Saw this thread:
And got to thinking....
There's plenty of ways to stop rollouts. This way looked really good but I didn't want to drill a hole in my brass.
I decided drilling a hole in the face of my bolt would be ok.
I should state, I did this on a PPS superstocker with a .690 barrel and wedgits:
But the Idea should work on sheridans without the rimfire bolt.
I drilled a small hole throgh the bolt face into the o-ring groove. Then cut a #22 O-ring and stuffed it through the hole and superglued it into place making sure that it curved straight up. Then cut off some of the excess.
I chose the #22 because I wanted a good curve along with enough length that the o-ring wouldn't pop out of the feed port when cocking. And the O-ring seemed soft enough that it might not break paint.
Gotta say, I'm very pleased with the results.
No rollouts with small paint, and no breaks with my larger paint (would still roll out on occasion, but it should be stated that the paint used wasn't tourney grade). And with the PPS delrin rings, the o-ring fits perfectly in the small gap.
Only down side I've noticed so far is a bit more resistance in the forward pump stroke.
Here's pics of the finished "tongue".
Tried fishing line again. Finding that if I tie the knot correctly I can get it to sit in a curved up position. Using a bit longer line has proven effective in preventing rollouts. Cocking and shooting performance seems to be right on key with the feel of the gun before any mods were done.
I used 15lb test line.
The other benefit to using fishing line is no gluing.