PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 AM #22
J-dub Sr.
Potato Pete Loves to Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bml0117 View Post
hey man, it's okay. tons and tons of people ask the same question. Just know that lifting weights IS GREAT FOR BURNING FAT! In June of 2008, I was roughly 245 lbs. Now, I am at 180. I was always the chubby kid so losing this much did a great deal on my fitness ability as well as my confidence. There were many factors which helped me lose the weight, and develop a better lifestyle. ANd by lifestyle, I mean IT IS A LIFESTYLE! Many people think losing weight is a "lose 30 pounds in 30 days" type deal, but that's not the case. It really is something that affects your life. Anyways, here's some tips that helped me get some success.

Working out helps. Diet helps as well. Know that using these in conjunction is what gets people the results they want.

- develop a routine workout plan at least 3 times a week, and move up from there as time goes on. A good balance of weights, cardio, and calisthenics will help you get to the leaner you. Try doing some no-weight workouts as well. There are tons of no-weight workouts on every muscle building website/forum that will give you a kick to shred fat off.
- as far as a diet goes, you want to build that up as well. Don't go diving into hardcore diets, cause most of the time, people just can't take it and give up soon after starting it. It's like a few others have said above me, burn more calories than you eat. make sure you get a good balance of protein, carbs, and essential fat. Plenty of fruits and veggies help as well.

Don't be disappointed if you don't see results right away. It takes some time till you truly notice a difference. It's like I said before, it's a lifestyle. I used to be on and off with working out and doing diets. I would always go through these rapid weight gains/losses, and I never really found a solid plan till recently. I hope my advice helps a little. Sorry if I sound like a personal trainer, but I am just really interested in the whole lifestyle. Good luck, and stick to your goals!

Bryan

J-dub Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement