Community Focus

Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM #22
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtramplefoot View Post
heres an idea

you= an idiot

the phone i can afford its free after rebate its the bull**** $30 a month i cant afford, im a kid in high school, i dont need the internet on my phone
lol..

So you try to look like a G with an iphone, or some stupid other smart phone

someone asks "hey goof, use your iphone to find X"

you - "oh sorry bra, got nah data"

As for the college argument, A) Living in dorms is for squares, and B) what, you never leave campus?

I live in Canada where the phone plans are wayyy more expensive than the states and i only pay $65 per month with unlimited data and a good calling plan..

Last edited by Absolutt : 05-26-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 10:24 PM #23
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob owner View Post
I worked for AT&T Customer care no matter what route you try taking eventually it will get added on. Their system automatically adds the data plan on their as soon as they pull the IMEI and it's a smartphone or a iphone. Expecially iphones their is no way in gods green earth, the only way is if you had a smartphone exclusion added to the account in the past before they were mandatory. If not your **** out of luck, unlock it and go with another carrier if you don't want the data plan only way sorry.
Actually when I called customer service they allowed me to hand down my iphone 3g to my sister and put a data block on the line. We have had the iphone on this line for five months and it's still working without the data plan.

I personally am considering not renewing my data plan when the contract runs out on my phone. It is practically a worthless expense because nearly everywhere I use data I have wifi, not always ,(maps while I'm on the road sometimes), but usually I never use data where wifi isn't available.

$30 a month can really be a pain when your not making good use of it.

Quote:
heres an idea

you= an idiot

the phone i can afford its free after rebate its the bull**** $30 a month i cant afford, im a kid in high school, i dont need the internet on my phone
"You = idiot" will get you nowhere. That phone isn't free either. It's subsidized with the data plan. It probably costs something north of $600 unsubsidized. If you want a good unsubsidized smart phone you're going to have to fork over at least $400. I'm guessing you're not willing to spend that much. Given you aren't willing to pay that much for a phone disregard everything I said earlier. Buy a cheap multimedia (no data required) phone and be happy with it.

As for multimedia phones I highly recommend the samsung eternity. It is the closest thing you can buy to a smart phone from att without a data plan required to subsidize it. It has a standard head phone jack so you can use it as an ipod and it costs very little to buy outright on ebay without a new contract. Also, it is only $15-20 for a data plan on that phone if you want to add it later.

The new version of this phone called the samsung mythic. You can buy it at your local att store if you are upgrade eligible.

Last edited by download00502 : 05-26-2010 at 11:19 PM.
download00502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:58 AM #24
Marko34256

has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutt View Post
lol..

As for the college argument, A) Living in dorms is for squares, and B) what, you never leave campus?

I live in Canada where the phone plans are wayyy more expensive than the states and i only pay $65 per month with unlimited data and a good calling plan..
i go to college, live off campus and i literally have wifi 95% of the time.

not everyone is a trust fund baby--get over yourself.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:06 AM #25
Laius
OBEY THE MAY

He's not, either. He just acts like it.
Laius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:58 AM #26
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

mrtramplefoot supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob owner View Post
I worked for AT&T Customer care no matter what route you try taking eventually it will get added on. Their system automatically adds the data plan on their as soon as they pull the IMEI and it's a smartphone or a iphone. Expecially iphones their is no way in gods green earth, the only way is if you had a smartphone exclusion added to the account in the past before they were mandatory. If not your **** out of luck, unlock it and go with another carrier if you don't want the data plan only way sorry.
wait are you saying that i could say that i had a smartphone without data before and i should be able to again(I did have a blackjack before without data)

"Originally posted by Ziya92: Apple in all their creativity could have chosen, at the very least, a flavorful cultivar such as the Blenheim Orange. "

"Originally posted by {InsertUsernameHere}: lol france."
mrtramplefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 AM #27
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

And ironically i already have a samsung eternity and am not all that pleased anymore

"Originally posted by Ziya92: Apple in all their creativity could have chosen, at the very least, a flavorful cultivar such as the Blenheim Orange. "

Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 AM #28
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
And ironically i already have a samsung eternity and am not all that pleased anymore
The htc pure won't be that much different and why would you want windows mobile anyway.

I don't know what you're willing to pay so I'll assume not much, maybe $200.
With that you could get a used iphone 2g, android phone or a low end blackberry.

