PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:32 AM #1
Woodward
MUPP3T MOW3R

Not new just making a return to the sport.

Hey guys out of the blue I just decided to get back into the sport. I need a cheapER hobby that I have right now. Back when I played the DM6 was the newest bad A gun around. Anyways Im glad to be back! My last gun was a DMC with an ultralite trigger frame.

-Steve
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 PM #2
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
will all your paying for now in a new gun is for it name and milling. when the ion came out from smarts parts a few years ago it killed the low end spyder and brought the prices down for the higher end marker as it let any new player have a good rof with a marker that was just a little more money then a spyder and could use c02 or hpa. the new markers out there your paying for the extra milling or a limited run/anno color. paint vendors have been able to make better low end paint and the paint been getting smaller as a lot of players and companies are making .679 inserts or backs for the smaller paint.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:02 PM #3
RiCKiSSoAmaZiNG
If it don't fit, FORCE IT

cheaper hobby? you must have been gone for a very long time, paintball is an expensive hobby. what was your old hobby, purchasing and flying planes? I play golf, and its cheaper then playing paintball, not much cheaper, but cheaper.

well you didn't ask a question, so welcome back i guess.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 AM #4
Woodward
MUPP3T MOW3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCKiSSoAmaZiNG View Post
cheaper hobby? you must have been gone for a very long time, paintball is an expensive hobby. what was your old hobby, purchasing and flying planes? I play golf, and its cheaper then playing paintball, not much cheaper, but cheaper.

well you didn't ask a question, so welcome back i guess.
Ive been building up my 04 Duramax. Just this last week I dropped 6grand performance upgrades and a high performance transmission. I just need to lay of my truck for a while
Old 04-25-2010, 03:41 PM #5
paintballnewb13

I'm in the same boat you are. I've had about a two year layoff from really playing and got into cars, refurbing a car (even a cheap Japanese car), gets pretty pricey. I just thumbed through the for sale section and didnt hardly recognize half of what was for sale, I don't know where to start. Seemed like my etek was more than serviceable back then, but I somehow doubt it now.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 PM #6
N4cer (Banned)

N4cer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodward View Post
Ive been building up my 04 Duramax. Just this last week I dropped 6grand performance upgrades and a high performance transmission. I just need to lay of my truck for a while
Ahhh a fellow gearhead. I've done the same with my 06 Cummins. Gotta love outrunning Mustangs in an 8k lb truck!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 PM #7
Woodward
MUPP3T MOW3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
Ahhh a fellow gearhead. I've done the same with my 06 Cummins. Gotta love outrunning Mustangs in an 8k lb truck!
Hell yeah man, its awesome i love it. Just dynoed my truck this weekend at 539hp/1031tq. Shes coming along!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:09 AM #8
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D3 division
well if i were you i would look into picking up one of these said BA dm6's. back when you played last they prolly went for around 1 grand. now they can be picked up for under 300 bucks.

dm6-250
used halo or vlocity -40
used 68/45-70

you got a nice set up there that can easily compete with todays 1000+ dollar guns/setups.

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 AM #9
biggums
Come at me bro

biggums plays in the APPA D5 division
It's true I still use my DM6 and its great does everything I need just fine.

Kids... if you really want to piss off your parents buy real estate in an imaginary place.
Facebook
Paintball Adventures Park-JS Photography-Unsigned Photos
Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 AM #10
Gaps

has been a member for 10 years
Gaps owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
with psp's setting being the most widely used at 12.5 bps, most all markers are competitive. i use a dm6 and have no problem at all... you want consistency and reliability. ego6 or dm6 or newer should not fail you. shoot 'em up, yo.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3214945
Old 04-28-2010, 09:29 PM #11
Woodward
MUPP3T MOW3R

Hell yeah i was thinking alot about a DM6, ive always shot dye guns and have really liked them. I have my old gear laying around somewhere im pretty sure... Halo, jt flex mask, and a crossfire 68/3000 (gay)