Community Focus

Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 PM #43
DM5 Beast
Cody Sears

DM5 Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DM5 Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DM5 Beast supports DLX Technology
Hey I know off topic but.....do the AFB's let you have your marker on base? Sorry if stupid question but I am still not operational, and I just assume you can because down at Lackland they were selling them at the BX
1 of 1 Brandon Short Tiger IM9
Dye DM14
Dye DM5
Past Markers: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3829419
DM5 Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 PM #44
mikesullivan21490

Annual Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 is a Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 supports our troops
mikesullivan21490 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Most bases require you to check them into the base armory. Now whether or not people actually do... is a different story.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM #45
DM5 Beast
Cody Sears

DM5 Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DM5 Beast supports DLX Technology
do u?
1 of 1 Brandon Short Tiger IM9
Dye DM14
Dye DM5
Past Markers: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3829419
DM5 Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 PM #46
mikesullivan21490

Annual Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 is a Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 supports our troops
mikesullivan21490 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I live in the dorms on base. My guns are in my gearbag in my closet. As long as its put away, most people dont care, and most people wont see it.

Its kinda like walking around town carrying a paintball gun. Many people havent seen one and are going to call the cops thinking you are walking around looking for someone to shoot. Now if your doing the same thing carrying it in a case... Problem solved
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM #47
doublejj24

doublejj24 is a Paintball photographer
doublejj24 plays in the PSP
doublejj24 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
doublejj24 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by $$AMONEY$$ View Post
Where is this team stationed at? What league do they play?
I believe it was the Air Force Academy and they played NCPA. I am trying to get in contact with the individuals who run the actual Air Force teams like soccer,football, and softball to try and get paintball associated.
Addiction Paintball - Abilene, TX
HK ARMY
Virtue
Empire
doublejj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM #48
doublejj24

doublejj24 is a Paintball photographer
doublejj24 plays in the PSP
doublejj24 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
doublejj24 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5 Beast View Post
Hey I know off topic but.....do the AFB's let you have your marker on base? Sorry if stupid question but I am still not operational, and I just assume you can because down at Lackland they were selling them at the BX
Base requirements is you check them into the armory. but if you were to put it in a bag and store it away then you should be alright. what will get you in trouble is cleaning it or having it out and about so a lot of eyes are on it. or the notorious get drunk and start shooting people with it. seen this happen with airsoft guns.
Addiction Paintball - Abilene, TX
HK ARMY
Virtue
Empire
doublejj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:00 PM #49
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejj24 View Post
I believe it was the Air Force Academy and they played NCPA. I am trying to get in contact with the individuals who run the actual Air Force teams like soccer,football, and softball to try and get paintball associated.
I spoke with some of those guys a few years back. They are not affiliated with the Air Force in that capacity
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 AM #50
ShadowGuy

ShadowGuy is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5 Beast View Post
I'm not sure why others are saying that you have to use the armory, that has not been my experience.

In tech school (goodfellow) they said this at first but after a bit of haggling changed their tune to just can't have air and balls in your room. I did get a 'talking to' for having everything in my room the day before move out when they did a HAWC inspection but explained why and nothing happened.

First base (kadena) they said everything but air could be stored in the dorm rooms. Here during an inspection I was asked why I had all my stuff in there (mainly asking about gun) and I told them that I was permitted to, so nothing happened. We actually had a field on base, about 8~9 months after I started playing there.

Now here (ft meade) I live in on-base housing and I keep everything in my house.

Basically, just ask your dorm manager and get permission from them. Also get permission from your direct supervisor. Just explain to them that you have to keep it clean, and you can't really do that with it sitting in your car/armory all the time. Then when others ask why, just remain calm and respectful, tell them you have permission from the proper people and you will be just fine.

Attitude is important, as is your prior history.
ShadowGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 AM #51
ShadowGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmoney07 View Post
Andrews AFB just built one....and needless to say its horrible. they only have bunkers that are smaller than 3 feet so its made for midgets. they are apparently working on a woodsball course, but who knows. ive also been told they're going to buy a new airball field but the current airball field is built on the worst terrain ever, they should fix that before buying a field...
Anyone else have experience with Andrew's on-base field? They said it won't open til middle-end of next month, and I was really hoping to use that as my main field to get back in the game.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 AM #52
Deathmoney07

Deathmoney07 plays in the PSP
Deathmoney07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathmoney07 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuy View Post
Anyone else have experience with Andrew's on-base field? They said it won't open til middle-end of next month, and I was really hoping to use that as my main field to get back in the game.
if by getting back in the game you mean xball? or just rec ball...? if you want xball you need to travel to PAP or OACC. personally i make the 60-90 minute drive to PAP every saturday and sunday. for rec ball im sure andrews will fit you just fine, and they are supposed to be building a woodsball field. im not sure of you have done so but conact the outdoor rec center which runs the field.
Deathmoney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM #53
ShadowGuy

Noooo woodsball...

X-Ball is definitely my favorite, haven't played it in at least 4 years though but I'll play basically any field that uses air bunkers. I don't really care what the specific name/layout is.

When I read the articles on AF news, it said they spent big money on speedball and that a woodsball wasn't planned until late 2010.

Have you played on it? Is it really that bad? Do you have pictures? Have you told them about your complaints?

That is a pretty long drive... do you guys ever carpool? My truck only gets 8~10 mpg and my wife won't let me be gone all day every sunday, since it's our only day together.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM #54
Trump Money
Goonies Never Say Die

Trump Money plays in the PSP
Trump Money plays in the APPA D4 division
Whoever asked about Bethel Park (Langley AFB) is a air field, decent, but there a better places around. Master Blasters in Chesapeake is a bit of a drive but good quality players and a store owned by the same people. As for markers in the dorm, just like they've said keep it hidden and you'll be fine. I lived in the dorms for 3 years and never had a problem.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:36 PM #55
CptObvious
2A755 / 2A753

CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump Money View Post
Whoever asked about Bethel Park (Langley AFB) is a air field, decent, but there a better places around. Master Blasters in Chesapeake is a bit of a drive but good quality players and a store owned by the same people. As for markers in the dorm, just like they've said keep it hidden and you'll be fine. I lived in the dorms for 3 years and never had a problem.
No vehicle at the moment since it was stolen from me at Nellis. I just need to get my fix in before I go to Guam for the summer.
Headbangers on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by: The Vest Guy || ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers || St!ffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
CptObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:05 AM #56
ChaosPhoenix
Captain; RagTag Renegades

There was an article in an Air Force newspaper about a week ago about the new field opening up on Andrews. It said they were opening up the woodsball field that weekend. Did anyone go out there last weekend or this weekend to check it out? I live on Bolling and am thinking about going to scope it out next weekend, but I do not want to go if it is not any good or has a low turnout.
"I bring forth not the rays from the sun, but the lightning bolts from Jupiter."
ChaosPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM #57
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Too bad I have 1 to many kids. I was looking into load master. Seemed like a cool job. I have worked indoors the last 7+ years and hate it. I had everything ready to go and had to get a waiver for my 3rd kid and they wouldn't let me join. Marines and Navy didn't want me because of how many kids I have either. But I could go Army, but I have to many friends that got screwed.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM #58
Airmanshelton
Shazz

Airmanshelton plays in the PSP
Airmanshelton plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydoody View Post
I believe Maxwell has one.

It's a terrible field; no one plays at it either.

Last edited by Airmanshelton : 06-03-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Airmanshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:31 AM #59
Pittpen

Annual Supporting Member
Pittpen is BST Trusted
Pittpen is playing at Living Legends VI
Pittpen supports Team VICIOUS
Pittpen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Davis-Monthan in Tucson has a field, but I hear its pretty bad. Haven't been on it yet myself tho
Pittpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:03 PM #60
CptObvious
2A755 / 2A753

CptObvious supports Bob Gurnsey
Anderson has one...albeit a small and ****ty one. I was all giddy when I got here and then immediately pissed off when I saw it. Plus the times it is open are retarded since it is in the heat of the day. 11-5...really. Gay. Brought my gear for nothing.
Headbangers on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by: The Vest Guy || ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers || St!ffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
CptObvious is offline   Reply With Quote