Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2010, 04:35 AM #22
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ Pain View Post
1. I want to be an Officer as a means to pay for college.
2. I'll be a sophomore, entering the ROTC program for the first year. It's next to impossible to get a regular Army ROTC scholarship as a sophomore because they reserve all of those for incoming freshman.
3. I have signed the ASVAB test thing. That's all. No contracts.

http://www.nationalguard.com/benefit...d-scholarships

The DEDNG w/ SMP was my ideal path that I wanted to follow. Is the recruiter just trying to get me to enlist to fill a quota?
I heard they're hurting for submariners right now...

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 PM #23
Viper37
**** the C.S.A.

has been a member for 10 years
Viper37 helped look for balloons
Yeah, women submariners. Good luck getting sent to BESS if you came with a penis from the factory.
Originally posted by Mr.jon: "god viper is raping you guys with the comebacks, not even kidding."
Originally posted by kfresh: "car companys do not intentionally put parts on that will brake"
Viper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:00 PM #24
babsa_90

Why would you sign a contract and not know everything it entailed?

Don't join the military clueless, you will be ****ed over.
babsa_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:34 PM #25
GJ Pain
is chill

GJ Pain plays in the PSP
GJ Pain supports Team VICIOUS
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
The only contract you should be signing is the ROTC enrollment contract. SMP can be done at anytime during ROTC.

But I strongly suggest you fix yourself mentally. All the people I know who did ROTC for $$$ sucked *** and were the biggest douchebags on Earth cause all they cared about were themselves. You want money, take out a loan. You want to lead Soldiers then be an officer.
I have been thinking about this hard. I guess my post made it come off that I was just trying to make a buck, serve my time, and not give a ****.

That's not the case. I love my country and every opportunity it has given me. The military is appealing to me because I want to give back and I believe that I can make a difference. The benefits that come with it are just a bonus. Plus, if I'm going to make this commitment, I'm not going to half-*** it. That would be wasting both parties' times.

At the same time, I think the military will help me better myself. I guess my mistake was going to the recruiter in the first place because it seems like he was leading me down a wayward path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
wow you want to be in the army to pay for college... do us a favor, get some student loans and stay the **** out of the military.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
...I don't know why you seem to believe they reserve all army scholarships for freshmen...
I talked to the LT who was in charge of the ROTC program. Since Mizzou has a high ROTC enrollment program, the Army can only give out so many scholarships. So unless my grades were absolutely spectacular (they're not), I would have to look for another means to get the scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
I heard they're hurting for submariners right now...
I'm not trying to relive Das Boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsa_90 View Post
Why would you sign a contract and not know everything it entailed?

Don't join the military clueless, you will be ****ed over.
Haven't signed any contracts yet. I'm trying to get my head and **** straight at the moment, to avoid any ****ing over on my part.
GJ Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 AM #26
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ Pain View Post
I talked to the LT who was in charge of the ROTC program. Since Mizzou has a high ROTC enrollment program, the Army can only give out so many scholarships. So unless my grades were absolutely spectacular (they're not), I would have to look for another means to get the scholarship.
lolwut
I mean seriously, every branch here is run by a colonel... Navy/Marines, AF, and Army all have colonels in charge, and they've all offered me scholarships going in as a jr... and it's not like I'm a 4.0 student.

That being said, you ought to figure out why you want to serve before you say for the college money. If all you want is college money, you're probably going to get ****ed by the system; you're not motivated enough to make them want you, firstly, and secondly you're going to hate your term of service.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 AM #27
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
lolwut
That being said, you ought to figure out why you want to serve before you say for the college money. If all you want is college money, you're probably going to get ****ed by the system; you're not motivated enough to make them want you, firstly, and secondly you're going to hate your term of service.
I wanted to kill people, the college money was a bonus.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM #28
GJ Pain
is chill

GJ Pain plays in the PSP
GJ Pain supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
lolwut
I mean seriously, every branch here is run by a colonel... Navy/Marines, AF, and Army all have colonels in charge, and they've all offered me scholarships going in as a jr... and it's not like I'm a 4.0 student.

Sorry. Didn't mean in charge, but he is the hands on commander I guess, the one that has the most contact with the cadets.i
GJ Pain is offline   Reply With Quote