Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 AM #1
DocGrass
DocGrass

Wink Overland Park New Comer...

Sup everyone,

My name's Dave, in about the next 2 months i am going to be separating from the US Navy and moving to Overland Park, KS to live with my brother. I am going to be attending JCCC and then transferring to either KU or K-State after ~2 years. I am 23 years old and i work for a living, so whatever i spend time/money on, i make sure it's important to me. I originally lived in Saint Louis, MO but then joined the Navy and don't want to move back.

Now that all the formalities are out of the way, i am looking for either a group of players or a team that would be willing to help me out getting used to the Kansas area Paintball Scene. I am somewhat experienced player, been at it for about 7 years, but most of that was casual playing. The past year and half I have been playing competetive woodsball (scenarios) and reffing at my local field up in Virginia Beach, VA. I have very rarely played any speedball or x-ball, but i am curious how it feels. I am just mainly looking for a social network that happen to love this sport as much as i do.

My current gear is:

Markers:
Pri- Planet Eclipse Etek Two
Sec- Invert Mini

Barrel Setup:
Etek/Mini Stock Barrels (14" / 8" respectfully)
16" Deadly Wind CF Barrel
14" DYE Ultra Lite Barrel
Python PB Insert Kit (5 diff bores)

Loaders:
Dye Rotor
Pinokio

Tank:
65/4500 Pure Energy Carbon Spun Comp. Air Tank

Masks:
Dye i4 2010 Mask
V-Force Grillz
E-Vent

Hopefully this gear won't make me look scrubby around the lot of ya, if you think i might be a good addition to the community hit me up. Look forward to participating in this sport with all of you. Take care.

"In Nonsense... is Strength"
DocGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 AM #2
JTGRAHAM
I-40 FUEL

im FROM kansas but live in oklahoma. whatever field you go to you will like cuz the people in kansas r cool and ive been to all of the fields up there. have fun with the 2010 year bro!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM #3
cj9 11

cj9 11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cj9 11 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cj9 11 plays in the APPA D5 division
www.dropzonepaintball.com

That's probably going to be your best bet as far as woodsball and shops. Great fields, great people, good times to be had.

www.280paintball.com

Indoor speedball for when the weathers rough, summers hot, or you want to start looking more into speedball.

The biggest woodsball team the I know of from around here is Ghost Recon out of dropzone paintball.

As a fellow Overland Park resident I welcome you to the better side of Missouri.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 PM #4
BillyBob79

If you're mainly into scenarios and/or woodsball, DropZone Paintball is going to be among the leaders as far as fields you'll want to check out. In this area (Kansas City area) there's only been one or two other fields that have interested me and organization of the staff has more or less killed those fields. They may have had nice field setups but they just haven't been well-ran. There's other good fields in Kansas but you're looking at at least a 2 hour drive to get to them while DropZone is about 45 minutes from Overland Park if you know how to get there.

My team generally organizes/runs 3 scenario events per year at DZ. One typically being in early May, another in September, and the last one being a Toys for Tots type charity game in November in which you get to shoot at me in my full Santa suit. Our scenarios haven't been huge the last few years and I don't want to blame the economy but I think it's been the biggest reasoning. But our games have typically brought in around 100 or so players and everyone we talk to seems to have a great time. We also travel to many big games in the region including all of the D-Day events in Oklahoma, Living Legends near Chicago, Panzer Attack near Springfield MO, and any others that we can organize a group of us to attend. But we don't limit ourselves to just scenarios and throughout the year you'll find groups of us just playing some laid back rec ball at DropZone. There's over 30 of us so any given weekend some of us might be out there. If you wish you can check out our team forum at www.teamghostreconforum.com. If you want to check out some of the other local scenario teams I'd be willing to point you in their direction as well.

Welcome to Kansas and thank you for serving our country.

edit: I guess cj kinda beat me to the punch.

Last edited by BillyBob79 : 04-27-2010 at 05:35 PM.
BillyBob79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM #5
grumpy.old.man

grumpy.old.man donated to help Peyton Trent
grumpy.old.man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
grumpy.old.man supports Team VICIOUS
Doc, I am more of a speedball guy, but will add my thoughts. BillyBob will definately steer you in the right direction for that type of play in the KC area. He is a straight-up guy, and his love of the game is obvious the first time you meet him.

Thanks for your service and welcome to our fine city.

Justin
grumpy.old.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM #6
BillyBob79

Thanks Justin, praise from my peer ballers is always good to have especially when it comes from someone that cares equally about the sport.
BillyBob79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 AM #7
jdm95webb
Plains Drifter

Welcome bro, im in Lawrence and agree that dropzone is your best bet. Great people, great times. I also have a personal field in Eudora between lawrence and overland park. We always need more people to join us so your more than welcome to. I have a decent woods area and a speedball course.
jdm95webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM #8
superpaintballer

superpaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
Hey guys im currently enlisted in the air force and about to get out and move back to kc and trying to get into the paintball scene mo and get on a team i played in the uk masters and a lil bit a speedball in fl but mostly rec ball.

i have a dp fusion and invert mini and a ion as back up

looking to possibly get on a speedball team once i get moved into kc so if you know anyone that is looking for members please point me in the right direction

thanks
Bonez
superpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups