Old 05-03-2002, 12:18 AM #22
Booya39
STORK

Booya39 is a Supporting Member
Booya39 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Booya39 is a Professional paintball player
calling out

Unfortunately, there are lazy refs out there. If you're the last person alive, you SHOULD have a ref constantly watching you so you don't have to stop and check. Once the ref sees it break, he calls you out, you stop shooting, and walk off.

BUUUUUT, there are lazy refs, like at nationals... the old guy who was on field 1. He would stand on the sideline watching. People would call for a paintcheck and he would casually walk over or else just tell one of the other three refs to check the guy right in front of him. Sorry officiating only kills the spirit of the game.

I can say that the refs who were inside at MICT 7, we're NOT on top of the ball AT ALL. Like MooreSt8 said about the Purdue Gold vs MSU Green, it came down to a 1 on 1... What the hell were all the refs doing??? There were definitely more than two refs on the field. It then took the refs the player's whole jog down the field to check the guy. It took the last Purdue player calling out the hit on the MSU player for the refs to even notice it. Another hole in the reffing. And then they couldn't decide if it was a hit or not. The MSU player was by no means sitting down on the field, so how else would he get a hit on his left butt cheek??? I guess it just takes experience reffing and some kind of urge to get better.

That's my side of the story and I'm stickin' to it.

If you think school is hard, try being stupid.
Closed Thread