Bro, do you even operate?

NJ Mikey A plays in the PSP
NJ Mikey A supports Cereal Killerz 2
NJ Mikey A owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NJ Mikey A supports Team VICIOUS
NJ Mikey A is for the Gunfight
NJ Mikey A supports Sherwood Forest
Air leak :(

Hello folks, I love my creed but have been having some small consistency issues, when previously I was +4 -4 at most has jumped. On top of that this previous week I noticed an air leak coming from the feed neck area, which is probably just coming from the valve/poppet area. I was planning on tearing it down and seeing if there are any damaged o-rings. Any suggestions or idea's ?
You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." "There is a point beyond which they must not advance." And this—this is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said, "The destiny of man is not measured by material computations. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we're spirits—not animals." And he said, "There's something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
NJ Mikey A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Sounds like you have it all planned out. It's probably the small inner oring of the valve that the poppet rides through. If you don't keep it lubed up it can wear out. I use a bit of dow55 on mine just to keep it fitting snug.

If the leak is coming out of your bolts air port instead, then you may have a dirty cup seal.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 PM #3
renrag75

renrag75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
renrag75 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Sounds like you have it all planned out. It's probably the small inner oring of the valve that the poppet rides through. If you don't keep it lubed up it can wear out. I use a bit of dow55 on mine just to keep it fitting snug.

If the leak is coming out of your bolts air port instead, then you may have a dirty cup seal.
Are you talking about the o-ring on the poppit or inside the valve body? I am having the same leak. Thanks.

DM12 Black & Tan
renrag75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:34 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Inside the valve body. The small one that the end of the poppet passes through so it can be struck by the rammer. That one will allow air to leak out inside the body. If it was the larger one that's on the poppet air would leak out the bolt.

I used dow55 on my poppet and valve orings just to make sure they maintain a nice fit over time. I also make sure to put a little extra glob on the end of the poppet to make sure there is a good reserve in there. That way I don't have to break the valve down as often. Remember........balanced valves do require some love from time to time. It's the price you pay for the extra smooth action.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.

Last edited by MstrKey : 07-04-2010 at 01:37 PM.
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 AM #5
egokid321
QT

egokid321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
egokid321 supports Team VICIOUS
egokid321 is for the Gunfight
its the popet

Cs union
egokid321 is online now   Reply With Quote