Android powered HTC mytouch 3g (HTC Magic)
(It doesn't have a 3.5mm head phone jack you would need an adapter to use standard headphones)

Blackberry Bold

Iphone first generation 8gb

Quote:
oh and i cant put a data block on it cuz i have txting and they wont let you
Actually you can put a data block on a phone line and still use text messaging.

Last edited by download00502 : 05-27-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM #29
Thor06

Thor06 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko34256 View Post
i go to college, live off campus and i literally have wifi 95% of the time.

not everyone is a trust fund baby--get over yourself.
Just wondering where you go to basically always have wifi. The only time I ever have wifi is in my room, or maybe a random fast food place or something.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:32 AM #30
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wireless router where i live off campus
wifi all over campus
and pretty much every bar/restaurant has wifi in the downtown area.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 PM #31
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutt View Post
lol..

I see it more like this.
*connects to wireless network*
you - "ok here it is, and I didn't even have to spend $30 a month!"

Not to mention I could spend $5 and get a 10MB or whatever the **** plan to just cover the times I am out of wifi area and I need my to use my phone.

Do you not have wireless internet in your off campus housing? There are about 30 wireless networks I can see from right here in my apartment.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:25 PM #32
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by download00502 View Post
The htc pure won't be that much different and why would you want windows mobile anyway.

I don't know what you're willing to pay so I'll assume not much, maybe $200.
With that you could get a used iphone 2g, android phone or a low end blackberry.

Android powered HTC mytouch 3g (HTC Magic)
(It doesn't have a 3.5mm head phone jack you would need an adapter to use standard headphones)

Blackberry Bold

Iphone first generation 8gb

Actually you can put a data block on a phone line and still use text messaging.
Not really looking to spend any money, its free after rebate with a new two year plan

Old 05-27-2010, 02:27 PM #33
paintballbum
.ılıl.

paintballbum is a Supporting Member
Quote:
thats not ironic at all
paintballbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:31 PM #34
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
Not really looking to spend any money, its free after rebate with a new two year plan
Quote:
That phone isn't free. It's subsidized with the data plan. It probably costs something north of $600 unsubsidized.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM #35
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

actually to outright buy it its $350 but the internet plan does not have a two year contract directly connected to it just cuz you bought that phone. I could get it and immediately switch phones and only pay one month of internet. Thats the whole point of trying to find a way to not have to get the data plan because I could get the phone for FREE

Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM #36
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
actually to outright buy it its $350 but the internet plan does not have a two year contract directly connected to it just cuz you bought that phone. I could get it and immediately switch phones and only pay one month of internet. Thats the whole point of trying to find a way to not have to get the data plan because I could get the phone for FREE
Part of the two year commitment is your commitment to keep the data plan. Once you finish your two years you agreed to, you can remove the data, but not before then. Even if it is only $350 or whatever to buy it outright, att will extend your contract 2 years, require you to agree to a data plan and still get that subsidy money, (and then some), from you, regardless. Unless you buy the phone from an outside source you will be paying $30 a month extra for data, period.

Last edited by download00502 : 05-27-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:54 PM #37
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

Quote:
Part of the two year commitment is your commitment to keep the data plan. Once you finish your two years you agreed to, you can remove the data, but not before then.
That statement is 100% wrong if I got that phone I could walk out the door, switch back to my eternity and just pay for a month.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 PM #38
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
That statement is 100% wrong if I got that phone I could walk out the door, switch back to my eternity and just pay for a month.
Then what's holding you back, buy it!

You've been warned.

edit: I know this is impossible because I have tried it and I can prove it. Wait about an hour. I'll put my iphone sim in my brothers eternity and online it will show the iphone data plan greyed out and won't be changeable.

Last edited by download00502 : 05-27-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM #39
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

Quote:
Then what's holding you back, buy it!

You've been warned.
because i want to use it

Old 05-27-2010, 04:33 PM #40
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
Quote:
edit: I know this is impossible because I have tried it and I can prove it. Wait about an hour. I'll put my iphone sim in my brothers eternity and online it will show the iphone data plan greyed out and won't be changeable.

Proof

Last edited by download00502 : 05-27-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 PM #41
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

yeah you have to call and have it taken off if you switch phones, of course their gonna try to keep taking your $30 if you dont notice it

Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM #42
paintballbum
.ılıl.

paintballbum is a Supporting Member
Quote:
yeah you have to call and have it taken off if you switch phones, of course their gonna try to keep taking your $30 if you dont notice it
paintballbum is offline   Reply With Quote