Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM #1
KingSky
Moving Target

KingSky has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KingSky has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SP-1B (Bullpup) Project, NEED HELP

So for reasons unknown even to me, I am infatuated with the bullpup design of guns, and having designed and manufactured a slightly ghetto Bullup and magfed ION, I wanted to find a way to create a slightly more finished bullpup project, and then i saw the SP-1 and possibities started popping into my head:

Photobucket made the image tiny, but whatevs.

So basically my plan is to move the firing can into the stock and remove the stocks stem and fit it over the firing can, with the can upside down to enable a mag fed design using either a q-loader or t-68 magazine. I did something similiar with the ION, running Microline all over the place, but to be totally honest, im not exactly familier with the SP-1 setup, or with the Diameter of the Stock stem tube.

So what i need help with is for some gracious soul to be willing to pull the stem out of their stock and measure it's diameter, and measure the diameter of the firing can as well, or better yet, pull the can out and see if it fits into the stock. I know it's alot to ask, so if anyone knows if the SP-1 can has the same diameter as the ION, that will do as well.

Just looking to see if this is even possible before i invest in it. Thank you just for reading this!
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 AM #2
RogueShooter

The stock tube is smaller in diameter than the firing can, so that sort of puts a wrench in your gears right off the bat. Other than that, and having the extra 6 inches or so of tube in front of the threads, its the same dimensions and basic setup as an XE ion. The board is horizontal though, so that's also going to mess with any plans to use the firing can as a stock tube.

Honestly, I think you'd be better off making a custom body out of some sort of hardwood or (if you have access to a mill or some pretty serious carving/shaping tools) some sort of machinable plastic.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 AM #3
KingSky
Moving Target

KingSky has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KingSky has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was afraid of that. I think i may just find a way to encase the board in a cheek rest, and cannibalize the stock to fit, Don't spose you know how much smaller?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM #4
RogueShooter

I don't have the exact number since I sold off all my CAR stocks but I'm pretty sure its a fairly significant difference
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote