bunch of guys and ruin their own little "Cool Move"
thats cool, too bad the helo saw you!

Old 08-28-2010, 11:41 AM #52
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

RusH!

Sure, Just as the rush you got when you opened that curtain and then lit those guys up in the tank. When your in the tank it kinda reminds me of the old 1990's video game Doom or Spear of Destiny when you have all the secrets and can go practically wherever you want and kill everything and not get taken out. But of course that rush ends when a rocket from another tank or AT hits you. But the main reason for tanks is that they breakup the boredom of a game when two sides just sit there for a while shooting at each other and not moving. We are boredom breakers that can affect the outcome of a game and thats the rush! And one of the reasons why field owners love us so much is because people like to shoot at moving objects which sells more paint. Some fields give us perks for such reasoning. Some players think if they can shoot enough paint at us they can blind us in some manner and slow us down. Which is a good tactic if you have no other means of taking out a tank. But the real rush is when you open up with dual Tippmans with etriggs people seem to move, duck, and or run away. Then if your fortunate enough to have infantry support that's smart enough to see you got those players pinned down. Which then attack! Which of course constitutes a successful infantry attack on a position with armor support. Thats the conclusion of the rush when you know you have helped your side complete a mission.

Treaddz
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM #53
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Guys I think stock player understand where we are coming from. He understand why he should not do that again. I think there really is no need for us to keep flaming hime
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:34 PM #54
CrazyGuy187

CrazyGuy187 plays in the PSP
CrazyGuy187 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBig Mac View Post
Ok. I may have been a bit jumpy on this one as it wasnt clarified to be a non-motorized tank, my apologies. As stated by others, us tankers are very passionate about adding this element to the game. However I still have a couple of things:

1. I dont care what kind of gun you had. That argument is irrelevant.

2. YOU STILL BROKE THE RULES OF THE GAME AND TECHNICALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN EJECTED FROM THE FIELD!!! It doesnt matter if you knew the rules or not. It is the duties of a player (especially one who has played in 4 decades) to know the rules of the field in which they play. The argument of "Your honor, I didnt know it was against the law so can you let me go?" will never hold water. Read the rules or stop cyring b/c you were told no.

This is part of the rules from Decay of Nations website:
Tank Eliminations:
Tanks can only be eliminated by impacts from a nerf round, satchel charge (being “placed” on or under the vehicle… NOT THROWN at a vehicle), paint grenades (will disable a tank’s movement for 5 minutes, the tank may still fire… no engineer needed, after 5min. the tank will resume movement), or a land mine.

PUGs and Walking Tanks: Exempt from 20′ rule
All applicable rules within the “Tank & Vehicles” section will carry over to non-motorized PUGs and “walking” tanks/mechs, as well as:

1. They must look like tanks/mechs
2. They can be used for cover
Safety Note:
Players may NOT approach any tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants. You will be ejected from the field … no exceptions!

So however cool you think you were, you still broke all but one of the tank rules. Yes you were allowed to get within 20' b/c of the walking tank but you didnt have the proper weapon to destroy it and you shot inside of it. Two major parts of destroying tanks.

Great job on being stealthy and I will be the first one to give kudos to any AT guys who lies in wait to get that perfect kill shot. That is part of the "high" us tankers get.
Dude get over your self.He didnt hurt anyone he one balled 2 people why would you play paintball without expecting to take the pain?I've been shot 100x in the face an neck get over it.He wasnt gonna hurt anyone with a pump gun shooting someone in the face wouldnt take their mask off..you people sound like a bunch of butt hurt babies.

/thread
CrazyGuy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:51 PM #55
kingofbeer62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGuy187 View Post
Dude get over your self.He didnt hurt anyone he one balled 2 people why would you play paintball without expecting to take the pain?I've been shot 100x in the face an neck get over it.He wasnt gonna hurt anyone with a pump gun shooting someone in the face wouldnt take their mask off..you people sound like a bunch of butt hurt babies.

/thread
I second that.
kingofbeer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 PM #56
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

I hope that this player and others whom read it realize what their actions can cause. The last thing I will say on this subject if people read thru all the rules at the field they play before they go on the field. Then everyone will have a good time and be safe. You all must realize this tank storming thing is a sensitive issue with me. From the many posts I would say others feel the way I do. My whole point in hammering this poster is to make people aware of the rules to keep people from getting hurt like I was. Well I am done adding my two cents worth and everyone be safe the next time you go on a field..

Treaddz
Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 PM #57
Javirus Breaker

sorry maybe this should be a dead thread, but wanted to throw my extra few cents in... i think a large point to be made is it is important to keep everyone educated.. paintball (especially scenario paintball) is so flexible and the possibilities for what we can do are almost endless... technology will get better, which will allow us to do more. but with that comes responsibility. everytime we drive, we are governed by laws, painted lines, and signs, and even then, we have to be insured in case someone on the road breaks those... i can only imagine the liability a field takes on when allowing tanks... we wouldnt want the right to use them taken away... no flaming here just throwin my reasoning out there
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 AM #58
JFBig Mac
Joint Fury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGuy187 View Post
Ummmm get over yourself?!?!?!?!. I didnt say anything about getting shot or pain. Where did I say any of that in my posts??? I didnt. My posts were about how unsafe tank storming is and getting hurt by being run over. I was quoting the rules regarding killing a tank from the field that he played at and showing Stockplayer where he went wrong regarding shooting inside a tank.

So is it ok to drive drunk as long as you dont hurt anyone???? NO B/C IT IS AGAINST THE LAW just as it stated you cannot insert your barrel into a tank and shoot the occupants. That has been the majority of my agrument all along.

Stockplayer - we can agree on one thing: People need to go back to English 101!!!!

Assassins Guild Captain
Buzzkill Commander http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3162965
Joint Fury Member
http://www.jointfury.com
JFBig Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 PM #59
JESTERTLS

Quote:
How did the story change?

The only thing I added was the fact that I shot four guys using the tank as cover. I did not think it was important until you all started crying. The main story never changed.......I think some people read the first few posts and than add their comment to the end.

No contradictions here, just low comprehension on the parts of readers.
Dude, you said you opened the back curtain, yes? That means you broke the rules of distance from the tank and opening up a tank and firering into it is tank storming.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM #60
krazymunky

wouldnt the back of the tank with the curtain be considered an opening?
so he did approach the tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shot the occupants.

it is a PUG, a non motorized tank, that is exempt from the 20' rule. but the above rule still applies to all tanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:07 PM #61
Javirus Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazymunky View Post
wouldnt the back of the tank with the curtain be considered an opening?
so he did approach the tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shot the occupants.

it is a PUG, a non motorized tank, that is exempt from the 20' rule. but the above rule still applies to all tanks.
i think he interpreted the rule (after the fact) as you can shoot through an opening, but not so close as to be able to insert a barrel THROUGH the opening. depending on the curtain setup would determine how that went down. imo
Old 08-31-2010, 12:26 AM #62
Stockplayer

die thread die.......

The last thing I feel is flamed!

More like four old ladies shaking their fingers at me.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:44 AM #63
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
die thread die.......

The last thing I feel is flamed!

More like four old ladies shaking their fingers at me.
well, thats what ignorence gets ya..

and funny you want the thread to die yet you keep adding to it just as much as everyone else.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote