Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM #85
TeeTwo
Boston Armada

TeeTwo supports Cereal Killerz 2
TeeTwo plays in the APPA D3 division
TeeTwo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTran View Post
At a minimum, read the rulebook so you can back up your complaints.
Then again, I guess it's impossible to be wrong if you don't even know what's right....
Truer words have never been spoken.
Check out my original 2K4 acount:MAD4LYF
matty mace: i have asthma an i felt as though other players might have been intentionally smoking near my pit to hinder my performance.......good thing i had my puffer.
TeeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM #86
IKILLFOR$
No Prayer For the Dying

IKILLFOR$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IKILLFOR$ supports Sherwood Forest
IKILLFOR$ supports Pev's Paintball
ups....i got to shoot ppl! HOOOORAY!
it didnt rain at the first event of the year! its about damn time!
downs....no one gave me any money
the dust sucked....like always...oh well...
BUT WORST OF ALL I HAD TO GO TO WORK MONDAY!
thanks lori, the reffing staff, and all the other teams who came out and played hard....it made for a great weekend after such a bad f'in week for my fam.
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS....KILL EVERYONE
matty mace: i have asthma an i felt as though other players might have been intentionally smoking near my pit to hinder my performance.......good thing i had my puffer.
CLOSED BOLT BALLERS
IKILLFOR$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 PM #87
Sniper71
Shooting fools since 92

Sniper71 plays in the PSP
Sniper71 plays in the APPA D4 division
5 man
[u]ups[u] decent paint, weather was good, reffing was good from what I saw, there was some good socializing from some teams, learned alot, kudos to the eclipse booth.
downs My girlfriend went

All in all I had a great time...im already looking forward to event 2, high five to lori for not losing her mind that day from the bazillion questions bombarded on her, and thanks to Shipyard for running a tight ship...couldnt resist that one....see you all at event 2
Sniper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM #88
NHballer90

NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NHballer90 supports Team VICIOUS
NHballer90 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgr View Post
I agree i thought the 5 man reffing was the best i have seen at the nepl in years. I was very pleased with it.

I thought i had a bad call on field two talked it out with ALL of the refs who had seen it and were involved to try to get a better understanding of the call and was very pleased with the responces i got. They understood my question and took the time to talk to me about it and help me understand a bit more why it was made. They even said it was very questionable as to whether i was right and it should have been a penalty they aired toward the side of caution and assessed it as a single elimination. Walked away appricaiting the time they took to talk to me and the checks they were making throughout the day and getting in there to check people.

Guys if you think you had a bad call. Go to the head ref and the ref who made the call and CALMLY disscuss it. They are usually more than willing to disscuss calls and why they were made If you calmly and politley ask them why they were made. Don't just walk off the field and *****. Bring it up with the head ref and try to understand how your team screwed up or you screwed up and why the call was made.

Overall best nepl i have been to in a long time. Had no complaints.
wasent there sunday, but im hearing postitives about the 5man reffing, i think its just that one team complaining about it cus they "thought" they had a shot. from what ive heard they like to blame ref's. w/e. all the ref there on saturday at nexl were great. probally some of the best sportsman ship between teams ive scene between teams. congrats to the hurricains for the win and a must say a good match. as well the paint shot excellent and the weather couldn't of been better. over all the best event ive ever been to. thanks to lori and ant for this great day.

i was told many times by our captain and coaches that the back line was the edge of the starting gate and the netting. so idk. maybe that captain needs some public speaking lessons to get the message to the team. cus i think the grizzlies are the only ones complaing. not to single you out or anything but most of this reffing stuff is coming from your team from what ive seen

Gearbag Sale, everything Cheap and OBO

Last edited by NHballer90 : 04-26-2010 at 10:42 PM.
NHballer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 PM #89
TeeTwo
Boston Armada

TeeTwo supports Cereal Killerz 2
TeeTwo plays in the APPA D3 division
TeeTwo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper71 View Post
downs My girlfriend went
I LOL'd
Check out my original 2K4 acount:MAD4LYF
TeeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:52 PM #90
wendysmachine

thanks for a good tourney. Event ran smooth, reffing was good, they were making the effort to be in position to make a fair call. no more single elimination. Please get a horn or blow harder on a better whistle, visual blocked so raised arm didn't work. Never got a chance to check out the vendors was there anything special? thanks for the later check in time. Got extra sleep and still plenty of time to walk the fields and play. Lori awesome job

VALKEN PAINTBALL
PnL PAINTBALL
ECLIPSE PAINTBALL

Last edited by wendysmachine : 04-26-2010 at 11:28 PM.
wendysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 PM #91
stoweboarder09

stoweboarder09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stoweboarder09 supports Bob Gurnsey
stoweboarder09 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stoweboarder09 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I wasn't there for event one because i hadn't gotten back from vacation yet. I can't attest to the fact about how those there felt about it. That being said, and after reading through this thread, the issue of having the captains of all the finals qualifying teams decide that day on how to run the finals... quite frankly i don't agree with it at all.

The way the finals are run should be consistent throughout all 5 events and be decided by Lori and Ant. Keeping it consistent makes it fair for everyone. I personally I feel that round robin is fairest due to the fact that everyone plays each other and the lesser teams overall get eliminated.
You could have the two best teams play in the first game of a one and done tournament and then whoever loses is gone even though they are better than the 6 other teams they hadn't played yet.
just my .02

Originally posted by p8ntball@ddict: "There have been times I wish I could have left a claymore near the new thread button."

stoweboarder09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 AM #92
oldschool_Pump

THis is the Captian of the LI Dark Riders the team that took 5th. I want to address a few things here:

1st to all the teams that we played against, we all had great games and sportsmanship.

To all the Ref's great job!

To lori and anthony for running a smooth event. and for the issue we already discussed this during that time at the event . excuse me for my sister team.

To Boston Armada you too are stand up guys, and we are looking forward to the next events.

I just had read this post seeing that our sister team (Dark Riders) had posted up ont this issues that had already had been address at the event to lori and anthony. And said then it won't happen in the furture. this was not the LI Dark Riders intentions for any of this to be post up on this post or any other.

to the owner of Identity you really can't call this Crap! this is a issue that has to be address and it isn't just becuase it happen to us, it could have happen to any team. who would want any out come like this to decide any teams faith into the finals. If and whats we all can say. you never know if you played your sister team eailier your numbers could of been lower, maybe we would of been tied and had to battle it out to see who would move onto the finals. What is done is done. At less for the future events this issue will be fixed. For us this is a dead issue.

and to all the teams best of luck in the future events.

please Stealth47 take out the LI in your sig to Dark riders , just becuase we have 2 squards. thanks MD

PaintBall Arena***\*TopGun *\*PRESTIGE PAINTBALL *\**OXCC\ \\Genr8 \ Fein \ RIPdanas \Empire\Gary Baum
Pump Gun PimP #37 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
1 SHOT 1 KILL 100% SKILL
PUMP AWAY MY FELLOW PUMPERS\
Old Woods Ball
Swift Silent & Deadly
oldschool_Pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:36 AM #93
Stealth47
Snake Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool_Pump View Post
THis is the Captian of the LI Dark Riders the team that took 5th. I want to address a few things here:

1st to all the teams that we played against, we all had great games and sportsmanship.

To all the Ref's great job!

To lori and anthony for running a smooth event. and for the issue we already discussed this during that time at the event . excuse me for my sister team.

To Boston Armada you too are stand up guys, and we are looking forward to the next events.

I just had read this post seeing that our sister team (Dark Riders) had posted up ont this issues that had already had been address at the event to lori and anthony. And said then it won't happen in the furture. this was not the LI Dark Riders intentions for any of this to be post up on this post or any other.

to the owner of Identity you really can't call this Crap! this is a issue that has to be address and it isn't just becuase it happen to us, it could have happen to any team. who would want any out come like this to decide any teams faith into the finals. If and whats we all can say. you never know if you played your sister team eailier your numbers could of been lower, maybe we would of been tied and had to battle it out to see who would move onto the finals. What is done is done. At less for the future events this issue will be fixed. For us this is a dead issue.

and to all the teams best of luck in the future events.

please Stealth47 take out the LI in your sig to Dark riders , just becuase we have 2 squards. thanks MD

Ok, and put Long Island in yours..... lol

Dark Riders D2 7man
Stealth47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 AM #94
TeamGrnGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post

1) The player ranking system is simply a matter of accept and adapt. We can either keep fighting it - making it more and more difficult each year to understand and be non-cohesive - or we can have a year to fall in line. I think that after a few events -and players having mid season bumps applied - you will see the benefits of it. My opinion is that it is better for tournament paintball - and if I didn't think so - I wouldn't use it - and that being said - i also don't think that some of the anticipated concerns were as big as maybe we thought they might be? We can discuss further.

2) We staggered check in so that we could start the 7 man teams early (long day for them) as well as make parking faster / easier. Is a down to that less time in the morning for you to walk fields? Yeah I guess it might be - BUT i would have to ask if that is for you personally (you're the man in charge or if that is in fact something that was an issue for teams. (No really - I am wondering) Something to keep in mind: Event 1 is tough for the simple reason of - we have 450 players who need to get ID cards. Granted it was split between 2 days - but to be honest - Sunday was a lot slower than Saturday - and that was because NO ONE had receipts with them for their ID cards. I think you will see how the staggered check in for divisions is a plus at the next event.

3) Fields being different? Would like to know specifics so I can address thoroughly (different bunkers?) Did we address the non-mirrored thing with the staff or the refs?

4) The playoffs - again I addressed earlier. Captains voted on before they started. There are pro's / con's to both sides - as you pointed out - we discussed with the teams who were playing in them so that they could be the ones deciding - not teams it didn't affect. Maybe we can discuss more in the forums and go from there.

I seriously appreciate the input - so please keep discussing - this event was in some ways a departure from the events of the past and a big step forward - so input is truly appreciated.

Thank you all -
Lori

I agree that APPA is the way to go since it is the ONLY ranking system around, it is just going to take a while to work out the kinks of AXBL teams and such getting ranked again by playing in a ranked system. I applaud the NEPL for using it.

Check in was incredibly fast and appreciated. I was just a little frustrated that my team got there at 7 and could not go down till about 730. T2 taught me the best lesson prepare, prepare, prepare. The event comes fast enough you need to prepod walk the field chrono and such as fast as you can. I try to out prepare other teams so we have an advantage and felt like some of that was taken away. It is not a huge complaint because in the end the staggered check in probbaly saved just as much time as it lost now that I think about it.

Their was not a huge difference in mirroring. The difference between last week and this week was pretty big. During the roto the d side was all messed up on field 1. It was fixed.
The two differences on field 1 were a couple of the fingers being a little off and one snake side cake being 3 feet farther back then the other one.
I did not realize the cake problem untill the last game of the day when watching I saw that the run my snake player needed to be different.
I think thats why the check in problem might have irked me was that had I had more time I might have seen it and been able to tell the refs so they could fix it.

Playoffs last year were 1 and done then round robin (hate the 1 and done first round), but also were best 2 out of three at times. (too much paint)

I personally like round robin for both rounds you max out at 6 games if you go one and done you get three. I understand that is 3 more cases on average but it gets the better teams into finals.

At the very least I think it should be one and done then round robin. Once you make finals you are getting prizes so you might as well battle it out for the best one.

This is all opinion. The fact is that Anthony listened to the captains about not wanting one and done. Called a captains meeting and had a vote to change it. The meeting was not unanimous and since the rules had been discussed at the captains meeting before the event he could not fairly change them unless they were.

I thought it was a good act of customer service. I was happy to see it.
Upton 187 Crew Accessory to MuRda Fan #1
You want to know about the chain of command?
It's the chain I get out and beat you with till you listen to my commands.
Proudly screwing things up for Dave since 2008
Sponsored by New Hampshire Indoor Paintball
TeamGrnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 AM #95
All-welted-up

I ref'd NEXL on sat and 7 man on sunday. As a whole, this weekend was great. there will always be missed calls(or percieved missed calls). Games were on time or close,teams were well behaved,I heard refs explaining calls which is great. tourny paintball can get ugly at times but this weekend was great.Ant,Lori,Jewa and Necco are worth thier weight in gold.See you guys at event 2
Killbourne fan #18
www.bennettallweatherpaintball.com
my opinions are my own...and Im an a$$hole :)
All-welted-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 AM #96
Cowboz

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cowboz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cowboz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool_Pump View Post

I agree that it shouldn't have happened at the end of the day. I also don't dissagree that it had the potential to look bad. But, that was out of our control. I stated what I know to be fact, they did not throw the game, nothing more nothing less. As a side note, I only knew I had to win the game, nothing more, nothing less and we went out there and played our a**s off.

As I said previously, we played one of your squads in the prelims and it was a good, straight up game, I look forward to playing you guys in the future.

*disclaimer, I am not the owner, I am the capt of Identity-Creed
Special thanks to Fox4 Paintball
Cowboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 AM #97
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
As the owner of Identity, there are no hard feelings at all about this. I knew it was coming from the start.... How could it not.. lol. I just expected that game to come down to which team was going to move on, but we sucked to much to worry about that. Everyone beat us up that day, including you LI Dark Riders...

Great job and good overall sportsmanship from all the teams. I see a league with true competition this year that will make each event that more interesting.

Archie
EWMpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM #98
Stealth47
Snake Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboz View Post
I agree that it shouldn't have happened at the end of the day. I also don't dissagree that it had the potential to look bad. But, that was out of our control. I stated what I know to be fact, they did not throw the game, nothing more nothing less. As a side note, I only knew I had to win the game, nothing more, nothing less and we went out there and played our a**s off.

As I said previously, we played one of your squads in the prelims and it was a good, straight up game, I look forward to playing you guys in the future.

*disclaimer, I am not the owner, I am the capt of Identity-Creed
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
As the owner of Identity, there are no hard feelings at all about this. I knew it was coming from the start.... How could it not.. lol. I just expected that game to come down to which team was going to move on, but we sucked to much to worry about that. Everyone beat us up that day, including you LI Dark Riders...

Great job and good overall sportsmanship from all the teams. I see a league with true competition this year that will make each event that more interesting.

Archie
Understandable. There will be no grudges held, and hopefully next event the scheduling will prevent any accusations like this to be brought up again. We had a lot of fun last event. I have to say probably the game i had most fun in was against the Hurricanes. I haven't had that much fun in a game in years. It was actually starting to get pretty suspenseful until the 4-5th minute.

Dark Riders D2 7man
Stealth47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM #99
IKILLFOR$
No Prayer For the Dying

IKILLFOR$ supports Sherwood Forest
IKILLFOR$ supports Pev's Paintball
i dislike dust....dust dust dust.....my snot is still freakin black!
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS....KILL EVERYONE
CLOSED BOLT BALLERS
IKILLFOR$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM #100
EMSGuy24
no

EMSGuy24 plays in the PSP
EMSGuy24 plays in the APPA D4 division
5Man
This was my 1st tournament I ever played in and it was a blast... The reffing was great and when we had an issue in a match with a mask falling off, the refs went to Big ant for a clearification on how to handle so that it was fair for all... Refs are not going to make the right call all the time.. We all know that, but to know the refs doing the games where fair and did a great job thats all we can ask for...
EMSGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM #101
Justin19BSM
Hungry J

Justin19BSM helped look for balloons
From a ref's standpoint, I felt like people played pretty straight up. Minimal penalties needed to be assessed. There were no real confrontations, besides the 'canes overshooting the **** out of everyone. But other than that, a solid day on Sunday.

From a player's standpoint. Saturday was a great day. It was my first Xball tournament and I was ready, but I don't think I was too psyched about the delay between games. We'd play one match and wait for 1 to 2 hours for the next one. It was very difficult to stay focused for me at least. Too much resting leads to exhaustion. Paint shot great, a little bouncy, but at least it wasn't chopping.

I look forward to the next event, that's for damn sure.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 PM #102
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
I haven't been following the thread. Just wanted to make two quick comments:

Comment #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth47 View Post
Well when you see there own team shooting blindly into the air and letting there other team, who needs a very high score to make finals, take them all out with no problem, theres little to doubt otherwise that the game was thrown.
You apparently didn't watch Archie play much on Sunday, or shooting blindly into the air wouldn't have struck you as an abnormality. (j/k Archie)

Comment #2
If anyone has issues with NEH (Hurricanes), please direct them to me personally either via PM here or via email at NewEnglandHurricanes@gmail.com. I can't be counted on reading this thread again.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:07 AM #103
motorx1000
THE ***** SHOOTER

Last edited by motorx1000 : 05-02-2010 at 11:34 AM.
motorx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote