PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2010, 06:25 PM #1
CraigMiller
Craig Miller

CraigMiller works for a Paintball manufacturer
INTERVIEW: MONSTER GAME RED TEAM GENERAL, Brian Barno, throws down a Gauntlet!

In advance of this weekend’s 2010 MONSTER GAME™ at the legendary Hell Survivors® Paintball WarGames Fields in Pinckney Michigan, we reached out to both Generals for short interviews. Here is the 2nd INTERVIEW with Brian Barno, Red Team General. Wednesday, July 21, 2010: BRIAN BARNO THROWS DOWN THE GAUNTLET:

1) Who have you selected as your Commanding Officer(s), and any other Right-Hand Staff that you will count on to carry out your strategies and master plan for this weekend’s MONSTER GAME at Hell Survivors?
[BRIAN] I do not wish to reveal this information at this time. It’s classified.

2) With the deeply experienced, well known, loyally-supported Linda “Psycho Mom” Ambler playing as General for the opponents Yellow Team, what particular approach will you use to counteract her decades of experience and strategic skill?
[BRIAN] She has somehow commandeered Blues Crew to play for her “Yellow Side”…Huuummmmm. Could there be more to the “YELLOW TEAM” color designation than meets the eye? Can you say dirty pool? Blue’s Crew is a DXS®/VForce® Factory Sponsored team. Interesting. Blue? Deuce? Mom? Do the words “WATCH YOUR BACK” mean anything? So… she evidently wants to get creative and break into the “grey area” before the game has even started. Well, I have some pretty advanced minds in my arsenal as well… Bwahawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhaw…

3) Regarding Big Games and Scenarios, have you ever played an active ROLE before? (Commander/General/Grand Poobah/Victim/Alien Leader/ etc.)
[BRIAN] Well, this will only be my first Monster Game at Hell Survivors. I do recognize Psycho Mom’s home field advantage and many years of experience, but she does not scare me at all. I like to think outside the box.

4) When and how did you get into Paintball?
[BRIAN] I have been in Paintball for over 22 years now, mainly on the tournament side of things, where very creative game playing was invented.

5) What gives you confidence in winning this 2010 Monster Game?
[BRIAN] My confidence comes from being the underdog. Don’t under estimate me, I may have a few tricks up my sleeve.

6) To what main thing do you attribute your incredible record of success?
[BRIAN] I’d rather start on a NEW record of success between us. Maybe Psycho Mom would like to meet up on the field of battle one-on-one. Let me know the time and place.

7) How would you introduce yourself to Linda “Psycho Mom” Ambler, if she were here now?
[BRIAN] I was always brought up to respect my elders, but with all due respect, I might have to forgo that this weekend.

8) Any Sponsors you wish to name and thank?
[BRIAN] well I guess this would be the obvious. DXS and Vforce.

9) What are you doing now, as you last minute get-ready steps?
[BRIAN] I’m just relaxing while my assistant is calling some funeral homes in the MI area. It is going to be very expensive burying the whole yellow team.

DON'T MISS THIS WEEKEND'S 22nd ANNUAL MONSTER GAME® at HELL SURVIVORS® WARGAMES in Pinckney Michigan! (Hell Survivors dot com)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM #2
CONFEDERATE ARMY
ha ha ha

CONFEDERATE ARMY has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
brian, you will have a younger,faster,and more aggresive team with more home field advantage than blues boys . they shall be scared.

if you hear....
a "yeee ha" in the woods its never a good thing for the other team (either i just took a few of your players out or im comming your way...)
a "yeee ha" on a plane is something to not even think about , just RUN (pointing a gun at me only tempts me to drop off and shoot you in the face) "its happened before and will again.
a "yeee ha" in a chopper it might be a good idea to just call your self out now. (no discription needed.......at all!!!)

Global conquest y2k12 team mexico "president"
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 PM #3
Invictus07

Invictus07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Invictus07 supports Team VICIOUS
Invictus07 is an NCPA player
Invictus07 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMiller View Post
In advance of this weekend’s 2010 MONSTER GAME™ at the legendary Hell Survivors® Paintball WarGames Fields in Pinckney Michigan, we reached out to both Generals for short interviews. Here is the 2nd INTERVIEW with Brian Barno, Red Team General. Wednesday, July 21, 2010: BRIAN BARNO THROWS DOWN THE GAUNTLET:

4) When and how did you get into Paintball?
[BRIAN] I have been in Paintball for over 22 years now, mainly on the tournament side of things, where very creative game playing was invented.

DON'T MISS THIS WEEKEND'S 22nd ANNUAL MONSTER GAME® at HELL SURVIVORS® WARGAMES in Pinckney Michigan! (Hell Survivors dot com)

I can just hear the sound of all the tippmann woodsballers switching their registrations as we speak. Be careful what you say about your crew! The young tippy kids and the old army guys may come after you!
"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld
Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 AM #4
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Na, I hold no distaste for those comments. If it wasn't for our aspect of the game there would be no speedball like it is today. So...your welcome

Anyways, getting back on track; I think bringing in someone new is great. It gives us a chance to have someone with a fresh view point going into the game. However, I hope he surrounds himself with some of the Monster Game "old timers." As they hold a wealth of knowledge on the many aspects of this game.

Last edited by steve_81 : 07-22-2010 at 09:22 AM.