Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2010, 10:18 PM #1
Re1ko

Question Evil Omen Hammer

So i haven't played paintball in a few years and was trying to tune my omen. I couldn't get it to work right and figured out that the hammer was broken.
I have been unable to find a replacement anywhere on the net and can't get a hold of anyone at Kee Action.
So i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get one or some way to fix it.
Thanks
Re1ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM #2
Deadpool87

If you can't find the part through KEE/Boss Paintball Products then you are unable to get it from them cause they no longer produce the marker. Atleast that is what I was informed of when I contacted them about finding a recock pressure screw. Best bet to fix it would be buy a broken or cheaper omen that has solid internals that you could swap for.
Deadpool87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 PM #3
Sinkhole
Rag Tag Mercenaries

Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Yeah and we all were under the impression that the marker had a lifetime warranty when we bought them. lol
Old 06-07-2010, 11:16 PM #4
Re1ko

Thats what i didn't want to hear but thanks for the help. I haven't been able to get a hold of Kee, has anyone else had that problem?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 PM #5
Deadpool87

They took about a week to reply to me, if I remember right. I was disappointed. I love my omen. Shoots amazingly, but I lost the recock screw, and I just havn't scoured the forums to attempt to find a broken one for cheap to replace it. Could use a CAM feed spring aswell.

I almost shed tears when they shot me down
Deadpool87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 AM #6
Re1ko

Ok so my next question is how far does the hammer stick out? Might see about getting a new piece made.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:50 AM #7
pbking316
Evil Wins

has been a member for 10 years
I know this is an old post but i think this is useful info.

The hammer pin does not stick out at all it rests flush (flat) with the front surface of the hammer carrier. Another very important part is the sear plate (thing that catches the sear).

I've broken 3 hammer tips in my omens i'm pretty sure its caused by too high recock pressure. I've also broken 1 or 2 sear plates. I think if another hammer was custom made for a replacement is should be one piece, i see no reason for the 2 piece design, it is a weak point in the omen. Also the 2.0 hammer is designed slightly differnt to prevent broken tips, they are inter-changeable tho.

One of my omens is running a titanium hammer made by dark horizon years ago. i have 1 of 2 made. a guy Daveczrn i think was his sn had the other. these were beta tested buy me and him and were never produced due to low demand. Mine was not perfect i rounded some of the edges near the searplate with a dremel to help with wear i was having. After i broke the stock hammer tip the Ti hammer has preformed amazingly for years. I use my Titanium hammer'd omen whenever i have to empty an air tank, its also my omen with 15bps ramping and full auto so it gets the job done lol. I've put the hammer thru ALOT of abuse and i think the Titianium hammer will never have the broken tip that the stainless steel hammers suffer from. If somone ever has a machine shop make a hammer get one made in TI for durability and i would get a one piece hammer with a sear plate. This would probably be costly due to the cost of raw titanium a machine shop would need.

The recock screw is another part often lost or striped. A guy on pbn in this forum makes one for the 2.0 omen and they are great. one problem i experienced when changing a recock screw is that it may not thread into the valve if you previously removed your valve. you can successfully change the recock by removing the gripframe and lossening the brass retaining screw on the valve then tweak the valve for proper alignment of the recock screw.
Also 1st gen omens use a different recock screw than the 2.0 omen. 1gen screws could also be easily made.

I'm very diasappointed with KEE for not maintaining the lifetime warranty of Evil products. This is the reason i purchased my 1st evil omen and continued to support evil for years. Evil customer service was top notch.

I actually beleive the detonator reg is simply the best performing reg ever produced and i can say the same for the pipe kit barrel. I literally use them, to this day, on every marker i personally use. Also the scion adjustable tank reg rocks for consitancy and recharge but i do like the new crossfire mini regs, i got one on an evil tank.

No gun since the omen has come close to the feel of shooting an omen. Playing with the omen is just an experience i never wanna lose. I will always have my omen and my back up omen in my collection. The omen is simply irreplaceable. Sure it lacks monetary value, replacement parts, and recognition. Yes replacement parts is an issue, however the lack of value makes finding replacement parts easy on ebay or the forums. I could care less about my guns value or recognition from other players. I like people thinking i'm shooting somekinda cocker and asking me what kind of gun i have after i dominate them and their high-end guns. I'm not an EGO owner and never will be. To me the omen does everything and more. Its the forgotten underdog. People don't fear playing me b/c of my gun, they fear me after the fact.

Sorry for the long-*** post kinda went on a rant. I just love the omen that much
pbking316 is offline   Reply With Quote