PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 PM #1
Mr.sillyshot

3 man pump tournament tips

Hi everyone,

This weekend on Saturday, two friends and I will be competing in 3 man pump tournament at supergame 40 in Oregon. I was wondering if anybody had any tips on strategy, tactics, or anything in general that might help us out. I've been told that it's a hyperball format field.

Thanks ahead of time!
Mr.sillyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2010, 12:16 PM #2
Krunk_Kracker
What is this "Paintball"?

Communication is the key to winning.

Make sure you and all your teammates use the same or similar lingo for the bunkers. Stand Up vs. Tall Can, Aztec vs. Pyramid ect.

Last edited by Krunk_Kracker : 08-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Krunk_Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:22 PM #3
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Paint limit?

I always had one back guy, one front and one guy delay off break then bust up. Then again it all depends on field layout and what not.

Make sure all of your gear is in 100% working order. Hydrate and eat some food between games.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM #4
FlRampage

Practice and learn to shoot while running. It may sound stupid and like a common sense thing to someone who shoots a semi, but when you have to pump a ball in each time and get back on target, this can be quite a challenge. Everybody wants the one-shot kill or snapshot, but sometimes you gotta run a guy down, and missing him with every shot and getting shot in the face once you get there is a one way ticket into the World famous Hall of Shame
FlRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM #5
Mr.sillyshot

We've been playing speedball as a group for a while and developed some pretty good communication, thought there have been times where one guy calls it a tower, and another guy looks at a tall can.

From looking at the website, there's no indication that there's a paint limit, though my current marker is a stock class phantom, I might be able to borrow a feed neck adapter which would allow me to run a bigger hopper. I have had no trouble with the phantom or any of my gear so far. Also, most of the competitors will just have gotten done with the supergame, 7 hours of nonstop play.

Haha, I haven't had much luck with running and shooting yet, so i'll make a point to practice. I personally am trying to learn to shoot lefty as well. I started paintballing using a pump, so I'm pretty used to the rock and cock.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM #6
Phiyuck Yiu
Chino

Phiyuck Yiu plays in the PSP
Phiyuck Yiu supports Empire
Keep a Good G count or Kill count.
Keep your gun up at all times.
Buy the best paint you can get for your favorite barrel.
Keep your hopper/elbow tucked in.
Dont Eat Junk previous night or that morning, or show up to a pump tourney hungover with 4hrs of sleep like me.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 PM #7
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
party the night before, show up with a hangover, get ready last minute with your teamates,eat some mcdonalds, throw on a bunch of dirty busted up gear that you never wash then Smash all day. usually first team to lose a body loses like 99% of the time

EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM #8
FlRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthorityX View Post
party the night before, show up with a hangover, get ready last minute with your teamates,eat some mcdonalds, throw on a bunch of dirty busted up gear that you never wash then Smash all day. usually first team to lose a body loses like 99% of the time

The first part is the truth, brother! The Rockstar method seems to fit me well. It seems like the harder I beat myself up the night before, the better I play. Look at oldschool Aftershock! They were my inspiration
FlRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 PM #9
Ego_Trip
✚ TK Crew ✚

Ego_Trip supports Team VICIOUS
Ego_Trip is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Make sure to move a LOT, 3 man is very fast with games never going for more then 2 minutes usuallly.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM #10
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Get to the field as early as possible and study every square inch of it. Hypberball fields have a lot of little nooks and crannys that can be very beneficial if you know how and when to use them.

Also, change up your game plan from time to time. Don't be predictable or people will catch on to you. Of course, sometimes a team will just figure out a field and dominate everyone all day. If that's the case for you, just stick to what works.

Some people say to keep your gun up at all times. If they mean, "be ready to shoot at all times," I agree with that. But if they mean "never stop shooting" , I don't agree with that. Sometimes in speedball I'll make it all the way to the center 50 without being seen. In those cases, sometimes I just lay low and don't shoot until I hear someone approach close by, and then I pop out and hit them when I hear them shooting at a teamate of mine. This works against overly aggressive players, because if they don't see someone shooting, they figure they're safe to move forward. So being quiet can be a strategy too. But if you try that, make sure the field has enough cover that you can actually make sneaky moves like that. Some fields are so open it makes stealth literally impossible...

Good luck!

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 PM #11
Mr.sillyshot

Thanks for the great tips for, still undecided on what the strategy will be for the night before haha. Any tips you guys might have on hyperball play would also be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:42 PM #12
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
Biggest tip I can give you is to not shoot at me! LOL
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 PM #13
chargermikec

have a good breakfast i.e. oatmeal......pack fresh fruit and stay away from energy drinks. pack food that will sustain energy. You will need it if you make it to finals. Mix up your gameplan throughout the day, but if something is working for you, stay with it until it no longer works or until your opponents catch on. Good luck.
chargermikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 AM #14
Mr.sillyshot

Kenny, are you going to be competing? If so, I dunno about following that advice haha.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 AM #15
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
don't you like surprises?
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM #16
shredxcam

lane lane lane
run run run
shoot shoot shoot
win win win

good communication and dont stop movin
Old 08-18-2010, 04:36 PM #17
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer is for the Gunfight
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
make sure you and your teammates are always in a position to cross th e field. Crossing is big, esp if you drop a body, all you have to do is hold out and wait for a stupid aggressive move on their part.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:07 AM #18
ballz_mo_val

i use to play phantom and have one as a back up 10 round feed is sweet in speedball depending on you set up and if you plan on staying with a similar set up 4 a while i use to and my friend still does roll the phantom on its side to shoot left aim down the barrel (barrel under dominant eye) worked 4 me easyer than learnin with your off hand i still learned with my off hand but started with a phantom rollin left
ballz_mo_val is offline   Reply With Quote