Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 AM #1
wnypaintball (Banned)

wnypaintball supports Cereal Killerz 2
wnypaintball is playing at Living Legends III
wnypaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
**** Which should I purchase: NINJA Reg or Guerilla Myth 2 Reg ****

Please everyone give me feedback on either of the Regs and help me make a decision. I am interested in both but need to make a decision. Please post your experience on either or both and if you have used both the pros and cons of each.

Thanks Nation for your help!
wnypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 AM #2
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie

BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
g.a. myth2. dont believe the people who tell you they suck, or they spike , or they blah blah blah.thats just negeative bandwagon hype. dont believe the people who tell you they suck because they are made in taiwan. taiwan is currently manufacturing some of the most precise quality components in the world right for the last 10 years. taiwan is a culture of people who take pride in thier work and employer just as comparable to japans ethic.

-easy maintenance (at least for me)
-reliable (50+ cases of paint and not a single fluctuation in consistancy or gun
problems)
-short (if its what you like)
-adjustable for comfort i really like how you can spin rotate the flange
-stupid simple (atleast for me)
-customer service is excellent (i dont thank anybody stands behind thier
product like dan. seriously. i think hed have a seizure if he saw a myth reg
about to drown or burn in a building fire)
-easy maintenace (stated once again)

i use ninja too , im not gonna knock it never had any problems. i just prefer the mythg2 and i think its the best reg to ever hit the market.

OH YA , LOVE THE FLUSH BURST DISCS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BOBBYTUCSON@DP : 06-09-2010 at 12:57 AM.
BOBBYTUCSON@DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 AM #3
paperchasin

paperchasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
also remember that the Myth2 is a Mid-pressure reg, vs fully adjustable reg of the Ninja...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 AM #4
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperchasin View Post
also remember that the Myth2 is a Mid-pressure reg, vs fully adjustable reg of the Ninja...
this is why we don't have VS thread. my following post is to get more details on this quote. ninja has all the shims in the regs already. adjusting shims will adjust the output.

Myth comes Mid pressure. Unless otherwise asked different when ordering the regulator. Keep in mind high and low pressure kits are available. but must be purchased separately after the initial purchase of the reg.

summary, it's basically a Ford Vs Chevy thing.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM #5
wnypaintball (Banned)

bronze I agree with you on most things but I really like the feedback for this type of question that I am not a band wagon fan ever. If a company comes out with a better product then what I have I will switch in a heart beat. That's just smart paintball lol. Hence the reason when we played nppl a few years back I never wanted to be sponsored.

Please keep the feedback and opinions coming in. Just keep it open minded and no bashing other companies please. If you only use one or the other let me know what you like about what you do use.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:09 PM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Price wise the Ninja wins. You're looking at either the regular version or ultra light version of the ninja regs for half the price of a G2 reg. The other factor that Bronze already mentioned is that Ninjas come HP output but by removing one or two red shims you can make it MP or LP output. The G2 needs separately purchased pistons/springs. So affordability and such Ninja is ahead.
Weight and length the G2 is going to win but that's debatable as far as the length. Some people have found that they either need to pull their asa back or buy reg extenders so the G2 can screw in all the way so the gauge doesn't hit the bottom of the grip frame. If you're on the reg extender side of the spectrum I personally think it kind of defeats one of the selling points of the G2; the short length. If you need to pull your asa back a little bit, that's not a big thing. The other thing is the ability to turn the threading on the G2 and position the reg where you want it. You just have to make sure it's secure and tight, from the tech thread it can loosen up and cause a slow leak if not secure. Not a big thing by any means.
It's really up to you though in the end. Look around the fields, see what people are using, ask their thoughts, read the posts, etc. I just got my ninja reg in today and I can tell you just from a reg swap from my old crossfire there is a noticeable difference in weight already.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:44 AM #7
paperchasin

paperchasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronze View Post
this is why we don't have VS thread. my following post is to get more details on this quote. ninja has all the shims in the regs already. adjusting shims will adjust the output.

Myth comes Mid pressure. Unless otherwise asked different when ordering the regulator. Keep in mind high and low pressure kits are available. but must be purchased separately after the initial purchase of the reg.

summary, it's basically a Ford Vs Chevy thing.
My statement was not intended to be a "vs" thing nor was it an opinion; I was merely stating factual differences between the 2 regulators. This difference might be an important factor for potential buyers. And to call someone out about "vs" threads and end your statement with a "vs" is highly hypocritical.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 AM #8
wnypaintball (Banned)

paperchasin just so you know I did not take offense to the comment and I appreciate your feedback it is exactly what I was looking for. When these types of questions are asked you truly get passionate answers and find out peoples loves for the item and dislikes. So again I appreciate every ones feedback, please keep it coming.

The big reason I am asking is I have well over 20 tanks that I want to put new regs on and sell. So I want to get a feel for weather I will deck them all out with the same reg or if I am going to give people an option when they buy the tank. Please feel free to add feedback about this as well.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:26 AM #9
52split

Yeah, these threads that turn into "VS" wars just gets old. The fanboys start bashing one company or the next. I say ask the players at your local fields and see what they like, and why they do.

I have a GA tank and the tank never let me down. Regardless of what some punk tests say, the reg does not have any performance issues and keeps up just fine no matter what the circumstances are.

Their customer service is also top notch. The only thing that I would change in the reg is actually to make it about a half inch longer (yes, I said LONGER!). It's so short already that an extra 1/2" length would still make it the shortest reg out there (even when compared to the Crossfire SS tank - yes, I had that one as well, see my SIZE comparison pics). On my Luxe the Myth G2 hits the frame, so I must use a Macdev asa extender to make it work. The adjustable bonnet feature is very nice! I also like how the fill nipple is 180 degrees from the gauge, as opposed to the industry standard 90 degree placement.

Again, great tank, great reg, and great customer service.

Now for Ninja, not as short as the Myth G2, but it will not have any clearance issues with any marker. The reg is very user friendly, and Ninja as well has top notch customer service! Ninja's adjustment clips are also a great feature to allow the user in choosing gauge and fill nipple location.

To sum it all up, you will not go wrong with either one of these regs. I believe both of these bottles are the sexiest looking bottles as well (I know, you asked about regs specifically, but had to comment on the bottles). Many semi-pro and pro teams use both of these tanks/regs, so that should speak volumes.

Here are some short clips of my tanks that I have personally used. No third hand information here, my experiences with all of these tanks. PM me if you want more reasons for my tank/reg "of choice."

Here is a short clip of my Ninja 68/4500 in action.

Crossfire SS 68/4500 in action.

Guerrilla Air Myth G2 in action.

Last edited by 52split : 06-10-2010 at 05:45 AM.
52split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 PM #10
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you're looking to flip some tanks I would perhaps consider a mix of Ninja, GA, and Crossfires SS reg if you have the money for it. Though I think Ninja would still end up being the cheaper of the three overall, I think a mix would perhaps give you a wider draw as far as customers.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote