Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM #1
Doin Work Son
Get On My Level

Doin Work Son owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Doin Work Son supports Team VICIOUS
Crossfire to Guerilla?

Hey guys, I bought a crossfire 68/45 from their bargain bin and it is a bit longer than I would like and I have had a continued leak from the reg. Could I swap the reg out for a guerilla reg in order to shorten the overall length? Is it a direct screw in (threads the same)? And do I just need to lock-tite it and let it sit overnight? Thanks guys!
Doin Work Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2010, 05:01 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
You could swap the reg out as they are the same threading.
Is it the new SS reg? You could service the reg yourself or you could contact crossfire about the issue you are having with it.
Usually an easier way to compensate for a long tank is to move your asa forward or purchase a rail if you don't have one so you can move the asa forward. Only because a rail is cheaper then a whole new regulator, especially if you would be looking at a G2 reg which is pretty pricey. And if it's a matter of that inch or two usually just changing the position of the asa is more then enough in most cases.

If you are set on a new reg though you would just have to hand tighten the reg and then use a strap wrench to tighten the reg down beyond then. Ensuring there is no gap between the reg and tank body. That should also ensure that hand strength wouldn't be sufficient enough to remove the regulator.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 PM #3
Doin Work Son
Get On My Level

It's the older style reg. It's primarily a length issue to be honest. I have set my ASA forward a pretty substantial length and still do not like it, and my 06 ego has a rail build into the grip, so I cannot extend it. Thank you for the helpful advice. I was looking at the guerilla air myth. It's 40 bucks most places, so I figured that the price of purchasing another ASA for my gun and would solve the slight leak issue as well. To birds with one stone since it is 3/4" from ASA to bottle and my current reg is about 1.5-2 inches.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:14 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Sounds good.
Just be aware though if you trade your ego for a marker that has it's asa that lines up right with the back of the grip frame, myths sometimes have the issue of having the gauge hit the back of the grip frame and not fully screw in. Then you either have to buy a rail or a reg extender too compensate for a length that may be too short.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 PM #5
Doin Work Son
Get On My Level

Hmmm... you raise a valid point. I guess if/when I get one, I will send the crossfire reg into the factory or repair it myself in order to have a back up.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 PM #6
alc9020

Where's the leak on your Crossfire Reg? It might just be a loose fill, burst disk or gauge. Make sure each port is tightened it might be simple as that. Another thing to watch out for with the shorter Regs is that the bulge of the tank will be so much closer to your wrist. It took me some time to get use to it and I had to swap the fill nipple with the gauge to get it out of the way on my SS tank.
alc9020 is offline   Reply With Quote