Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2010, 08:17 AM #1
CNYpaintballer

What holsters will a KT chaser fit????

I am picking up a chaser from a friend and I would like to get a holster for it. Are there any holsters out there that fit it besides the KT thigh model????

I am looking for either a mol holster to attach to my vest as a cross draw or a hip/belt mounted model.
CNYpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 PM #2
Noltez
Ψ

I know you specifically excluded it, but I'll show my thigh (drop-leg) holster from Tornado.

Shown in a stock photo with a real sidearm

Short story is I needed a holster in a hurry, and this doesn't disappoint. I can run full-tilt with no loss of mobility. The belt attachment is very secure, and the leg attach leads are very adjustable. I'm a bigger guy (down 24 lbs so far, so excuse the baggy jeans ) but there's no fitment problems.

Marker inserted and retained with top strap.

I like the top strap because I can flick it off with my thumb as I reach down. Practice first, or you'll fumble with it on the field. The bottom strap wraps around the handle of the marker. You can use 1 or both straps at the same time. There is a SNAP retainer too, but the gun is too long in the back to go over top of it. You could probably pull it down and under, but there's already a velcro strap right there. I just tucked the button retainer onto itself. IIRC the Chaser is a bit shorter on the top, so you'll have even more contact area.

Top strap, over the back of slide

Bottom strap, under the slide

The holster has one extra mag pocket on the top. The strap on the pocket is long enough to retain 1 extra mag. Make sure you push the mag as far down as possible to get maximum velcro adhesion. I had no problems storing mags here.

Mag pocket

The back of the holster and the inside of the straps are rubberized to reduce slipping. It works. The holster stays in place very well.

Backside of the holster

The biggest issue is right here;

Button snag

The mag release button snags on the holster's edge. If you adjust the holster to allow the button to drop in, it ejects the magazine as you run. If you leave it outside as shown, it's better but I still have lost a mag. Kingman makes a smaller button for the KT line that's available free, just write to them. It should be in the mail this week and solve this issue.

Edit; Button snag is fixed with Kingmans "small button" option. Contact Kingman via their website to obtain one.

Lastly, make sure you have your Barrel Blocker installed when you're milling around. The end of the holster is OPEN!

Open holster end

EDITED Conclusion, I'd give this holster a 9/10. The mag pocket will hold two clips, but do not put spring pressure on the balls until you're loading the mag into the gun. It's easy to knock the ball retainer rocker on the lip of the pocket while removing it, and with spring pressure you'll instantly dump all 9 balls into the pocket, and have an empty mag. I also wish they made the retainer straps more adjustable so I didn't have to cut them. If I were looking at holsters again, I'd consider a vest holster simply to maintain a smaller profile.

Snag issue fixed with the "small button" option from Kingman.

Edit; The new button has arrived from Kingman and solves the snag issue! Read about it here

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ

Last edited by Noltez : 08-11-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Issues address & features found
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:04 PM #3
CNYpaintballer

Wow that does fit nice in that. I thought about using my ariakon holster but the ACP is almost a foot long so there is a length difference.

I will look into that brand holster. It looks like I could mod it to be and under arm holster on my vest.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 PM #4
CNYpaintballer

Just picked up one very similar off ebay for $15 shipped. Will let ya know how it works out.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM #5
Noltez
Ψ

Cool.

I was adjusting mine today and found out the front pocket flap is removable/adjustable. I moved it upward, so the flap is longer, and can store 2 mags in the front pocket very well;

You might notice I snipped off the outboard buckle strap. There's no reason for me to keep it. I'm debating cutting the inner off too, but it's the velcro mount for the "top" strap too. I was pretty simple to get used to the "bottom" strap, and it's more secure. Your thoughts?

I also strapped it on just a couple hours ago and went for a run around the block to see if anything would fall out. Nadda. You definitely need a well fitting belt though... a full tilt burst cause the holster to shift down and tug at my old & too long belts. Could snug up the leg straps too.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 PM #6
CNYpaintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noltez View Post
You might notice I snipped off the outboard buckle strap. There's no reason for me to keep it. I'm debating cutting the inner off too, but it's the velcro mount for the "top" strap too. I was pretty simple to get used to the "bottom" strap, and it's more secure. Your thoughts?

I like the look and as long as function is not impeded it works for me.

As far as the holster pulling down on your belts I wear a tac vest that attaches to my belt so it would hold it right where I want it to be.

I am looking forward to giving this a try. It is half the weight of my ariakon ACP2 and almost half the size.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 PM #7
Noltez
Ψ

Finally finished adjusting and fitting my holster. Final alternations;

Removed "over the top" strap completely
Relocated magazine flap to accept 2 mags
Adjusted holster section to fit marker snugly

I might get another one in black. Noticed today my BDUs are starting to get faded.

Last edited by Noltez : 08-13-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 AM #8
CNYpaintballer

I am on my second ebay seller. The first one decided to back out of the deal and refund my money, then I went to an online dealer, placed an order and was promptly refunded due to backorder. LOL now i found one tonight on ebay with a reputable seller and hopefully this one works out. Maybe it is hte left handed thing.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 AM #9
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Might want to checkout an army surplus store. Often they have similar holsters that would work.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:34 AM #10
CNYpaintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
Might want to checkout an army surplus store. Often they have similar holsters that would work.
I did that at the two local places. Nothing that fit. One let me bring the paintball gun in to test out and the other was selling the exact same holsters as the other. I only paid $18 shipped so it is worth the wait.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 AM #11
CNYpaintballer

Got mine in today. Will post up pics when I finish doing some of the mods you have done to it. Looks exactly like yours only black and left hand drop.

A small forum I run. Check it out:
http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/
Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM #12
Noltez
Ψ

Nice. I'd be interested in who you bought it from. I too will be looking for a black one.

Also when you store loaded mags in the front pocket, I'd suggest NOT putting spring pressure on them. I know it's a PITA but until the pocket get's a little slack in it I had 2 mags eject their paintballs into the mag pocket when I went to grab it. At least if the spring's not on it you'd only lose 1 or 2 (if any).

Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 PM #13
CNYpaintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noltez View Post
Nice. I'd be interested in who you bought it from. I too will be looking for a black one.

Also when you store loaded mags in the front pocket, I'd suggest NOT putting spring pressure on them. I know it's a PITA but until the pocket get's a little slack in it I had 2 mags eject their paintballs into the mag pocket when I went to grab it. At least if the spring's not on it you'd only lose 1 or 2 (if any).
I noticed that as well for the mags. I have 3 and want to be able to carry 2 extra clips.

As far as whom I got it from, It was an ebay seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/payccnow2009/ Product is good quality, not identical to yours but very close. It does not have the angle velcro strap that goes around the handle to keep it in the holster, just the top strap that you removed. It came from HongKong but got here in 6 days so that isn't bad at all.

I will have pics in the AM. Didn't get time to mess with it today.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:23 PM #14
CNYpaintballer

Ok, I was finally able to get around to some pics of it. I have not done much with the holster but have discovered there is a reason why it was so cheap. To start off with, I am a big guy and the straps it came with for around your thigh were 10" too short so I swapped the straps from my Ariakon ACP2 holster and it fits just fine.

Here is the ariakon strap on the bottom and the holster strap on the top.

Now for fitment:

As you can see it is almost like the one mentioned above but with a few differences. The straps were one and the velcro across the handle of the gun is not there on this one.

I also just did the lower profile clip release button and it fits perfectly without catching:

And finally trying it on: