PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 AM #1
BJYourk
The rippin' and tearin'

08 Indy

I'm presently an exclusive AKA shooter but have always been intrigued by the Alien. Looking at trading one of my Vikes for an 08 Indy. Now, I have heard there were some issues with this year of the Indy line..any truth to this? Would I be more advised to p/u an 09 Indy instead?(OBJECTIVE answer here is prefered )

* Just found the thread a ways down similar to my question. What were the issues the 08's had?

Last edited by BJYourk : 05-16-2010 at 06:59 AM.
BJYourk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 AM #2
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
It was a transition year.
The Interceptor and Remains were similar, simple bodies with prints done by the shop that made the guns (Mr Two-Tenths). The '08 prints were done by a different person and then produce somewhere else. As it turned out the prints were not great and the shop tried to get the parts done quickly. Not a good "marriage" so some guns were very good and some were not as good. Unfortunately because of this the '08's have not kept their value as well. Consequently the only ones players are usually wanting to sell are the ones that aren't as good.
The '08 were mostly different from the Remains in looks. Same ram setup - same higher pressure LPR. '08 was a big year as it moved Alien from a slightly odd looking gun to good looking gun. It had the integrated feed neck, the SofTouch bolt, went to the SMC midyear and also was the end of the more vertical grip frames - the 85's.
'09 is where the changes we did in '08 all showed up. The rammer out the back, the higher flowing hose, the higher flowing In-line reg with the bigger seal in the piston instead of in the adjuster in the lower body, the integrated in-line reg mount.
We can get '08's back into shape - but some of them we have swapped out for a trade of a Remains or given a discount for a newer INDY
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM #3
BJYourk
The rippin' and tearin'

Thank you sir...and from the Big Cheese himself!
Old 05-29-2010, 02:47 AM #4
Hel_Bound

Here's a question, I'm on the market for a tournament new gun. I've been around and have owned a number of guns, I used to make a living as a certified tech a few years back at that. I'm tired of battling with my current hybrid sft shocker I just can't handle the poor reliability anymore and I'm looking at the 08 Indy w/ mayday kit what with the price drop.

Now the site says the 08's are mounted with the 85degree grip frames but I've read a few articles stating they used to ship with the 85 grip mounted and a 2nd 45 grip in the box. Is this still the case? I never was a huge fan of the angel 90 or the BL Z grip. Further more, Jack is it possible to have you guys air up and check out the 08' before its shipped out? I understand from your previous post where were some machining issues with a few of them.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:58 AM #5
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
If you want reliability I wouldn't mess with an 08 period. I don't think alien has any left for sale so you'd have to pick up a used one and then send it in to be overhauled........not really worth it. Pick up a used 09 or 10 and you'll be much much happier.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:29 PM #6
BJYourk
The rippin' and tearin'

I was told the same by a VERY reliable source close to the Alien camp.....

Hold out for an 09 or 10.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:33 AM #7
Hel_Bound

Hmm well that settles that. I've heard the same notions floating around but now its concrete. Thanks for the input guys perhaps I'll hold out for 09' or 10!