PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM #22
spanky1205

has been a member for 10 years
I have heard the same thing as rwaters247. I think I may have been there the day he is talking about the ranger stopping by. We were playing over by Mt Rushmore. There was some survey flagging marking the road to the play area. We were asked to pull that down and to tear down the bunkers. We did pull the flagging but we did not tear down the bunkers. I have not been there since that day. I dont know if the bunkers still exist. The play area on Norris Peak Road is what I believe the Forest Service would have a problem with. There is some graffetti on some rocks and one of the trees has been painted up pretty bad, I doubt it will ever recover. I put a call into a guy named Bob Thompson this morning to ask about the Forest Service's opinion on paintball shooters. Not that I dont believe Steve (sportsmyn2002) but Im the type of guy that likes to hear it for myself.

On the other side of the coin I did get a chance to go out to BHPB. For the money and headaches involved it is much easier. It cost me $45 ($5 off for military discount) for a case of diablo heat and air. Steve does not charge field fees. Plus getting people to commit to going out to the hills seems impossible most days. Getting a group out to a real field has been much easier. On top of that Steve can deal with the idiots who dont feel the need to chrono or play safe.

I will post up what Bob Thompson has to say when I hear back from him. I think his thoughts will play a big role in paintball around the Hills area in the future. If he is against us all together than we will have a pretty nice field to fall back on. Even if he is all for us being in the hills I will probably still frequent the field more often than not due to cost and accesability. I can not buy walmarts cheapest paint and still make it out to the hills for less then $50. Not when you add in the cost of fuel and air.
spanky1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM #23
rwaters247

haha yeah pretty sure you were there. i cant remember if it was you or not, but i think i let you borrow a smart parts progressive barrel with coocker threads. anyways back to the topic on hand, it will be nice to find out what that guy has to say on playin paintball up in the hills so everyone knows.

Last edited by rwaters247 : 04-28-2010 at 05:37 PM.
rwaters247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 PM #24
sportsmyn2002
Never stop shooting!!!

sportsmyn2002 plays in the PSP
sportsmyn2002 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sportsmyn2002 plays in the APPA D4 division
sportsmyn2002 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont mean to come off like an *** i just dont want anyone to get fined or quit playing because of a fine. The lady i talked to is named amy something
she is incharge of special permits.Her and her boss said paintballs dont degrade and its littering plus have you seen norris peak rd and its not all paintballers but thats who is getting blamed.So what im saying is do everything by the book find out for sure what the rule are i hope they change there minds.

Last edited by sportsmyn2002 : 04-28-2010 at 09:57 PM.
sportsmyn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 PM #25
rwaters247

yeah i know where your coming from and dont blame ya for not wanting that to happen. speaking for just me, i know i didnt take you any other way and wouldnt hold anything against ya. i dont know about anyone else... its just like anything else everyone has their own story and what happened to them at the time. just like driving. someone could say that its alright to go 5 over all the time, and then i know i got pulled over for 68 in a 65 right outside box elder.
rwaters247 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups