Old 07-03-2010, 04:28 AM #127
vivalaconfederacy
El PRESIDENTE

vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vivalaconfederacy supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Interesting. Before NPPL took the HB rosters down from the website, I manually checked some of the rosters listed online. Of the top 4 teams in D3 and D4 5-man (8 total), two had rosters listed that were definitely illegal, and another two had rosters listed that I was 95% sure were illegal - and that was just based on the information available to me. Some of the rosters did not even have all the players listed, unless there were 7-man teams playing the whole weekend with 6 players. It should be pretty obvious that a team that only has 6 players rostered is playing with an illegal player. Who knows how many teams had 7 players rostered and were playing with 8?

How do you know you're doing a virtually perfect job? The thing about stopping illegal rosters is that there is no way to tell the difference between having no illegal rosters and having lots of illegal rosters you are not catching. Of course, the harder you are looking for illegal rosters, the more likely it is there actually are not any, but NPPL isn't looking very hard if I checked 8 rosters and at least a quarter if not half of them were illegal, not to mention the teams allowed to play without having their rosters completed.

Not catching anyone is actually pretty good evidence that you're missing illegal rosters. It's paintball. SOMEBODY out there always thinks they can beat the system. A solid software system will stop the "innocent" people who would play with illegal rosters just because they didn't take the time to figure out what all their players were classed, but the people who are willfully trying to circumvent the system are much sneakier. I know the vast majority of those people that we catch we do so through methods NPPL simply does not have available.

I (obviously) think the membership fee is reasonable. Doing the job right is not inexpensive. I think the objection your players may have is they are paying the price to have the job done right, but not having the job done.

- Chris
shoot me a pm i (as a player ) from the d4 div would LOVE to know who sandbagged. Just based on your evidence, because on sunday it did seem like a certain team was stacked with players tHAT WERE NOT THERE ON FRIDAY THANKS!!!!!!!1
XSV EGO9
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3264655
vivalaconfederacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:03 PM #128
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Would be great if both leagues used APPA. Honestly, with how much it costs to play a national event, I think the players would be willing to pay (literally) a few more bucks for APPA.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:44 PM #129
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaconfederacy View Post
shoot me a pm i (as a player ) from the d4 div would LOVE to know who sandbagged. Just based on your evidence, because on sunday it did seem like a certain team was stacked with players tHAT WERE NOT THERE ON FRIDAY THANKS!!!!!!!1
I would love to know this as well. But the teams that won Hb and chicago were both legit. There was a rumor going that my team, Blackout, and the team that won chicago, Hate, were both illegal. A member of our team contacted appa and they said that both our team were clear. So I am also curious as to who was sandbagging in d4 especially since both our teams won the 1st 2 events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
Would be great if both leagues used APPA. Honestly, with how much it costs to play a national event, I think the players would be willing to pay (literally) a few more bucks for APPA.
I completely agree!
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM #130
LittleH8kid

LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D2 division
i really want to know how to check rosters. what teams in D4 your talking about.
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:38 PM #131
empirep8ntball23
jdennis

empirep8ntball23 is an NCPA National Champion
empirep8ntball23 plays in the APPA D1 division
empirep8ntball23 supports Empire
empirep8ntball23 is All In
APPA rank doesn't matter in NPPL because they do not use or pay for the service anymore.

TeamBOOMPaintball on Facebook
empirep8ntball23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 AM #132
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by empirep8ntball23 View Post
APPA rank doesn't matter in NPPL because they do not use or pay for the service anymore.
The nppl doesn't use it per say, but in the 2010 rule book it states that what ever your highest rank is either in nppl or psp (appa) that is the rank that you must go by. Our team wasn't allowed to roster a D3 psp player who has never played nppl because his appa # is D3.

I just would like for all leagues to use one system, it would make tournaments altogether more fair. My .02
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM #133
empirep8ntball23
jdennis

empirep8ntball23 is an NCPA National Champion
empirep8ntball23 plays in the APPA D1 division
empirep8ntball23 supports Empire
empirep8ntball23 is All In
That rule you reference in the rulebook was not followed by every player that played Chicago. Review this thread and you'll see some instances.

I agree, and I think 99.9% of everyone else does too. One system would be much better.

TeamBOOMPaintball on Facebook
empirep8ntball23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:21 PM #134
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by empirep8ntball23 View Post
That rule you reference in the rulebook was not followed by every player that played Chicago. Review this thread and you'll see some instances.

I agree, and I think 99.9% of everyone else does too. One system would be much better.
I don't think I said it was followed by ever player , and it probably never will be, unfortunatly.

It just sucks for the teams that actually play legit.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 PM #135
jesus01
That guy

jesus01 is playing at Living Legends VI
jesus01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VI
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VII
im glad i saw this thread.

i was looking to play a few nppl events but not now.

i dont like thiefs=nppl
i dont like cheaters=some nppl players/granted there are cheaters in other leagues but atleast psp makes an effort to stop it.

i know the appa and psp system isnt perfect but its darn close so ill just stick to psp for now and ill wait to see if nppl wants to grow up and make a reputable league of themselves or not.