Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 PM #22
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Why not? Rice obviously isnt their primary goal line guy, so with all the pieces still intact from last year why would they all of a sudden change that? I'd also expect alot more passing in the redzone as well with Boldin there.
Boldin isn't really a redzone threat...Fact is, RR is going to have more touches this year and likely get more redzone chances.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2010, 08:40 PM #23
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Boldin isn't really a redzone threat...Fact is, RR is going to have more touches this year and likely get more redzone chances.

You couldnt be more wrong about Boldin not being a red zone threat. Since 2007, of the 24 TDs he's caught, 4 have been over 20 yards. The rest all under 20.

Heres the yards of each of his TDs for the last 3 years in the order of which he caught them.

2007 - 5, 32, 5, 10, 2, 44, 13, 4, 20

2008 - 79, 8, 3, 4, 8, 5, 2, 7, 13, 4, 5

2009 - 10, 5, 39, 2

So as you can see, the majority of his TDs have been scored from under 10 yards out. If thats not a red zone threat I dont know what is.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:43 PM #24
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
You couldnt be more wrong about Boldin not being a red zone threat. Since 2007, of the 24 TDs he's caught, 4 have been over 20 yards. The rest all under 20.

Heres the yards of each of his TDs for the last 3 years in the order of which he caught them.

2007 - 5, 32, 5, 10, 2, 44, 13, 4, 20

2008 - 79, 8, 3, 4, 8, 5, 2, 7, 13, 4, 5

2009 - 10, 5, 39, 2

So as you can see, the majority of his TDs have been scored from under 10 yards out. If thats not a red zone threat I dont know what is.
Yea, of the TD's he's caught. He's no longer playing opposite larry fitzgerald and he isn't very big. Add on the fact he only managed to catch 4tds last year and I just don't see it. He's still only eclipsed 10td's ONE TIME. Isn't that how you always try to insult Ocho Cinco? Point out his tds(or lack there of)?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM #25
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Either way, Boldin is the toughest wide receiver in the league, and those kind of receivers are always pretty hard to beat as redzone kind of guys.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 PM #26
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Either way, Boldin is the toughest wide receiver in the league, and those kind of receivers are always pretty hard to beat as redzone kind of guys.
actually, I'll take the big bodies like Fitz, CJ, Marshall, TO, etc over receivers like Boldin in the RZ every single time.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 PM #27
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Yea, of the TD's he's caught. He's no longer playing opposite larry fitzgerald and he isn't very big. Add on the fact he only managed to catch 4tds last year and I just don't see it. He's still only eclipsed 10td's ONE TIME. Isn't that how you always try to insult Ocho Cinco? Point out his tds(or lack there of)?

Yea, because OchoCinco acts like he's caught 20 TDs every year since his rookie season. Thats why I dog him, regardless its an irrelevant point.

The majority of Boldins scores come inside the 10 yard line, its pretty hard to argue that fact. He's also 6'1 220, not exactly a "little" guy.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 PM #28
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yea, because OchoCinco acts like he's caught 20 TDs every year since his rookie season. Thats why I dog him, regardless its an irrelevant point.

The majority of Boldins scores come inside the 10 yard line, its pretty hard to argue that fact. He's also 6'1 220, not exactly a "little" guy.
i didn't say he was little, I said he wasn't very big. 6'1" is like average height for a receiver. And like I said, just because most of his td catches are inside the redzone doesn't mean he's going to catch alot of tds, because in the past he HASN"T caught that many tds.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 PM #29
Fat_Joe
$OG$

In 08 when he caught 11 despite missing 4 games they all came from 13 yards or less except 1 79 yarder against the Phins. He's a VERY legit red zone threat. How many TD's he catches is another story, but the average height of receivers in the NFL is a CH under six foot IIRC, so he's certainly above average in height and his 220 lb frame lends itself to being a big red zone threat. I dont see how this is debateable.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 PM #30
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
In 08 when he caught 11 despite missing 4 games they all came from 13 yards or less except 1 79 yarder against the Phins. He's a VERY legit red zone threat. How many TD's he catches is another story, but the average height of receivers in the NFL is a CH under six foot IIRC, so he's certainly above average in height and his 220 lb frame lends itself to being a big red zone threat. I dont see how this is debateable.
because 2 out of the last 4 yrs hes caught only 4tds and oddly enough, it was the two healthiest seasons he had. He hasn't really been able to stay healthy so I'd say its a stretch to assume he of all people is going to effect RR's td potential.

We'll know in about 3 months who was right about RR and I have a strong feeling it won't be you.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM #31
~ayomang~
livin the thug lyfe

MJD or chris johnson
Old 08-06-2010, 12:23 AM #32
automagsrule
LOIC

people always want to pick an RB first because they have the biggest impact on fantasy scores, but it's such a crapshoot that its generally not worth it. if you got first overall grab a QB, let the other guys in your league snatch up all their "game changing" RBs and make your life a little easier by picking from a shorter list.

****, for all we know, justin forsett behind alex gibb's zone blocking scheme could rack up 1500 yards against a bunch of anemic NFC west defenses.

I had second overall in my FF, i took manning (first took cj2k), when it came around to me again in the 2nd round (11th pick in the round, 12 team league) i still got to choose between rashard mendenhall, shonne green, and cedric benson, all of which legitimate first RB choices imo.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton

Last edited by automagsrule : 08-06-2010 at 12:32 AM.
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 AM #33
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
people always want to pick an RB first because they have the biggest impact on fantasy scores, but it's such a crapshoot that its generally not worth it.

if you got first overall grab a QB, let the other guys in your league snatch up all their "game changing" RBs and make your life a little easier by picking from a shorter list.

****, for all we know, justin forsett behind alex gibb's zone blocking scheme could rack up 1500 yards against a bunch of anemic NFC west defenses.
we went over why its stupid to use a first round pick on a qb in the other thread.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 AM #34
automagsrule
LOIC

for maximizing, yes, i understand the logic behind waiting on a QB. however its a gamble taking the elite RBs first.

qb first is less reward, but less risk.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 AM #35
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
for maximizing, yes, i understand the logic behind waiting on a QB. however its a gamble taking the elite RBs first.

qb first is less reward, but less risk.
Not really. Generally, if you spend time looking through stats it's fairly easy to get a top rb with a top 5 pick. However, getting a qb that outpaces the field worthy of taking him top 5 is basically a total crapshoot.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:18 PM #36
KEEPITOG (Banned)

Maurice Jones drew
KEEPITOG is offline   Reply With Quote