PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 PM #1
color_green13

color_green13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
color_green13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Lightbulb Scenario/ Woodsball?

Im looking to buy a prote slg for woodsball. im woundering if any one uses one for this and is it a good, dependable, accurate gun. Thanks for the help in advance.
color_green13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

My UL SLG has been very troublesome for most of the time I've owned it. I've had to make several minor, but irritating modifications to keep it running over the last year. See my full review here: http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/user...ultralight_slg

That said, when the gun does work it works great. I played a scenario game with it last weekend and it worked perfectly, so maybe I've worked out all the kinks with it.

PS: Accuracy isn't determined by your gun- it's mostly determined by your ability to aim and your paint-to-barrel match. The little bit of accuracy the gun contributes is in a steady velocity rate, and in that respect my SLG has been very good. I choronoed it exactly once when I first bought it and haven't had to adjust it since. With a well-matched barrel it's been +-5 fps.

Last edited by The Inflicted : 03-28-2010 at 11:44 PM.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 PM #3
THUMP3R420
THUMP3R

I play woodsball. My main has been a Smart Parts Vibe with a Blackheart board. I just picked up an 08 SLG. I put on a carbon fiber barrel and I just ordered the only upgrade it truly needs, spring loaded ball detent's. This will eliminate the ball being broke at the detent's. If you choose the SLG, I recommend you spend the extra couple of bucks and get the UL SLG. Its a better gun than the basic in many ways.
As far as my Vibe, it never fails me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...SCN0064xxx.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...SCN0064xxx.jpg

Last edited by THUMP3R420 : 04-12-2010 at 04:30 PM.
THUMP3R420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM #4
m33turmaker
only the good die young

i bought the basic as opposed to the UL to save a couple bucks. it feels solid and i love it. yes it chops here and there as ALL paintball markers do but other then that awesome gun in its price bracket
m33turmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:58 AM #5
ProtoSLG16

ProtoSLG16 supports Team VICIOUS
i have a proto slg and i have only played woodsball with it. i love this gun. its pretty accurate and reliable. i have had some problems with it but they were easy fixes and didnt cost me anything. i would most deff recommend this gun
ProtoSLG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM #6
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_green13 View Post
Im looking to buy a prote slg for woodsball. im woundering if any one uses one for this and is it a good, dependable, accurate gun. Thanks for the help in advance.
Good = When it works
Dependable = No. Not even kind of
Accurate = There are too many things that make good accuracy. You can't base accuracy solely on a marker
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote