Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 AM #1
michaeladam

A better paintball for the eraser?

I bought an eraser but the paintballs that come with it are pure junk. Anyone know of a paintball that is better quality. thanks
michaeladam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 AM #2
robertseakykr

The paint that came with my Eraser was too brittle (too old maybe?) and I had alot of paint breaking in the gun. Buy a fresh jar of Kingman paint and it'll work better for you.
.43 paint doesn't have alot of mass, Kingman made the paint is super-brittle so that you'll get breaks and not bounces.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:18 PM #3
michaeladam

I did buy a can of 500 yellow rounds of kingman premium paintballs. The problem is the paint seems to small for the barrel and some are still deformed. Does anyone have experience with the rap4 paint?
michaeladam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:20 PM #4
John S.

Rap4 paint only breaks on solid objects...
Old 06-22-2010, 03:01 PM #5
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Rap4 paint only breaks on solid objects...
Understanding that the Rap4's will likely only break on the mask... Has anyone tried using the rap4 .43 cal paintballs with the kingman training line? Do they fire with less issue ... less breaks?

I'm looking at picking up a couple of 12gram pistols for some backyard style paintball. Something that I could use to share the fun of paintball with people who wouldn't normally play... maybe get them to goto a field and try the real thing.

The low cost, low pain, and close range make these perfect for it... however I'm fearful of in-marker paintball breaks ruining the fun for these new players. Using a firmer ball like the rap4 sounds like a good option ... just changing the game to more of an honor system like reballs.

My more expensive option is to just get more .68 cal Tiberius gear and chrono them down to 240-250 range. Honestly that's the direction I'm leaning, however I wanted to give the Kingmann training line a serious look first. Seeing as this seems to be what they are made for.

(The BT SA-17 could also be an option, due to cost but so far I have yet to see a very positive review. The TPX is close enough in price to the Tiberius line that I'd rather pay a little more and stick with the gear I've been running. )
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 AM #6
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

68 is the only way to go.
also, dont play at too slow of speed because they might get scared when they play at a real field.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 PM #7
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
Understanding that the Rap4's will likely only break on the mask... Has anyone tried using the rap4 .43 cal paintballs with the kingman training line? Do they fire with less issue ... less breaks?

I'm looking at picking up a couple of 12gram pistols for some backyard style paintball. Something that I could use to share the fun of paintball with people who wouldn't normally play... maybe get them to goto a field and try the real thing.

The low cost, low pain, and close range make these perfect for it... however I'm fearful of in-marker paintball breaks ruining the fun for these new players. Using a firmer ball like the rap4 sounds like a good option ... just changing the game to more of an honor system like reballs.

My more expensive option is to just get more .68 cal Tiberius gear and chrono them down to 240-250 range. Honestly that's the direction I'm leaning, however I wanted to give the Kingmann training line a serious look first. Seeing as this seems to be what they are made for.

(The BT SA-17 could also be an option, due to cost but so far I have yet to see a very positive review. The TPX is close enough in price to the Tiberius line that I'd rather pay a little more and stick with the gear I've been running. )
With summer and higher humidity especially in the Illinois area, the Kingman Training .43 caliber paintballs will become more durable. Let it breathe and absorb some of the moisture from the air.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:23 PM #8
xiongsta_00

i have had experienced rap4 paintballs. i havent given the chance to shoot on my own equiptment like my vest...but i have shot it on my arm...12" or less and it broke on contact. i have just bought kingmans to see how it will work with my p99. if you say kingman breaks a lot, i have a bad feeling about it putting it into my p99. the spring tension in the clips are high. i will jus have to test it out for sure next week.
but then again, kingman .43 pistols ive seen only goes up to 260ish. my p99 can go way beyond that. got it to shoot 300+.
xiongsta_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM #9
MrPineapple
Its Mr. Pineapple Time

i just got a rap4 p226 sig and mets both are .43 and i had my friends shoot them at me (while wearing my regular painball gear) and almose every time it hit me in the chest and broke from 100ft distance

Dont tell me the Sky is the limit when we have footprints on the moon

SQUADALAAA!!!
MrPineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 PM #10
Noltez
Ψ

I just bought my Eraser and had 2 breaks out of the original 100 bottle. I don't know how many you're breaking but I've also heard the balls that come with the marker are junk, and that the bottles you'll buy next will be better.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM #11
freakmtl

i bought the gun from ebay, no paintballs were coming with it since it was used.
So i bought a fresh jar of 500 paintballs and i almost have a break on every clip.

i unscrew the velo to minimum but still I have a lot of break... is it the paint that is junk or am i doing something wrong?
freakmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 PM #12
CNYpaintballer

I ran about 100 rounds thru one before buying and it didn't break any. This was out of a a fresh 500 count bottle from kingman
CNYpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM #13
CNYpaintballer

I have a chaser but it is the same bolt. I got a chance this morning to go thru about 6 clips of the same bottle as above and even in the humidity I had no breaks. I even let the bottle sit outside to get used to the air and they still worked well.
CNYpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 PM #14
Noltez
Ψ

My 500rd bottle has had no chops after ~180. I think the original paint just sucks.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 AM #15
Dpx102

I have a ram p99 and a kingman chaser
Kingman paint sucks. Period
Ram paintball are much better. But if u get the ram paintball and us it with the chaser u will not get breakage on body. But I just bought the ram .43 cal grande paintballs and they work amazing with the the chaser. They are softer the. The regular ram paintballs but harder then The kinsman paintballs.

Btw. Ram p99 much better gun then the Chaser
Dpx102 is offline   Reply With Quote