Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 PM #1
pbguy747
O HAI!

pbguy747 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbguy747 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbguy747 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pbguy747 supports Empire
T8, T8.1, T9, or T9.1?

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a pistol from Tiberius (switching from ariakon overlord rxs) and I would just like to know the main difference between each of these and price range. Thx in advance!
Respect yourself, respect your teammates, respect those who we represent, respect all the other players, respect the spectators and respect the game. We play for the love of the game, winning is just an added bonus.
pbguy747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 PM #2
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
First the main difference between the 8.x and the 9.x can be summed up as:

8.x is for pistol play only.
9.x can be converted between pistol, SMG, and rifle style.

Some of the details are:

8.x only feeds via magazines.
9.x can use magazine or hopper feed (Twist the barrel to change feed ports)

8.x doesn't have a top rail to mount scopes or red dot sights. Just basic iron sights.
9.x has a top rail the runs the full length of the pistol.

8.x can't use stocks.
9.x comes with a removable and adjustable stock.

8.x have a simple 8"-9" barrel
9.x have a barrel that accepts threaded extensions, muzzle flashes, mock silencers, apex tips, loudeners, ect, ect...

Detailed differences:

8.0 and 9.0 need an expensive conversion kit to fire first strike rounds.
8.1 and 9.1 can fire first strike rounds out of the box.

8.0 and 9.0 remote lines need to run though the magazine, making mag changes difficult if running remote.
9.1 can use remote out of the box.
9.1 can use a tank directly on the back.
9.1 has an optional 13/3000 tank IN the stock which is simply, amazing.
8.1 has a soon to be released optional rear remote line adapter.

If buying new there's simply no reason not to get a x.1 it's rare to find the x.0 new and when you do they are so close in price to the x.1 that it's worth getting the x.1 simply for the out of the box first strike capability.

If you just want to use a pistol and don't care about later attaching a stock or a scope then the 8.1 is also the more affordable route.
$200 for a new 8.1
or
$250 for a new 8.1 with extra magazine, holster and mag pouch.

Used T8 can sometimes be found for around $160, however the T8 magazines are heavier than the T8.1's. The T8 also cannot fire first strike rounds without the $90+ conversion kit.

If you'd like to run remote, use a stock, use a hopper, use a sight, use a tight tank-in-stock, or attach mock silencers then you should really be looking at the T9.1.
$350 for the T9.1 Ranger - Arguably the best 9.1 model to start out.
$120 for the 13/3000 tank-in-stock. No need to use 12 grams!
$030 spare magazine
-----
$500

T9.0s are holding their value pretty well. The only reason to get a 9.0 over a 9.1 would be if you wanted to use a fancy custom stock.

Hope this helps.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.

Last edited by voodooaddict : 07-23-2010 at 05:38 AM.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 AM #3
slingshotted

pbguy, what is making you upgrade from the overlord to Tiberius? I am currently playing with both and having a wonderful time with it.

btw great post voodoo. very informative. ill be looking at that post a lot when i want to upgrade from playing with T8

Last edited by slingshotted : 07-23-2010 at 03:33 AM.
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 AM #4
voodooaddict

It basically comes down to if you can afford the 9.1: It does everything the 8.1 can do and is flexible enough to do much, much more. The only thing better then getting a 9.1 at the start is starting with an 8.1 and plan to add a 9.1 later. All the mags you'd accumulate would be interchangeable.

And it would give you many fun ways to play:
- 9.1 in Rifle or SMG form on a sling and an 8.1 in a holster for backup/close-quarters.
- Loaning the 8.1 to a friend to get them hooked on limited paint play and Tiberius.
- Dual wielding pistols with the 8.1 and an 9.1 in pistol form.

Personal Anecdote:
I started with a used T8 and then moved into much more Tiberius gear from there. In hindsight, I would have done better to just get the 8.1 players kit and a few First Strike mags at the start.

I wasted money on 2 "cheaper" non-Tiberius holsters that didn't quite fit the T8.
- Then later bought the the actual Tiberius one included in the 8.1 player's kit.**

Bought some "quick changer" add-ons for the old mags.
- Quick changers would have been included on the newer first strike mags.

Spent a fair amount of time modifying (dremel, file, sand, and polish) the stock of T8 mags so they could fit the later purchased 9.1.
- The 8.1's included mags would have worked right away with no modification. (Not actual $$ wasted, but my time is still worth something.)

The only marker I'd recommend against right now is the T4. Primarily due to cost and inflexibility compared with the 9.1.

First off for $10 less than a $900 T4 (w/2 Magazines) you can get:
$350 - 9.1 Ranger (1 Magazine)
$250 - 8.1 players kit (2 Magazines)
$120 - 13/3000 tank-in-stock upgrade
$090 - 3 extra mags (Now 6 mags total)
$040 - Drop leg spare mag holder
$040 - 100 First Strike rounds
-----
$890***

T4 mags are also NOT interchangeable with T9.1 and T8.1. This isn't' to say the T4 can't be a bad @$$ piece of kit. It's just not as much of a value as the T9.1.

