Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 PM #1
Jabawak14

Need Team Advice!

I'm 14 years old and I play at my local field almost every weekend and starting this summer I can play Wed-Sun. Most of the people there are either private parties or Walk-ons who have never played before. I am interested in getting into competitive paintball but I have had no luck finding or even hearing about a team. I was thinking on maybe trying to start my own Young Gunz team but I havn't decided. Please leave some comments I could use the advice
Jabawak14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2010, 05:01 PM #2
Matty Dye
~ Steady Based ~

Matty Dye posts videos on PbNation
If you want to start your own team, go for it. No one's holding you back, man.
Matty Dye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 PM #3
Jabawak14

Yeah, do you have any tips on starting one....I can work on the funding just im not sure what to do, help?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:23 PM #4
Matty Dye
~ Steady Based ~

Matty Dye posts videos on PbNation
It's simple, really.

Get some players.
Have practices.
Have fun.

Once you've done that and get a lot better, you can move on to bigger and better tournaments.

Hope I helped.
Matty Dye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 PM #5
DYNASTYxPRO
i love paintball

DYNASTYxPRO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DYNASTYxPRO supports Team VICIOUS
DYNASTYxPRO posts videos on PbNation
Alright. do you play speedball? make sure you are confident and your gun at shoots at least 10 bps and doesn't go down every 5 seconds. Once you got that settled. Be friendly and talk to a lot of people. Get your self known. Like
" hey I know that kid!" Ask people if they wanna make a team. or just make a team and say " i am on a team, I wanna do yung gunz, any one want in? A lot of kids want in belive me!!!!" then practice a lot with them. Decide who plays what. dont be scared to refuse someone. Just cuz they are ur friends dont let them on team. Have reliable players with gear that s decent and make sure they are on check financialy and can make it to pratice. Then start scrimmaging other teams. DOnt matter what division ( dont be going against pro though lol theres a limit!) so once you have grown as a team and are comfortable with each other then if you have enough money and you think you are ready then sign up and do it!!!!! 10th place? try again!!!! hope i helped
DYNASTYxPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 PM #6
Jabawak14

I use a Dye DM 4 with a DM 7 virtue board. I only play speed ball (occasionally ill play woodball if im with some friends who havnt played) im not sure how to check the bps, so if u could tell me how to do that it'd be great. Btw is walk on speed ball a bad way to practice?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 AM #7
DYNASTYxPRO
i love paintball

DYNASTYxPRO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DYNASTYxPRO supports Team VICIOUS
DYNASTYxPRO posts videos on PbNation
you're fine with set up. not sure on bps on DM's but look at virtue board manual. and practicing walk ons is not bad way to practice. When you start your team make sure you drill and scrimmage other teams. It will make you way better.
DYNASTYxPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 PM #8
Jabawak14

ok thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 04:36 PM #9
eruffini
Black Phoenix Officer

Annual Supporting Member
eruffini is BST Trusted
eruffini owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
eruffini supports our troops
eruffini has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
eruffini supports Empire
The first thing I tell players that ask about being on or starting a team is to be committed. Without committment you will not be able to progress!

The best way for you to start a team is to continue playing at the same field. Get to know the regulars who show up often. Communicate with them! They might very well be the same walk-ons and rental players that you see, but don't discount them. You don't know if they are interested in a team as well. By talking to them and getting to know them, you can start exchanging information and arranging days to play together. You don't have to be friends with them at first, just friendly. Over time your interest in a team might pay off with the regulars.

You can also look into posting a flyer or two at the field for a young guns team, but with the owners permission of course. You would be surprised how many could possibly be interested in a team. If you find enough people that are interested, have a mini tryout. Don't judge them based on their skill at first. Look at their sportsmanship and their attitudes. If they can't be trusted or are poor sportsmen, then their skills are not worth anything.

I would have to say that you should put together some sort of plan for the team. Don't worry so much about cool things like uniforms or even the names. Get to know the players you want to or have recruited. Then, as a team, form an identity based around your team name. Plan out practices and events. Talk to your parents about how they may be able to help if you're serious about this.

In the end of it all, the worst that can happen is that you don't make the team you wanted to, but never give up.
eruffini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM #10
Jabawak14

Ok, do you have any tips on how to start a mini tryout at my local field?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:55 PM #11
eruffini
Black Phoenix Officer

Annual Supporting Member
eruffini is BST Trusted
eruffini supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabawak14 View Post
Ok, do you have any tips on how to start a mini tryout at my local field?
Well, first you would need people that are interested in a team with you.

Have the players play on the same side of you. Watch how they move, shoot, and communicate. Listen to the things they say and the attitudes they have.

If they are people you think you can play with, sit down and talk to them to see if you can't work out putting a team together.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM #12
Jabawak14

Should i also ask my friends if they want to join? Also if i got a couple guys to play with should we just play agaisnt walk ons?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 PM #13
eruffini
Black Phoenix Officer

Annual Supporting Member
eruffini is BST Trusted
eruffini supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabawak14 View Post
Should i also ask my friends if they want to join? Also if i got a couple guys to play with should we just play agaisnt walk ons?
You can, sure!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 PM #14
BrendanK

BrendanK owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Me and my friends made a team and we played every wensday at our local indoor. we played anyone who wanted it just to get us better. we even played blunt riders. we would get our ***** handed to us but still we tried. We played this one team and skunked them and they were all good. just work at it bro. im still playing youngguns and im 16. Dont back down to anyone. There is a limit of who to play but play a pro team atleast once. you could win never know haha but never try and play people worse it wont help. my friends loved it i mean its fun winning but not gunna improve your skills. this should hopefully help you out
BrendanK is offline   Reply With Quote