Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM #1
rbsboi91
needs a job

rbsboi91 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rbsboi91 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Please excuse my rant.

i just wanted to get this off my chest. but i am sick and tired of people saying that paintball is dangerous. the only reason that they think that it is dangerous is that people shoot at each other. i understand were they are coming from but you can get a more serious injury bowling than going paint balling. think if you shoot yourself in the toe it may hurt for a while. but if you drop a bowling ball on your toe you could lose the toe. there are studies done that said that tennis was more dangerous than paintball. the main reason that paintball is safe is because that it is that the rules are strictly enforced. i have only heard of one person dieing as a result of playing paintball. he apparently was hit in the chest and suffered a heart attack and died. were as i have heard of over 100 people dieing as a result of football. and even more people die while fishing. thanks for listening.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 PM #2
jtcrowder49

jtcrowder49 is an NCPA player
jtcrowder49 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jtcrowder49 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jtcrowder49 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lol i agree... paintball has less injuries then high school football does...

DO NOT DEAL WITH GUNDOPAINTBALL!!!!
jtcrowder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:03 PM #3
EmpirepbxX

panzies

i completely agree the sport is feared because people think that there life is going to end.. once people get past the fear they find out that is a extremely fun adrenaline sport. you just need to get into it.
EmpirepbxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM #4
SouthPark22

It can be dangerous. You know it and I know it. The element of danger is partially why I play. In the recent past (last year) I did a baseball slide while playing rec. bushball and drove a stick thru my shin. Required a trip to the Dr's office to be cleaned and patched up. Dude pulled a 3/4 inch chunk of wood out of the wound that was about two inches in (I thought I had gotten it all out) and washed a ton of dirt and crap out with saliene. I made it back to the field to play out the rest of the afternoon games contrary to the Dr's direction to go to emerg so they could cut it open and clean it and stitch it up (ya don't stitch a dirty wound). LOL. While playing outlaw ball I rolled my ankle and seriously messed up a number of tendons ligaments (I taped it up with hockey tape and played thru the day... good times). This January while at the speedball national championships (Canuck) I was bunkered and had three put into my forehead... this caused a arterial aneurysm in one of the branches of the temporal artery which will require surgery to correct ... again I played out the day (we placed 2nd)... there are lots of stories of pain and injury in paintball... so WHAT? It is a dangerous sport. Love it.
SouthPark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 AM #5
rbsboi91
needs a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPark22 View Post
It can be dangerous. You know it and I know it. The element of danger is partially why I play. In the recent past (last year) I did a baseball slide while playing rec. bushball and drove a stick thru my shin. Required a trip to the Dr's office to be cleaned and patched up. Dude pulled a 3/4 inch chunk of wood out of the wound that was about two inches in (I thought I had gotten it all out) and washed a ton of dirt and crap out with saliene. I made it back to the field to play out the rest of the afternoon games contrary to the Dr's direction to go to emerg so they could cut it open and clean it and stitch it up (ya don't stitch a dirty wound). LOL. While playing outlaw ball I rolled my ankle and seriously messed up a number of tendons ligaments (I taped it up with hockey tape and played thru the day... good times). This January while at the speedball national championships (Canuck) I was bunkered and had three put into my forehead... this caused a arterial aneurysm in one of the branches of the temporal artery which will require surgery to correct ... again I played out the day (we placed 2nd)... there are lots of stories of pain and injury in paintball... so WHAT? It is a dangerous sport. Love it.
What i mean is that people say that it is dangerous just because there is a gun involved. (That is the main reason.) And in any case ether of the things you said could happen to you out side of the field. I f'ed up my ankle on the stairs so bad onetime that I couldn't walk w/out a crutch for like a mounth. And on the case of the stick you could have been walking and fallen down and the same thing would have happened. People call the sport more dangerous than others even though you are more likly to hurt yourself in everyday life than playing paintball. the odds are that you are more likly to get seriously hurt playing soccer or BOWLING than during a paintball game.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:15 PM #6
tradermike38

yes people need to understand that with guns, as long as you know what you are doing and you are careful, everything is safe and fun!
tradermike38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:06 PM #7
bmorepaintball
kill *****es

bmorepaintball supports Team VICIOUS
bmorepaintball supports Pev's Paintball
bmorepaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bmorepaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
full on agreement we dont really shoot guns we really shoot "marker" and dont kill people we "eliminate" people
Old 04-10-2010, 04:13 AM #8
Awox

I think of it as art. I paint people!
Awox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM #9
ryan9024

As long as you keep your mask on there is no way really to get hurt, but no matter how many times you tell someone they are just set in their own opinion.
ryan9024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:25 AM #10
rbsboi91
needs a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan9024 View Post
As long as you keep your mask on there is no way really to get hurt, but no matter how many times you tell someone they are just set in their own opinion.
yes but unlike my what 3rd grade teacher said; In some cases opinions can be wrong

Last edited by rbsboi91 : 05-12-2010 at 08:17 PM.
rbsboi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM #11
Pickleboii207
Mowin Heads Like A Lawn

Pickleboii207 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Pickleboii207 is playing at Living Legends III
Pickleboii207 supports Team VICIOUS
Pickleboii207 is for the Gunfight
i got a concussion while i was reffing a few years ago. of course the entire field was a layer of ice and i slipped and hit my head but that's what i get for playing paintball in maine. other then that paintballers can very easily pull and tear mussels, with the fast moving and sprints paintballers make with all that adrenaline pumping through you your body cant hold you back and you end up going way beyond your bodys physical limits. of course this can be prevented by stretching alot before playing
Pickleboii207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM #12
EgODawn
ego4life

hi
EgODawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 PM #13
handirandi
Handirandi

its dangerous if you dont follow safty guidelines, if you dont listen to the referees, if you dont keep your dang mask on and if you dont keep your condom on your gun

other than that is very safe
-I'm a decent paintballer
- Paintball is my Passion!!

My Name is Randi! aka: HANDI RANDI
handirandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 PM #14
rbsboi91
needs a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by handirandi View Post
its dangerous if you dont follow safty guidelines, if you dont listen to the referees, if you dont keep your dang mask on and if you dont keep your condom on your gun

other than that is very safe
THANK YOU HALLELUJAH SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT! IT'S NOT THE SPORTS FAULT, IT'S THE DUMB ***** THAT DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES. (personally if you are dumb enough that you take off the there helmet while balls are flying at around 200fps they deserve what they get.)
Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 AM #15
samdeeley
I AM SANTA, HEAR ME ROAR

samdeeley owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintball seems really dangerous. "I'm a very good driver."
samdeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:50 PM #16
paintballdude182

true

I agree 100%
paintballdude182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 PM #17
paintballdude182

True

I agree 100%
paintballdude182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 PM #18
BPie03

Yup, paintball does get a pretty bad rap.
I remember in the past two people dying as a result of Co2 tank malfunctions where the bottle disconnected from the valve and turned into a rocket. I'm not sure if that was manufacturer or user error, but nevertheless people died.

But anyways, anything "gun" related to a sport, and people's ignorance and imagination will run wild.
Baltimore Trauma Fan Club #739
IrishMafia
BPie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM #19
rbsboi91
needs a job

ignorance and imagination can be a dangerous combination. people need to do their homework before they spout off about something.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM #20
lil tnt

People are always entitled to their own opinions, not their own fact. lol but yes, paintball is very safe. Besides the occational welt. (but hey, chicks dig scars eh?)
lil tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM #21
ProtoBaller1991
The Grippiest Grip

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
I read golf and cross country running are both statistically more dangerous

I do tv show things

ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote