PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-14-2001, 10:56 PM #43
CaptainCapy

has been a member for 10 years
So, the only way for it to possibly be tourney legal is to have it semi-only. When do you think this revision will be done? I want to start the micro bushy in the begining of november. But it's all your call. Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2001, 12:34 PM #44
defiance

The 2nd revision Promethius boards will probably be between two weeks and a month. The featurelist is nearly identical, with two exceptions: Rev. 1 is larger, and rev. 1 doesn't support the B2K2's rear LCD. July: The second one (the sonic) will have a revision 2, the first one wont (as per current plans, let me know if you want to change that).
There is a semi only revision of the software avaialble right now, but I'm not sure it's actually NPPL legal, still, since many of the rumors have suggested that they're planning to only allow OEM provided controllers... So I can't say for sure until I've seen the final details of the ruling, which noone seems to know for certain

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 08-15-2001, 07:48 PM #45
CaptainCapy

Ok, would it be a problem if I had a sonic trigger frame on it? If so, tell me what has to be done and I'll have it done by K&P while it's there. Who should I send it to first? You or K&P? Right now I may be starting earlier so I'm not sure. Also, how much will it cost to do your part with intellifeed, anti-chop eye, and semi-only dv8? Thanks!

Last edited by CaptainCapy : 08-15-2001 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:46 PM #46
defiance

K&P first. Since I'll have to do some tinkering to find the best place for the relay (I'm 100% confident it can be done, since if nothing else I can put it in the hopper... But I'd rather keep it compatible with the ones I've done before, so hopefully it'll still fit in the marker...)
Sonic frame keeps the same internal dimensions as the stock frame, so that's no problem at all
Email me for pricing, I don't like qouting specific package pricing and such online. Also, you may want to wait until it's in progress; I have sale prices pretty often, and if I find lower prices from suppliers, or find a need to use a more expensive part, prices may change... Probably not a lot, but some.

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 08-16-2001, 03:29 PM #47
xi24q

dye makes lcd grips in case anyone is wondering...
Old 08-16-2001, 11:32 PM #48
CaptainCapy

Ok, tha'ts great. I know yuor still swamped right nw, but when would it be a good time for you to start your part of this? Also, should I anno it first or send it to you? Or does it not matter. My only worry is whitewolf not knowing how to disassemble and reassemble everything. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2001, 11:52 PM #49
Jester
Team MirrorImage

xi24q:

Dye's LCD grips are for the Angel, so the screws are in different positions. The LCD grips will fit Angels and Matrixes (Matrices). You need a triditional 2 screw per side layout for the normal bushie/defiant grips. Also, the mounting for the screen is different.

Jester
Old 08-18-2001, 02:43 PM #50
Jbeers

I thought the whole reason for the LCD was to be able to change modes and things without opening the board..., why would you need the DV8 over the Chaos S.O. Slightly OT, but if Bob Long makes an SO board, if it's only OEM, can I use that in my bushy, or if ICD makes one can defiant owners use that?
Old 08-20-2001, 01:39 AM #51
july_favre

july_favre is a founding member
The dv8 is externally adjustable, the stock lcd isnt.

Defiance, i tryed your other email address.