Community Focus

Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM #1
david42

david42 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
david42 supports Team VICIOUS
david42 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cool Superman Sliding!?!?!

Hey guys, I just need some tips on superman sliding/ diving and what not to do. I know not to go down on my knees, and keep my palms up but other than that any more tips?

eniviousjohn: "So please, please, for the love of all things scantily clad and 40% alcohol by volume, just shoot the guns for yourselves. If you're having trouble choosing between which super expensive mega-awesome new paintball marker to choose from, are you really even having a problem to begin with?
david42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 PM #2
Texas_pump

really its up to you, get in low and fast. Personally there may be a perfect way, but there is a perfect way for each person. I slide more like a head first slide (like when stealing 2nd). Get arms out, use your ribs and forarms/a little hand to absorb the impact. You want to land fairly flat to minimize the pressure point impacts which scrub all the initial speed off. It takes practice but over time you will get it. GUN UP!!!. Dont want that barrel to dig, or the hopper to bounce off the ground (it can fall off or break potentially).

But just remember play your game. . . if your getting in and staying alive, it doesnt matter how, if not well than you have to change something. Oh yeah, as you crawl try not to left up your arms (just slide them) its easier.
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 PM #3
B Baller

B Baller plays in the PSP
so when people say get in low and fast, they usually forget to mention that you are really falling/diving forward and then pushing from your toes to get that extra speed, low height and distance. knees shouldn't really ever even be in the slide because you will get shot in the face from being slow. so basically fall until you are maybe a foot above a pushup position with a tight body, and then push from your toes to land on your forearms.

most of the time i slide from my forearms to my side/chest and then hip but keep your legs low although they are not really involved just staying out of the way. i feel this slide gives you the best way to be ready faster but i slide on my gun side it can be bad every once in a while so i would probably recommend the flat superman for a while.

baseball players have it right on diving for bases, same with the hip slide because their slides are designed for speed and to be too low to tag. learn from them except we want to be standing at the end of a hip slide
B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 PM #4
Throwdown_08
They call me Rambo

Annual Supporting Member
Throwdown_08 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Throwdown_08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Throwdown_08 supports Team VICIOUS
Throwdown_08 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Throwdown_08 supports Empire
dont let your barrel get stuck in the ground.. i took a core sample of my field this past sunday. make sure your gun is up..

i split open my chin cuz i hit the back of my gun.. didnt feel it of course cuz of the adrenaline but still.. it hurt.
ChristKrew #268
Vampire Ego10 Lucky15
Geo2.05 Dye Carbon Fiber Boomstick
GUNFIGHTER

HK
Throwdown_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:20 AM #5
Staska

has been a member for 10 years
Find a nice patch of grass and practice, without your gun. Then practice without your barrel/hopper on your gun. Then go for gold, just be careful and don't hurt yourself.
Staska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 AM #6
Texas_pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staska View Post
Find a nice patch of grass and practice, without your gun. Then practice without your barrel/hopper on your gun. Then go for gold, just be careful and don't hurt yourself.
actually I would practice with your gun. But just have the tank attached. no barrel or hopper till ya get the feel of it. Its completely diff sliding w/ stuff in your hand than nothing in your hand. The gun hand palm needs to be more at a 90-135 degree angle

And that toe push is true (sorry its just not something you think about, because you have to have it to actually dive forward, its the first move to get you flyin). . . aside from the leaning forward
Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 PM #7
david42

Thanks guys, I try this.

eniviousjohn: "So please, please, for the love of all things scantily clad and 40% alcohol by volume, just shoot the guns for yourselves. If you're having trouble choosing between which super expensive mega-awesome new paintball marker to choose from, are you really even having a problem to begin with?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM #8
empire1122 (Banned)
professional rapist

empire1122 is playing at Living Legends III
empire1122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122 supports Team VICIOUS
empire1122 is for the Gunfight
empire1122 posts videos on PbNation
empire1122 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Also, remember that the harder you dive, the less likely you are to screw up. When you do slow dives, a lot of times your legs will kick up our you will knock the wind out of yourself. If you just lay out and focus on keeping your chest out, it should begin come more naturally
empire1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 AM #9
Staska

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_pump View Post
actually I would practice with your gun. But just have the tank attached. no barrel or hopper till ya get the feel of it.
That's pretty much exactly what I said in the first place... thanks though. Also, if you can't pull off a smooth slide without your gun in the first place you shouldn't be messing with your gun yet, all the basic mechanics are the same it is just technique after that.

Again, just be careful and work on your hip slides and stuff also.
Staska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 PM #10
bjsports88

yeah, slide first with no gun, get used to it. then when you get comfortable with your form and slide, grab your gun, barrel, tank, and barrel cover! theres no sense in tearing up the ground or your barrel for that matter because youre not used to it. and you dont want to have dust getting into your gun, so you need a barrel on. work on landing on your forearms and pushing off with your feet and youll have the hang of it in no time
bjsports88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 AM #11
hosepipe
.:*EGO Maniac*:.

You need to carry enough speed to slide yourself a good distance. when starting to dive you should not change your running patterns at all. get low and put down one and then your marker hand and elbows. then let you knees and elbows take the slide not your nuts. Hold your marker so that your bottle runs along your arm and barrel pointing away with the palm of your hand facing up.

First practice diving with a full pod of paint or a weight. You can dig your barrel in doing these dives wrong and bye marker! Keep the barrel up in the air when diving.

Thomas "Troll" taylor fanclub #970 Todd Martinez Fan #129
hosepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:13 AM #12
Texas_pump

let us know how it goes.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 PM #13
david42

Awsome guys thanks again, ill tell you how it goes soon cause i got a practice tomorrow.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM #14
david42

Thumbs up

I went to the field on saturday and tried doing some dives and it great. It definitally does not hurt as much as it did before. I think I was pushing off to high therefore I came down to hard but now it just feels a lot softer, and smoother than before. Thanks to anyone who posted on this thread.
P.S. I didn't wear pads...!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 PM #15
Greenmeansg0
The One and Only

Greenmeansg0 is BST Trusted
Greenmeansg0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
never land directly on your chest i a rib that way put the weight on you forarms
Greenmeansg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM #16
Texas_pump

glad it helped.