Community Focus

Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 AM #22
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
"He's in the--""Don't stop. Make it pop..." Yeah...
I LOLed

Again I was playing a mix... the NPPL and Pev's wanted it as fan/family friendly as possible. Vegas will be better now that I know what some of the player concerns are. It would've been really really easy for AT LEAST ONE player from field 2 to mention it at the event so the problem could be addressed at the time. You could've even had the security guy at the VIP tent relay a message to me.

Whatever though... my bad. Like I said I'll have it fixed for Vegas.

Follow me on Twitter- NPPLDJ

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 AM #23
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
can't fix what you don't know is broken. all in all you did an awesome job. I may not have preferred the kesha and all but I saw a few of the hotties singing along, so that alone makes it bearable.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 AM #24
jmac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Vegas will be better now that I know what some of the player concerns are. It would've been really really easy for AT LEAST ONE player from field 2 to mention it at the event so the problem could be addressed at the time. You could've even had the security guy at the VIP tent relay a message to me.
Meh, I was only playing pump so I didn't care enough. I played 6 games for a few hours on Saturday.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM #25
el diOs

playing field 2, I must say that the reffing was 100% better than any of the other uspl/nppl events that i have played. A big Thank You to the all the Refs that worked the event.

and to the DJ: don't worry about people not liking the type of music you played. you can't make everyone happy. even if you played every type of music, you will still find someone to complain about it. atleast it wasn't that horrible radio guys for HB. his fake radio voice was annoying. just for vegas please consider field 2. cause we had to start a game with the music blasting. the ref on our side had to signal to the ref calling the start to use hand signals cause we couldn't hear him when he called "mask down" let alone "barrel socks off". Thanks to that ref working that side by the entrance for that heads up, or else we would not have been ready.

EMPIRE|KEE|RPS|TOPGUNPAINTBALL.COM|BIGEVILONLINE.C OM|FLORRYPB
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM #26
PeiCheck
~PeiCheck~

Quote:
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris
Chris...don't worry about a thing, you did great. The main problem is that field 2 was way too close to field 1. events past, field 1 would always be separated from other fields mainly for that purpose. So, between what chuck was telling you, the field placement, etc. And i know it's hard to please everyone music wise, I DJ on the weekends and it's not the easiest thing. All you have to do is play a little for everyone, and the non-selfish people out there will understand.

I think you did great, thanks for the props to the refs. Always good to hear a good boost now and then. I'm sure you'll have it set in vegas. We'll see you there.

Ed Pei "Purple People Puller"
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 AM #27
atworkrightnow!

There was some questionable calls including one ref calling one my players clean then another assessing a one for one. With that being said the reffing on field two was great 10x better than Chicago!

The entire weekend went smooth thanks for a great event PEVS and NPPL!

JB
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM #28
Tempman (Banned)
we a boo

Quote:
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris
if you need a dj for your next event hit me up. i know what music makes ppl happy/pumped for the next game, and know wen not to play it.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:48 PM #29
nabbiker3
stupidly stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac3 View Post
Meh, I was only playing pump so I didn't care enough. I played 6 games for a few hours on Saturday.
what's pump?

I think the main problem was whoever told you to play music then but, I didn't mind too much it just made it hard to hear people at some points other than that I think everything was great. i had an awesome time!
Freestyle 8 and Promaster for Sale!

"Originally posted by ride4life: woooo 1000 e-points to nabbiker3!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM #30
NYEric2

I've played and reffed over 50 NPPL/PSP tournaments. The reffing was mostly good [some obviously hits didn't get penalties] and the reffs worked their butts off in pretty rough conditions. Kudos! There was music? I must have missed in with all the excitement; I played pump!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 PM #31
yankeesrule0330
Xplosion Paintball REPN

yankeesrule0330 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yankeesrule0330 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEric2 View Post
I've played and reffed over 50 NPPL/PSP tournaments. The reffing was mostly good [some obviously hits didn't get penalties] and the reffs worked their butts off in pretty rough conditions. Kudos! There was music? I must have missed in with all the excitement; I played pump!!!
something tells me 50 is a little bit of an exageration...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:48 AM #32
TXGraphixPB
Formerly Texasballa24

TXGraphixPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TXGraphixPB supports Team VICIOUS
TXGraphixPB is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrule0330 View Post
You know i thought the same thing...
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM #33
NYEric2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrule0330 View Post
Really!? Well if you must know I started traveling to different events reffing in 1998, then Reffed World Cups w/ GZ, was an head reff in PSP each event for 2 years, then reffed in the revised NPPL. If you need confirmation as Rennick Miller, Chuck Hensche, Dave Youngblood, Big Johnie, or any of the old skool owners! Ya heard!

Last edited by NYEric2 : 08-12-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM #34
zombie93

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEric2 View Post
Really!? Well if you must know I started traveling to different events reffing in 1998, then Reffed World Cups w/ GZ, was an head reff in PSP each event for 2 years, then reffed in the revised NPPL. If you need confirmation as Rennick Miller, Chuck Hensche, Dave Youngblood, Big Johnie, or any of the old skool owners! Ya heard!
Whaaaaat! Haha, now you know!
Former Teams: Savage,The Cartel,CartelKidz, Notoriou$, (Dye) ]Notoriou$ (Proto) Pitch Black
Current Team:Cartel
Proud to represent Bob Long, the Marq Victory, G6R, and the PenProShop.com for the 2010 season.
http://www.boblongdirect.com/
///M3
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 PM #35
jmac3

Why would 50 be an exaggeration?

That is 5 a year since 2000. Seeing as how between PSP and NPPL there is 10 a year, it would only take 5 years to hit that number.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM #36
pballjunkie123
EastCoastBalla

pballjunkie123 plays in the PSP
8(4 PSP. 4 NPPL) x 10(Years)= 80. I dont see how that would be an exaggeration on his part.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:47 PM #37
NYEric2

Thanx Bros! THe Sock Hat lives!