Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM #1
cristinaaaron

Old pgp help

Got these and an old WGP automatic in a box with some masks and an old knife I wanted in a box at an auction for $25. I don't know much about this stuff.

I think these are both PGP marker guns. I think they are both about 10+ years old. Does anyone know how to find exact age?

First one is from Pursuit Marketing Inc of Northbrook IL. Serial Number is 0160x
There are no other markings on the gun.

Second one is from Sheridan. This is labelled as "P-series" and made in Racine WI. Serial number is D01755X. This is also labeled as ".68 cal paintball only".

The guns are slightly different in several regards. Does anyone have any more information on these. They both hold pressure well, but I didn't have any paintballs to shoot through them but I think they'd work as I dryshot them several times. Anything else I should be aware of before I try to sell them. What should I expect them to sell for?

Thanks for any help.

cristinaaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 03:53 PM #2
Pyrate Jim

You should ask at MCB, some of those guys know more that I do.

But, in the pic of both:
The one one the left is the older of the two, probably from around '82-'84.
PMI stood for "Pursuit Marketing Inc" and that's what they did, market products made by other companies. It's still made by Sheridan.

The one on the right was later, when Sheridan was marketing for themselves and probably from '85-'89 judging by the serial number.
They are essentially the same thing, very old PGPs and all the internals are identical.

The differences are in the back of the bolt and maintube cap. The bolt on the older one has a ridge to keep it from going too far forward, and the newer one has a bolt detent (the holes on the side of the barrel tube) to prevent it going backwards when firing.
The cap of the valve tube is flat on the older version, and slightly rounded in the newer models. (RVAs were not common until the 90s)

Value I would estimate at $50-75 each, maybe more to a collector since they are easily 20 years old.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

Last edited by Pyrate Jim : 05-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:34 PM #3
MrBig

has been a member for 10 years
The left one is the transitional model between the PG and the PGP. The larger back end of the bolt was for the PG model. The PG did not have a pump. It was considered a bolt action. Later a pump was added for easier cocking.

If you were to actually measure the ID of the barrel, the transition model should have a slightly larger ID. The bolts should not be interchangeable.
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:32 PM #4
tapsboy68

Ill buy one if you still got em
tapsboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:07 AM #5
peachesaretasty
Designated Designator

peachesaretasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesaretasty is for the Gunfight
Can we have pics of the WGP Auto?
Gogged. Streetlife. Mafioso. Innova. LIE. Ironlak.
peachesaretasty is offline   Reply With Quote