PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 PM #1
jay3303
West Covina/Covina

jay3303 supports Team VICIOUS
Question about splits

Ok so when I first started working out about 6 months ago I was a complete newb, didn't have a set workout schedule or anything. After a month I started getting it down and on my second month I had an ok little split going. But after 2 more months I realized I wasn't doin it right. I wasn't making the gains I wanted and my body wasn't changing at all, and it still hasn't too much. All I've do e is become a little stronger and put on 5 pounds.

Before I quit my gym membership I got my bf % measured, at the beginning I was at 20% bf. 2 weeks ago I was at 17 so I guess that went good. It also doesn't help that I lost my before picture lol. But anyways I got some weighs and stuff and now I am starting again at my house on my own time because I got lazy to drive to the gym but I feel like a complete newb again, I'm thinking about starting out on this split:
monday: chest/tris
wedsenday: back/bis
Friday: legs/shoulders.
Abs on tuesday and thursday along with cardio every day in the morning. Weekends are completely off though. Does this sound ok? Anything that you'd change? Oh and I am going to try and start a good diet plan also, while I was going to the gym I had a crap diet which in probably why I had such little gains so I'm going to try and start this.
I am 18, 5'8" 161lbs and I'd consider myself skinnyfat haha. Thanks in advance.

Tl;dr: just check out the split I'm thinking of doing and let me know if it's ok. The rest isn't important but I got carried away.
jay3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 PM #2
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw...&CJPID=3144536

Do that.

I'd just consider you fat.

Last edited by JackH : 06-20-2010 at 08:20 PM.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:43 PM #3
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Saved that. Also...that's a great thing about PT lol, you burn fat with all that dark-as-****-o-clock running and stuff.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 AM #4
jay3303
West Covina/Covina

jay3303 supports Team VICIOUS
Thanks, and I didn't mention before but I just want to lose fat for now, atleast until summers over. I just need to be fit for PT for the police here (not too rigorous, just a high amount of pushups, pull ups, situps, and a fast mile run)
thanks again, I'll definitely try that split, it sounds good.
jay3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM #5
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3303 View Post
Thanks, and I didn't mention before but I just want to lose fat for now, atleast until summers over. I just need to be fit for PT for the police here (not too rigorous, just a high amount of pushups, pull ups, situps, and a fast mile run)
thanks again, I'll definitely try that split, it sounds good.
Its prolly the best thing you can do for your goals.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote