PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM #1
kidikaze (Banned)
Mikes Paintball

Odd velocity issue with a Blazer

We are trying to get a Blazer up to stuff, but have had nothing but little problems with it left and right. All little stuff. Latest problem is the velocity. It averages around 180 FPS. Serial number is 205 or so, and it has a Palmers Stab reg (I might not be totally right with this, just what I was told). The Stab has been adjusted, and it won't go over 200 FPS, and the side of the body reg, or whatever that it is, won't turn at all. We have been using a Crossfire low pressure tank with it, will it maybe work better with CO2 or a high pressure tank? Any other ideas?
kidikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 PM #2
Cue'D
Timing is Everything!

I wouldn't use a lp tank. blazers are meant to run on CO2 or hp. I think PPS tells you to set the reg to like 400 psi, it on the official site (thats not sweet spotting the gun of course) Just get yourself an hp tank and I think you will be good to go.
Utah's Paintball Forum
Cue'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 PM #3
Daliz

The reg on the body is the LPR, and it's adjusted from the front not the back screw. But before anything else, undo any adjustment you have done and try a HP tank or Co2.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:57 AM #4
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
if you don't know how to adjust a blazer it's best just to send it in to PPS for a service, especially since the serial number is so low (205) i would suggest sending it in to replace all the seals inside...old, faulty, and possibly melted seals inside the gun are more than likely the problem. that being said...

for a blazer you should only use HP air or CO2...LP will give you odd results sometimes, especially symptoms with re-cocking and low velocity.

if it's a standard stabilizer (most are) then when the adjustment screw is flush with the bottom of the reg cap it should be around 400psi output...this should be sufficient to power the marker at velocity. the stabilizer may need a re-build depending on age and use. do this by taking out the adjustment screw on the bottom, removing the cap with a nickel or quarter, taking out the flat spacer, spring, and plunger. replace the o-ring with a -112 and oil with standard gun oil. replace everything the same way it came out and it should be good. if the reg spikes, there is a leak in the -010 o-ring or valve seal at the top of the reg which can be accessed the same way with the addition of a deep socket for the reg head screw.

as for the LPR on the right side of the gun (looking from the back)...this should never be adjusted as long as the marker is cocking properly. so many people cause issues with their guns by screwing with the setting on this part. the rear cap on the back side of the marker is loc-tited in place and should never be moved by the end-user, the adjustment screw is in the front, this adjusts the cocking pressure the same as a LPR on a cocker, it should be flush or maybe one or 2 turns in at the most to make the gun re-cock properly.

if you're still having issues with it after rebuilding the reg and re-setting the LPR, call PPS and ask a tech for assistance.
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM #5
kidikaze (Banned)
Mikes Paintball

Thanks FirePro84. Great advice. When we got the Blazer, we were told that it had been in to PPS recently to be rebuilt. With the Blazer was a small baggie filled with the old o-rings and such. Shortly after getting it, shooting it and realizing how smooth it was, the bolt pin broke. So we sent in the bolt to get a new pin. Upon return, the bolt didn't seem to want to fit into the P-block (Is that right?). We called up PPS again, and learned that the bolt pin had been made bigger, and as a result, a new P-block had been made. When the Blazer was in recently for tech work, we had been told that it most likely had not been switched with the bigger bolt pin and P-block. So we ordered a new P-block. Tried to install the new block, and wasn't able to do this. Noticed that there were some things that were a bit odd with the whole set up. So we sent in the whole Blazer for them to put it together. They did so, and returned it. We worked on the velocity, but now we have the velocity issue.

So this is where we are now. Sounds like using a high pressure output HPA tank, or CO2 are the way to go.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM #6
kidikaze (Banned)
Mikes Paintball

Okay, so changed to a Crossfire high pressure reg on the tank, and it was consistently in the 260's, +/- 2 FPS. The Palmers reg was dialed in all the way, and we couldn't get it any higher. I imagine that if we used an underbored barrel, it would net us up to about 10 FPS, but even that isn't as high as we would like. Shooting mid 280's is where we want it shooting.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 PM #7
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

PPS reg is turned in all the way? You're putting too much pressure behind the valve making it harder for the hammer to open. You need to find the sweetspot.

Back the reg out. You want to feed it about 400psi