Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM #1
andyschein
OcD
 
andyschein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 845/570
andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks NPPL

Thank you for your outstanding refs,who made the absolute best calls i have ever seen.
__________________
LainWay Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998
(973) 747-5347
Best Field/Grass in the NorthEast
andyschein is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 PM #2
klimklim888
 
 
klimklim888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 215
i agree the reffs were really good and the event as a whole was just awesome
good job nppl staff and pevs
__________________
Avalanche
VSB
klimklim888 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM #3
Barber
Moose Krew.
 
Barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 765
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Is this sarcasm?
__________________
ÚSKay All Day
Barber is online now  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 PM #4
klimklim888
 
 
klimklim888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 215
no we played d4 5man and i honestly 100% thought that the reffin was great and the event was run smoothly and was really a good event.
why? you didnt think it was good?
__________________
Avalanche
VSB
klimklim888 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM #5
njpballer3
White Tee GANG
 
njpballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Jerz
Annual Supporting Member
njpballer3 is BST Legit
njpballer3 plays in the USPL
njpballer3 plays in the PSP
njpballer3 is an NCPA player
njpballer3 plays in the APPA D3 division
njpballer3 is Legendary
agreed it was very well organized and ran so smooth.
__________________
CLUTCH is back!
PLAYGROUND ARMY D4X
RAZA GI VALKEN PLAYGROUND


Support the new league PGPL! BEST prizes around and BEST field around!
njpballer3 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM #6
paintsoldier8
shut up and shoot people
 
paintsoldier8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Is this sarcasm?
never.......
__________________
hates signatures that say "Yes, I play pump"
paintsoldier8 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 PM #7
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR
 
paintballer50505's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: new jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
I must say this was the smoothest event all season by far.

Had no problem with the reffing there will always be minor issues but this had to have been the best reffing this year ive seen.

Also the event in general was just run smoothly the schedules were up correct and not last minute as were the finals schedule.

Thank you to the nppl staff who got this thing finally running smoothly, like what you would expect at a national level event
__________________
TOPGUN GSP

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 PM #8
jmac3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mass
Can I say thank you to the people who didn't realize music travels further than 12 feet?

"Oh look no pro game let's play bad music. We're in front of the pro field so it definitely isn't loud enough to be a nuisance on the one directly next to it."

Next time I think I will bring my Ipod that way instead of not being able to hear because of music I don't like I will at least be able to listen to mine.
jmac3 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 PM #9
Evil Irish Baller
I got more game than EA
 
Evil Irish Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Annual Supporting Member
Evil Irish Baller plays in the USPL
Evil Irish Baller plays in the PSP
Evil Irish Baller is playing at Living Legends VII
Evil Irish Baller plays in the APPA D5 division
Evil Irish Baller is Legendary
__________________
VIGILANTE
Paintball Indiana / Hardcore Sportz
Inception Designs / Virtue Paintball
Art of Pump / HK Army
--CCM Blue J2L & Green S6--
---G6R F5 & FLE Axe---
Evil Irish Baller is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 PM #10
pascucci
 
 
pascucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NH
haha refs on field 2 needed to pull their heads outta their ***. worst desplay of refin i've ever seen
pascucci is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:33 PM #11
Barber
Moose Krew.
 
Barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 765
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascucci View Post
haha refs on field 2 needed to pull their heads outta their ***. worst desplay of refin i've ever seen
This.

The refs had no idea what they were doing. Everyone I was on the sidelines with had complaints about the reffing and saw players getting away with blatant cheating, refs wiping off obvious hits, and refusing to check anyone.

They seemed to love the excuse of "another ref said he was clean, so I can't call a penalty."

Which is funny since in the finals, a Tlords player was called clean by a ref, then assessed a penalty by another ref on the same splatter he was called clean on.

This was all field 2, for the record. I didn't see many games on the main field.
__________________
ÚSKay All Day
Barber is online now  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 PM #12
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL
 
I'm RickJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: (703) PEV'S
I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac3 View Post
Can I say thank you to the people who didn't realize music travels further than 12 feet?

"Oh look no pro game let's play bad music. We're in front of the pro field so it definitely isn't loud enough to be a nuisance on the one directly next to it."

Next time I think I will bring my Ipod that way instead of not being able to hear because of music I don't like I will at least be able to listen to mine.
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris
__________________
NPPL DJ/MC

Follow me on Twitter- NPPLDJ


Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM #13
zombie93
 
 
zombie93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris
Don't sweat it man, you did great. Way better than those unintelligent (paintball wise anyway) heavily accented MC's that were in Huntington. People were literally yelling at them to shut up in the stands. You can't please everyone, but it seems that the NPPL is starting to heavily cater more toward the people in the stands than the players...it should be equal. I can understand the frustrations of the players on the other field though, 7-man is largely communication based; any interruption is aggravating.
__________________
2010 Vegas 7-man Div 2 Champs!
Believe it!
GEARBAGSALE
Former Teams: Savage,The Cartel,CartelKidz, Notoriou$, (Dye) ]Notoriou$ (Proto) Pitch Black
Current Team:Cartel
http://www.boblongdirect.com/
///M3
zombie93 is online now  
Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 AM #14
pntballa47
rIcE rOcKeTeeR!
 
pntballa47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: El Paso, TX
pntballa47 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pntballa47 plays in the PSP
pntballa47 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
This.

The refs had no idea what they were doing. Everyone I was on the sidelines with had complaints about the reffing and saw players getting away with blatant cheating, refs wiping off obvious hits, and refusing to check anyone.

They seemed to love the excuse of "another ref said he was clean, so I can't call a penalty."

Which is funny since in the finals, a Tlords player was called clean by a ref, then assessed a penalty by another ref on the same splatter he was called clean on.

This was all field 2, for the record. I didn't see many games on the main field.

I agree as there was a couple of occasions where the ball obviously bounced but one of the ref's on field 2 still insisted that if he saw it hit you then you were out which is complete bull.
__________________
Duke City Coalition
Empire
FTJ Construction
Hinkle

feedback
pntballa47 is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 AM #15
paintsoldier8
shut up and shoot people
 
paintsoldier8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris
I don't think you did a bad job but, whoever was telling you to play music during games was an idiot. The music and such wasn't deafening but, we did miss the start of a game due to an inability to hear the refs on field 2. However, in your defense the reffing on that field was sub par anyway.
__________________
hates signatures that say "Yes, I play pump"
paintsoldier8 is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 AM #16
??11??
"Big gay Al"
 
??11??'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i thought the reffing was pretty good seeing as how there were only 6 refs on field 2. when we ref 5-man we have 8 refs and we miss things
__________________
Professor!!.. Lava!!.. Hot!!
Minions: 2006- 2011
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
Philly Energy 2013-
??11?? is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 05:07 AM #17
502 killa
THIRDEYE
 
502 killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville
Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
refs were great on field 2.
__________________
R.I.P. Thirdeye Paintball
Paintball Asylum
MISC. Gear sale.
502 killa is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 AM #18
andyschein
OcD
 
andyschein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 845/570
andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Is this sarcasm?
no it is not
__________________
LainWay Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998
(973) 747-5347
Best Field/Grass in the NorthEast
andyschein is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM #19
painthappy
Painthappy
 
painthappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: New Hampshire
Annual Supporting Member
painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends V
painthappy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
painthappy plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 killa View Post
refs were great on field 2.
Yes. Playing in the pump division... I have nothing but good things to say about the refs. The fields were excellent....

Thank you for the many chrono stations out there, and also I enjoyed the ease of use in the fill stations. That was nice to have just before you walked onto the field.

Good stuff, and thank you!
__________________
My videos - http://www.youtube.com/painthappy
My Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintballphotos/
I even have this silly little website: http://www.mcarterbrown.com
painthappy is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 AM #20
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT
 
stevebski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
From a spectator point of view of center court, the reffing was outstanding.

The music was great too. I did question a few times when Ke$ha and Britney Spears was playing but for the most part it was nice. I didn't even think about the music blasting over the games on field 2. I can see how that can be a bit frustrating. "He's in the--""Don't stop. Make it pop..." Yeah...
__________________
Kent Island Sea Monkeys - Semper Gumby
PAINTBALL ADVENTURE PARK
stevebski is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM #21
jmac3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mass
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.
Less annoyed at you. More annoyed at whoever had the idea. It just makes no sense to be playing music while games are playing.


As for me complaining about the music, that's just because I am a ***** and was annoyed with the playing of it.
jmac3 is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump