Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 AM #1
Lil Azn Dave

37" LCD Televisions - Suggestions Needed

I'm looking to purchase a 37" LCD TV. I am tight on cash and only want to spend around $500 if that's even possible. What are some TV's you guys could suggest to me?

Thanks.
Lil Azn Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2010, 12:18 PM #2
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdi...d esc&icon=28

That's where to find the deals.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:22 PM #3
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Azn Dave View Post
I'm looking to purchase a 37" LCD TV. I am tight on cash and only want to spend around $500 if that's even possible. What are some TV's you guys could suggest to me?

Thanks.
Head over to Sears. Pretty easy to snag one for that price. I got my LG 42inch 1080P Plasma for 450 before tax.

I ain't got no mo' fun cars
ForgottenSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:16 AM #4
mcion (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenSoup View Post
Head over to Sears. Pretty easy to snag one for that price. I got my LG 42inch 1080P Plasma for 450 before tax.
Comparing the price of an lcd to a plasma is not generally the best way to go about it lcd screens go up alot more per few inches as opposed to plasma.
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 AM #5
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

I work at Sears, brah. I know this. A 32inch LCD can be had for that price. You're better off getting a plasma for the better picture and some sort of PA.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:17 AM #6
mcion (Banned)

Not quite sure what a 32" LCD has to do with anything, he was asking in regards to a 37" LCD you gave him the price of a 42" plasma.

Also OP if you can hold out on getting a tv for a month or two my advice would be to wait and enjoy the inevitable price drop on LED screens.

PSS- I have had a theory about sears employees for a long time and this kind of just proved it even more for me, ty for that.

Last edited by mcion : 05-23-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:51 AM #7
jrmiller
••Swing the hammer••

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-37-LCD-TV/10993795

dave drive down to the local wally world and snag that one. my mom has that one and its been pretty nice
jrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM #8
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
Not quite sure what a 32" LCD has to do with anything, he was asking in regards to a 37" LCD you gave him the price of a 42" plasma.

Also OP if you can hold out on getting a tv for a month or two my advice would be to wait and enjoy the inevitable price drop on LED screens.

PSS- I have had a theory about sears employees for a long time and this kind of just proved it even more for me, ty for that.
Way to completely latch onto my mistake and run off with it like some little fat kid with candy. I meant 37 inch. I mentioned the 42 inch LG because 1: LG is quickly becoming a superior brand, 2: 42 inches just so happens to be bigger than 37 inches and 3: Plasma is a far superior picture quality than LCD. So he can get a bigger, better television set for roughly the same price.

And don't worry, you fit into the category of ignorant consumer quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiller View Post
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-37-LCD-TV/10993795

dave drive down to the local wally world and snag that one. my mom has that one and its been pretty nice
Vizio tends to be solid but be wary that Wal-Mart televisions are made up of recycled and used parts. Get some sort of warranty if you go that route.

And don't pay any attention to what the other guy said about LED. After their "inevitable" price drop they'll still be several hundred dollars more than your goal price.

Last edited by ForgottenSoup : 05-23-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM #9
mcion (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenSoup View Post
Way to completely latch onto my mistake and run off with it like some little fat kid with candy. I meant 37 inch. I mentioned the 42 inch LG because 1: LG is quickly becoming a superior brand, 2: 42 inches just so happens to be bigger than 37 inches and 3: Plasma is a far superior picture quality than LCD. So he can get a bigger, better television set for roughly the same price.

And don't worry, you fit into the category of ignorant consumer quite nicely.

Vizio tends to be solid but be wary that Wal-Mart televisions are made up of recycled and used parts. Get some sort of warranty if you go that route.

And don't pay any attention to what the other guy said about LED. After their "inevitable" price drop they'll still be several hundred dollars more than your goal price.

I have actually dealt with these products in sales aswell so scratch that ignorant consumer thing and something i learned when someone ccame saying they need a tv a certain size it was for the most part the biggest the stand/entertainment center could accommodate, and yes plasma does have a better picture it is more crisp and vivid but it also has a shorter life again something that would vary from customer to customer sears employees just try to sell what they like as opposed to what fits a persons needs.

Naturally the LED screens will be more than and LCD even after the price drop, bravo you are semi competent. You also failed to realize that with proper budgeting and saving by the time the price drops on them an average person could have more then enough for it, especially considering a budget of 500 dollars currently

Vizio is a good brand but far from being considered a high ranking one, they technically are the best American made TV because frankly there is not that much competition

To the OP- Take your time in finding a tv and be sure the picture is something you will be happy with because you will have it for a few years, to my knowledge costco has the best return policy on electronics think it is 90 days for tv's and they care a wide array of brands (samsung, lg, vizio, sony, etc..)

To forgottensoup- as one salesperson to the other it would appear you only care about making a sale not making a consumer happy, which is saddening if a new tech is on its way to a price drop like blue rays did there is no reason to not recommend them to hold off if possible and try to get them a better product.