Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 PM #1
Locat0r (Banned)

Smile Magic Jack (Free) 30-day trial

Those commercials advertising cheap voice-over-IP (VoIP) phone rates look appealing, but there's always some fine print: You have to switch cable-TV providers, install a VoIP-smart Internet router, or something. And you end up ticked once a month when the bill from MCI, Verizon, or some other telecom robber baron dips into your wallet. If this sounds like your bio, the YMax magicJack is for you: 2 minutes of setup, voice quality that's almost indistinguishable from a straight analog POTS line, and a cost of just under $20 a year for unlimited nationwide service. When I was testing it in December 2007, the service offered phone numbers in about 90 percent of the country. International calling wasn't available at test time, though it should be in the next few months. Pricing will be determined based upon phone rates at that time, though YMax says its mandate is to make international calling cheaper than any rate you can get with
either Skype or Vonage.

Bottom Line, it's so simple it's almost perfect, the magicJack is the best home voice-over-IP gadget I've seen to date. Excellent call quality, a workable set of calling features, and an amazing price make this little box the VoIP wonder to beat.
Pros are: It's got a nice price. Good set of calling features. Softphone capability included. Simple enough to be idiot-proof.

Cons I've found are: It has only one line (and phone number) per magicJack for now. No Linux drivers.

When I read this, I made my decision to try it out. It's just like a phone - if the lines or down, it's broke or the power is out it won't work. I mainly want it because home phone service is more expensive, skype won't give me a cheap portable phone (by allowing me to use the ones I already own) and I'll use it when I don't want to use or can't use my cellular phone.

YES! 911 Emergency Services works with magicJack.

In an emergency, Dial 9-1-1.

NOTE: magicJack may not work during a power or internet outage.

Dialing 9-1-1 IS subject to the limitations of the 911 emergency response system where your registered address is located.

If you want the free trial for 30 days, here ya go:

http://freetrial4you.com/x/0/887/1915/
Locat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM #2
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
I don't like magic.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM #3
ATL NINJA
I like you-I like sex

ATL NINJA is a Supporting Member
Anyone care for a spam sandwich?
"We do not rule out that Mr. Cohen is serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way. We reserve the right to any legal action to prevent new pranks of the kind. We view Mr. Cohen's behaviour at the MTV Europe Music Awards as utterly unacceptable, being a concoction of bad taste and ill manners which is completely incompatible with ethics and civilized behaviour."-Yerzhan Ashykbayev, Kazakh Foreign Ministry Spokesman

FREE FLESH
ATL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:02 PM #4
DeathAndTaxes12
Nothing certain

DeathAndTaxes12 helped look for balloons
DeathAndTaxes12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DeathAndTaxes12 supports Team VICIOUS
DeathAndTaxes12 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL NINJA View Post
Anyone care for a spam sandwich?