PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM #1
redbull298
T.G.O.D

i need help please

ok well i recently switched to ATT internet from charter big mistake. well anyways they dont support bridges ethernet, and im running a router a linksys 2.4GHz wireless and it worked fine for a while. my laptop had internet, now it will not work at all. only way it works is running straight to main computer. Any suggestions. Please and thanks
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM #2
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Not sure how an isp change would have affected this but....

You have a modem somewhere. It should be connected to a router. From teh router you connect to a switch. Wired stuff goes to the switch and wireless from teh router.

how do you have this set up?
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 AM #3
redbull298
T.G.O.D

yes i have a motorola modem, it is plugged into the router, then i have this computer hooked up through a ethernet cable and the laptop should be wireless. i even tried plugging it up also, still no connection. somethings messed up somewhere.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 AM #4
tuna

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull298 View Post
yes i have a motorola modem, it is plugged into the router, then i have this computer hooked up through a ethernet cable and the laptop should be wireless. i even tried plugging it up also, still no connection. somethings messed up somewhere.
... did you reconfigure your router for the new ISP? If Charter was cable and AT&T is DSL there are probably different configurations that you need.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 AM #5
redbull298
T.G.O.D

but the thing is, after we switched, it worked for like 3 - 4 months. then decided to start messing up. idk im not really technical, but i can do basic things, and this is just really wierd.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM #6
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

unplug and reset everything
router has a reset button so does modem sometimes
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:22 AM #7
tuna

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull298 View Post
but the thing is, after we switched, it worked for like 3 - 4 months. then decided to start messing up. idk im not really technical, but i can do basic things, and this is just really wierd.
Well AT&T doesn't spend their resources doing tech support for your router company. The people to call is your router company tech support. You could do some simple things by yourself by accessing your router's GUI. Usually at 192.168.0.1, sometimes 192.168.1.1. The username is usually "admin" and the password is usually "admin", "administrator", "password", or "1234". Unless you changed it.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote