Community Focus

Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 PM #1
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
t8.1 vs t9.1 accuracy and range

just as the title says, which has better accuracy and range using both regular paint and First Strike, just need to know, are they the same or is one better etc etc etc. thanks guys

Tippmann TIPX, Lapco Front Block, MRT BK Bolt, Remote Adapter, Hammerhead 8.15" Rifled Barrel, 3 Zeta Mags, 4 Stock Mags.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2010, 11:51 PM #2
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtpbmasta View Post
just as the title says, which has better accuracy and range using both regular paint and First Strike, just need to know, are they the same or is one better etc etc etc. thanks guys
I've regularly started using a T9.1 CQB and a T8. Here's some quick thoughts:

Using regular paintballs (both at 280fps) I can hit the same target using either the 8 or the 9.1 CQB. They are the same firing system, the same initial barrel lengths, the same regulators. The 9.1 is just a pistol with barrel extensions, and rails for accessories and optics. The real difference is the shooting positions... which will be determined by your play style.

Using the T9.1 CQB and a Red dot sight I take a split second longer than the T8 to acquire and sight the target. However the red dot sighting gives greater confidence. Then with the help of the stock, I'm able to steady the 9.1's shot for longer ranges.

Using the T8 is more instinctive. I pull of the rounds much quicker then with the CQB. I simply point and shoot, and steady with a second hand if I have the time or if it's a longer range shot.

What this has lead to is that I enjoy using the CQB and FS rounds for the woods where the pace is slower and I can take more time to line up shots. And I use the T8 for speedball style games, where quick movement and quicker shots make all the difference.

My advice.... if you can swing it get the T9.1 CQB or the T9.1 Ranger. Depending on your mood, you can strip off the accessories on them and use them just as a pistol. Giving you the best of both worlds. If you can only swing an 8.1 right now, ask yourself this.... Do you want to use optics? Red Dots, or magnifying scopes? If "yes", then you need to save up for the 9.1. If you just want to try out the first strike rounds, limited paint play, and the joy of slamming in a magazine; then the 8.1 is inexpensive entry. The two markers themselves have the same "accuracy" and range, they only differ in the play style.

Hope this helps.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.

Last edited by voodooaddict : 06-06-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Late night post cleanup ... spelling ect.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote