Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM #1
tylera2012
1/4 mile at a time

tylera2012 helped look for balloons
tylera2012 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tylera2012 is for the Gunfight
tylera2012 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ghillieing up?

Who here has a ghillie suit? And who likes to wear them for actuall paintball games? Just curious if its more hastle then use.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 PM #2
rockingtheomen
Im a doctor of journalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylera2012 View Post
Who here has a ghillie suit? And who likes to wear them for actuall paintball games? Just curious if its more hastle then use.
I made a ghillie suit from scratch about a year ago. Its netting glued to an old pair of surplus 'Nam jacket and pants. Very light base in the first place. With all the burlap tied on its kinda heavy. Very hot in the sun. On the plus side, I haven't been hit with it on once. Granted I haven't played since i made the suit. If its made right they're pretty cool. Kinda overkill in most situations but if you want one go ahead and make it.

"Originally posted by mousek801: Dear lord, give me the power to compress the chest 1/3-1/2 of its own depth and allow full chest recoil. Praise the holy spirit for allowing adequate chest rise and thank jesus for the ability to complete 5 cycles within 2 minutes."
rockingtheomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 PM #3
reaper_t_r
The Swampballer

I have had great success with the ghillie that I made. Very good for being a foreward observer in scenario games. It also helps for being a sniper if you learn to stay still and to discern between good and bad times to shoot.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 PM #4
Wyrm-EMR
Chicken Wings :D

Wyrm-EMR is for the Gunfight

Here is one I've made a few years ago, I'm debating if I'm finished with it or not, as you can see there's some gaps in the chest area, but I figured it would obstruct my crawling movement since I found I had problems crawling with the bottom front of the coat being caught under my knees. Granted this weighs a ton, but I've found it effective, especially in heavy brush, early spring/mid fall. The suit design: Coat- Army BDU, camoflague pants, hunting camo hat. Believe it or not, street hockey netting sewen and glued on with 8"-14" strips of burlap individually cut, overhand knotted and stripped down. Yeah, the suit took me a good 7 months to complete. I have a traditional 200 rnd hopper (gravity fed) that I decked out with the burlap with a 1'x2' burlap spread to cover my marker.

I apologize it's not the best picture, I don't have one of the backside or in action.

Now I haven't used the suit in quite awhile, my aggressive style of play doesn't quite work with it. However, I've still got it and proud to have taken the time to learn. Hope this was a bit helpful
Old 08-14-2009, 12:39 AM #5
Furb

i got one but im still making im actually weaving a net. ( hand weaving ok?) ill sew that to a cheap long green shirt an also get some cheap pants an sew the netting on an add the camo on later. my main use when its finish is recon an Intel gathering for scenario games. or just for fun at my weekend wood games. so yea it would be helpful to have one realy.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:44 PM #6
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
I have made quite a few of them. In paintball I have used them to great result.

The situation must warrant them though. A 15 minute walk on game is not the time to use one. All day scenario games are best. But be smart about it. You are using a ghillie suit to outsmart your opponent. Do not be a ******* and use a 12 lb burlap blanket in 90 degree heat with 90% humidity. You're not being a badass. You're being retarded. Even when I went through training we planned our camo with the weather in mind. This isn't Nam, you're not Hathcock laying in the middle of the field where if you're spotted you die so laying there in the heat is what you do. This is game. Snipers DO exist in paintball, but going overboared kills the arguement.

I, as an off duty EMT, have personally treated three *******es for heat exhaustion and other heat related injuries at one game alone in the last year.

If anybody is looking to make a ghillie suit, PM me. I've got detailed instructions I can send catered to your specs.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 PM #7
AmbushSabre
Where the white women at?

AmbushSabre helped look for balloons
specialopspaintball.com has a really light vinyl leaf ghillie and you can buy the ultra light pants and jersey to attach it to. I just bought a density upgrade and attached it. It covers my whole back really well.
AmbushSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 PM #8
Invalid

The special ops one looks pretty cool, and they have mask and glove and gun kits also. But does it stay together well just being pinned to a jersey?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 AM #9
shshshawn
Humboldt FogDogs

i built one using dyed burlap and a old pair of bdu's from when i was in the army,its great except if you like to move around then it gets obscenely hot.
COL.McKnight: Everybody's shot! We need the prisoners, let's go!
Morte
Humboldt Fog Dogs
http://www.humboldtfogdogs.com
Proudly sponsored by Tiberius Arms,Chiply Custom Machines,Scenario Arms,and ANSgear
shshshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 AM #10
"Spec.Ops."
I wasn't here

"Spec.Ops." supports Team VICIOUS
Sniper Magee

I Wear one! And It works Great! I went to an armature field (back yard, thin woods) managed to sneak up perpendicular to the other team befor throwing three shots at there best player.
If you want a ghillie suit, but still want to build it yourself (self gratification) do what I did, go to www.bushrag.com and buy a kit, or a body/pants net, and pick out your colors. this way is cheap. (about $66 for plenty of jute(burlap fiber) and the nets.) and easy to do. I'll post some pics of mine tomorrow.
mine is a prototype called the chameleon. instead of all jute, it uses 700 thin mesh leaves, almost transparent. it produces a larger volume but only weighs 4lbs. and because the leaves are only slightly opaque, blends in with any surrounding.

"Spec.Ops." out
"Spec.Ops." is offline   Reply With Quote