dont you mean orange is banned in nppl and yellow is banned in psp
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 AM #23
KookieMonster
Kookie or Nookie???

has been a member for 10 years
KookieMonster donated to help Peyton Trent
KookieMonster supports Bob Gurnsey
KookieMonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I look at it this way, there should not be a ban on any colors. If they banned any colors it should have been done when major tournaments first came out of the woods and teams started wearing colorfull jersies. You have teams that have established colors and an identity with those colors, now leagues are saying that some colors are not to be used. Example, I am from IL, serving in the military and stationed in NY now, but GA before here. I was going to have an orange NXT Shocker with blue parts and Illini engraving. Once I got the shocker in orange and most of the parts for it in blue, the rule banning orange guns came out. I ended up having to re-anodize the gun so that way I could use it in tournaments.

Orange has been the protected color now for years. Teams and players that were using orange has since changed over from that color and established new colors to identify with. Now teams like XSV and Infamous among others that have established identities with the color yellow are being told they have to change colors. These teams have been identified with yellow since they started up, for them to be told to change colors is a load of bull if you ask me.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM #24
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrminty2021 View Post
I completely agree man. Let me say this, the guys at Obnoxious are excellent players, but stay away from them when it comes to technicalities in the rules and other similar issues within the business and administrative side of paintball. They have no idea what they're talking about, I know this from experience. Like I said, excellent ballers, and their field is awesome too. They just need to stick to playing and let someone who knows business handle the other side of the big time leagues and all tournament play/business affairs.

What the hell do you mean when you say this, I would prefer some type of specific example. Im on the team and I would say the paintball iq of our team is much higher than most other teams, wheter it be on field or knowing the industry side of paintball. So if you could explain what the **** you are talking about itd be greatly appreciated. Also who are you?

Also about the jerseys, in hb before we had them, frank and tom told us that they were going to change the rule book to make yellow the protected color because the paint from kee is yellow. So we got our jerseys under the impression that they would follow through and there would be a change made to the rule book. Infamous uses yellow jerseys, if i had to guess about 90% of the pro teams use yellow fill evil......

Last edited by Dkepp™ : 08-15-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 PM #25
InfidelsPB

haha we had to duck tape a gun because it was orange but it worked

Stones Knives Pump Factory
Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 PM #26
jrminty2021
Fly Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkepp™ View Post
What the hell do you mean when you say this, I would prefer some type of specific example. Im on the team and I would say the paintball iq of our team is much higher than most other teams, wheter it be on field or knowing the industry side of paintball. So if you could explain what the **** you are talking about itd be greatly appreciated. Also who are you?

Also about the jerseys, in hb before we had them, frank and tom told us that they were going to change the rule book to make yellow the protected color because the paint from kee is yellow. So we got our jerseys under the impression that they would follow through and there would be a change made to the rule book. Infamous uses yellow jerseys, if i had to guess about 90% of the pro teams use yellow fill evil......
pm'ing you

Paintball in the X-Games Petition Signature #28312
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 AM #27
D3r3kMorgan
neutronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookieMonster
I look at it this way, there should not be a ban on any colors. If they banned any colors it should have been done when major tournaments first came out of the woods and teams started wearing colorfull jersies. You have teams that have established colors and an identity with those colors, now leagues are saying that some colors are not to be used. Example, I am from IL, serving in the military and stationed in NY now, but GA before here. I was going to have an orange NXT Shocker with blue parts and Illini engraving. Once I got the shocker in orange and most of the parts for it in blue, the rule banning orange guns came out. I ended up having to re-anodize the gun so that way I could use it in tournaments.

Orange has been the protected color now for years. Teams and players that were using orange has since changed over from that color and established new colors to identify with. Now teams like XSV and Infamous among others that have established identities with the color yellow are being told they have to change colors. These teams have been identified with yellow since they started up, for them to be told to change colors is a load of bull if you ask me.

From a fellow Illini- I hear ya