**Note on the Holsters. How you setup your gear is a very personal thing. I'm not going to tell you there is a right and a wrong way to setup your gear. I can only tell you what worked for me, what didn't, and why. Many people don't like the Tiberius brand holster because it shakes a bit too much if you run with a pistol in there. Personally, when running, I have the pistol in hand. The problem I had with the other holsters was that they didn't fit the T8 snugly and needed lots of adjustment every time I'd use them. The Tiberius holster while not perfect, did "just work". And it was quite afordable in comparison with the "best" rated Tiberius holsters (Skunkworks and/or CQB holsters - pm for links, and a more involved description).

***Note: I'm not suggesting you must buy almost $900 worth of Tiberius gear. Just comparing what $900 gets you on the T8.1 and T9.1 vs the T4.

Last edited by voodooaddict : 07-23-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added T4 comment.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM #5
pbguy747
O HAI!

pbguy747 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbguy747 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbguy747 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pbguy747 supports Empire
Thank you voodoo for the info!

I'm switching because if Ariakon isn't out of business already, it seems like getting replacement parts would be very difficult to find. The customizability of the Tiberius line also appeals to me quite a bit.
Respect yourself, respect your teammates, respect those who we represent, respect all the other players, respect the spectators and respect the game. We play for the love of the game, winning is just an added bonus.
pbguy747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM #6
paintballhick
Team Akkadian

how is the trigger pull for a tiberius? I have seen them and they look like it would be a hard pull
No pics yet
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
****Looking for a TM-15****
paintballhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:35 PM #7
voodooaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballhick View Post
how is the trigger pull for a tiberius? I have seen them and they look like it would be a hard pull
It's a mechanical marker, not an electro. Trigger pull reminds me of the original spyder. Tiberius isn't about rate of fire.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:41 AM #8
paintballhick
Team Akkadian

yes I know that but I'm wondering if its any different than a tippmann. like is it easier to pull or harder?
No pics yet
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
****Looking for a TM-15****
paintballhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:04 AM #9
7usabball

7usabball posts videos on PbNation
7usabball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
7usabball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
7usabball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.ansgear.com/ProductDetail...RPACK&CartID=9

why does it say this? "Magazine Fed � Internal Magazine Holds A 12-Gram CO2 & 8 Standard Paintballs"

and says nothing about first strike rounds
that sort of worries me
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 AM #10
voodooaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7usabball View Post
http://www.ansgear.com/ProductDetail...RPACK&CartID=9

why does it say this? "Magazine Fed � Internal Magazine Holds A 12-Gram CO2 & 8 Standard Paintballs"

and says nothing about first strike rounds
that sort of worries me
Nothing to worry about. The 8.1 only takes the first strike capable magazines (or custom modified original mags). The first strike magazines are also capable of using standard paintballs.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 PM #11
Wiredin

I hate to thread-jack, but I didn't want to start a new thread....

I came across on a fantastic deal on a T9 elite, used for $400 with 3 mags, sold through a local store, with 1y warranty through the store.

I was gonna get a Ranger 9.1, but no one has them in stock locally...they only carry the elite.

Now, the 9 cannot take FS rounds, but my local fields are field paint only, so I don't even know how useful the FS ability of the 9.1 is going to be... The big issue I have is with remote air as I would like to keep the hopper going until I get used to the limited ammo of the T9.

Do I read right that the air is through the mag on the T9? So if I wanna run remote I gotta get a special kit. Is this kit still allow me to swap mags? Or is it pretty much the one mag and hopper?
Wiredin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:43 PM #12
Sintinall

From what I gather, fields say "Field paint only to keep the cheap crap paint out. First Strike rounds aren't considered cheap but ask if they allow before buying.
Sintinall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM #13
casperct
SUCKITEASY

casperct supports Cereal Killerz 2
casperct posts videos on PbNation
In a pistol form the t8 (pb's only) to me is the best.Really simple internals.Less orings the mags are bullet proof easy to reload.Tiberius has a new 8.1/9.1 mag that is simular now to the old t8 mags.In a rifle form the 9.1 is the best truely affordable semi auto fsr platform.Look around you'll find deals on them.

Originally Posted by warbeak2099(on .50 cal)
It gets 1k shots more per fill because of the lazering. Don't worry about it making sense, Chris Lasoya says it's true so that's good enough for me...

Seriously though, his shampoo has got to have ****ing heroine in it
casperct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 PM #14
Headhunter2013

Headhunter2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The T9.1 is the most versatile and reliable Magfed marker on earth. The only upgrade needed is a Lapco 686 smooth bore barrel. The trigger pull is easy, prolly easier than a tippman IMO. Plus it will take 12 gram co2 in the mag or 13 ci air thru stock or remote coil. I like using the sniper setup with 12g Magfed air and a 50 round hopper of paint with first strikes loaded in the mags. Have a unlimited relief 4x scope with red dot on the side for up close. Here's some pics...

Hope you enjoy...

(((O))) Shocker Owner (((O)))
Headhunter2013 is offline   Reply With Quote