PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM #1
Gibbsinator
Ego5/Ion/Spyder

Gibbsinator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Crossfire SS Tank/Reg

Alright, so I don't want this to be a vs. thread, I just want some opinion and insight on this tank/reg. Since the bottle doesn't affect very much, just the reg basically. I know Crossfire has been a leader and brand name in regs for awhile, is this new reg Crossfire good? It SEEMS like a myth reg killer. Not a vs. thread. I just want to know if this reg does it job as described and does it well without having failure problems. Anyone with the reg is welcome to post their length of use and impression.
-Spyder Classic-
Gibbsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Well it's still a new run and there seem to be some issues people are having from time to time. However, that being said, Crossfire has been good about addressing the issues as it seems the issues are from assembly. The lines are probably moving very fast to meet the demands so human error comes into play.
It's still a crossfire reg system though so it's crossfire quality. The benefit is it being user serviceable and you can change the output pressure with either an LP or HP piston kit that you purchase separately. And it's a bit smaller and lighter without being too small.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 PM #3
Gibbsinator
Ego5/Ion/Spyder

Gibbsinator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hmm, I don't like the idea of regs running into problems. I know Crossfire has a good rep and is a good company though. The HP/LP piston swap isn't anything new, but always a nice feature. The PE Reactor regs have that ability, and are rebuildable as well. However they are much larger then the Stealth systems, lol. I'm mostly interested in the affordable system and lifetime hydro, but I don't want a crappy reg on my bottle.
-Spyder Classic-
Gibbsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:07 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It's not a crappy reg in any regard. It seems the issues that have popped up, you can look through the threads, are few and far between but seem to point to being assembly issues; ie human error.
It's a new launch and a new product. However, I haven't seen a thread in quite a while on any issues and I wouldn't think twice about getting one. I think the lifetime hydro special is over with though however. It was a limited time thing.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 PM #5
nabbiker3
stupidly stupid

Annual Supporting Member
I have one of the first ss regs and have had zero problem I oredered it as soon as they were available. There are zero problems that will occur unless you decide to mess with it. Most of the complaints are from the oring on the piston of the reg when the cylinder is not pressurized can slip out of place during shipping and so the tank will leak instead of filling. All you have to do is pop it back into place and your good to go. I have had the same reliability as my old crossfire reg with this one. I wouldn't hesitated to buy one at these prices.
Freestyle 8 and Promaster for Sale!

"Originally posted by ride4life: woooo 1000 e-points to nabbiker3!!!!!!!!!!!"
nabbiker3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM #6
chris@CrossFire

chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
Life time hydro is going till the end of July. It was tested for 6 months at some of the busiest fields on the East and West coast for 6 months before release. Paintball Authority being one big field. Any how it is solid and the biggest thing was when you make a reg small you sacrifice performance, hence the big tegs back in the day. It took us a long time to get this to be comparable with our old system that was and is the fastest recharge. So choose your preference mfgr and if it is us hope you like it. Guess that is the bottom line. Old Angel Air were terrible (Sorry great friends at angel) but because someone spent $500 on it you could not tell them that they have drop off. That is when I learned you buy what you want and you'll be happy. If you got a Toyota truck because of the commercials and go to a bon fire and everyone from the country rips you cause it aint a Chevy you'll feel like a tool. But if you were there and believed in your product their comments would not offend you. Get what you like then you don't have anyone to b#*ch at.

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote