Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 PM #1
jrudcocker85

dwell question for 07 redefined board

I have my 07 ego setup with the virtue redefined board and wanted to know what the best settings are for it in terms of dwell and everything else. I couldn't find an ego specific manual for the redefined board and wasn't sure if the regular virtue board settings were equivalent. Let me know what you got yours set at and ow it is on efficiency. Thanks.
jrudcocker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2010, 06:01 PM #2
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
I know the virtue board stock dwell is 9. I have found in multiple cases that this is too low. start with 14 and dwell tune from there!
levesque45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:46 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
^^^
Agreed.

As far as other settings are concerned, firing mode will obviously be dictated by use, as will the rate of fire setting, so set you board accordingly.

If your marker chops paint, and there is no other apparent reason for it, try increasing the eye delay setting.

If you have trigger bounce, adjust the debounce and anti mechanical bounce to eliminate it.

Those are the only settings you need to worry about most of the time.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 AM #4
jrudcocker85

Awesome, I read that the dwell stock was at 9 but in know on the stock board the general consensus was that12.5 is the optimal setting with the lpr turned one turn in past flush according to BILL from PE. Just needed to be sure that the dwell settings on the virtue board went the same way. Thanks.
jrudcocker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM #5
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

sharkethic86 is Legendary
does that go for most egos? i have a '10 and i wasn't sure what the optimal settings are.. right now i have dwell @ 12 and the lpr looks flush
sharkethic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 AM #6
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrudcocker85 View Post
Awesome, I read that the dwell stock was at 9 but in know on the stock board the general consensus was that12.5 is the optimal setting with the lpr turned one turn in past flush according to BILL from PE. Just needed to be sure that the dwell settings on the virtue board went the same way. Thanks.
I think Bill normally says 14ms for the Ego7.

The stock setting for the stock Ego7 board is actually 16ms, but this is widely accepted as being higher than it needs to be.

You can't always assume that the setting on one manufacturer's board will be comparable to the setting on another, but the 9ms quoted by Virtue does seem very low. That's why we suggest starting with a more conservsative setting, and then dwell tuning to see if it can go lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkethic86 View Post
does that go for most egos? i have a '10 and i wasn't sure what the optimal settings are.. right now i have dwell @ 12 and the lpr looks flush
If memory serves, the stock setting for the Ego10 is 10.5ms dwell, and the recommended LPR setting is two turns in from flush. Some people then turn the dwell up a couple of ms, and go in on the LPR another turn or at the most two, in order to get a smoother cycle (that is the absolute furthest I would consider going in on the Ego10 LPR - on an Ego8 or earlier, I wouldn't suggest going in more than two turns max).
Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM #7
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

upping the dwell = slightly softer shot, minimal efficiency loss (correct?)

turning the LPR in lowers the pressure, thus creating a softer shot as well but not really effecting efficiency?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 AM #8
Uziel Gal

Increasing dwell could have a noticeable effect on efficiency - basically, you are increasing the length of time that the valve is open, and hence the amount of air released. The LPR pressure can have an effect on how far the valve opens, so can also have an effect on velocity and the amount of air released, but oin this instance, were lowering the pressure, so you wouldn't lose efficiency, and the Ego LPR only makes relatively small changes to the pressure anyway.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:02 AM #9
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

yea i am well aware of what the dwell does, i was just told that a maybe 1-2ms increase in dwell would not bring about any noticeable change in eff, and usually just help soften the shot.

so for the lpr.. i am assuming that going a turn or two in is also going to do nothing but soften my shot?