After a long time searching for a Rainmaker I managed to find one. I was reading a thread earlier where someone said that they arent very rare, that may be but they are hard to find as a buyer.
I prolly overpaid (since this was the first I saw in a long time I dont mind) for it, I spent $150 shipped. Its in great shape, it was said to be NIB, but It isnt. The body though is in prestine shape.
I gas'd it up and it fires great. At first I thought there was a problem cuz air was leaking down the barrel, but I learned it needed to be fired a couple times. I chrono'd it and its dialed in around 280.
First impressions -
1. No on/off switch. It would be easy to put one in and its not a big deal since the stock board shuts off after 5 mins, but wtf mate.
2. This gun seems extremely complicated to take apart, I hope theres a how to guide on here somewhere
3. A pain just to get to the board
5. Gas hog (which I knew and am completely cool with)
6. Loud (I love it!)
7. Zipped tied solenoid and battery (come on, really?)
1. I was very impressed with the stock trigger. I collect old electro's and this actually had one of the better stock triggers I've felt!
2. Easiest trigger job ever. (just put a peaice of foam rubber on the button and the trigger pull is light and short.)
3. Its actually pretty light. I pulled my Angel out to feel the weight difference and it makes me think my Angel needs a diet.
4. Solid feel to the gun, does not feel cheap at all.
5. Weight balance
6. No visible moving parts
If you have any information on what I got here, lemme know. I definately think Id like a newer board, so if you know someone who has one really cheap let me know. Any other suggestions, drop them off!
The Box, with a price tag of $429.95
Bottom of the box
Contents of Box (I had already switched sides for the macroline, Im a lefty)
Looking down the side
With the shroud off