Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM #85
zgbikepro
 
 
zgbikepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Woodinville WA
Myth Reg Installation

Hey I just got a GA Myth 45 tank reg and a crossfire 68/45 without a reg. So I wanted to put it on my Crossy and wasn’t sure if there is a specific pressure I am supposed to turn the reg to on the bottle. Also what am I supposed to use for sealing it? Can I perform this operation on my own or do I need to just bring it into a shop? Thanks.
__________________
(\__/)put this bunny in your sig and help him achieve
(='.'=)world domination.
(")_(")

Quiting Sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post77933764
zgbikepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2010, 07:06 PM #86
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
I just bought a Guerilla Air 20oz CO2 on EBay from ultimate paintball and it leaks slowly (not even trying to screw it into the marker). CO2 seems to be coming out of the pin and burst disc. What can I do?
Any GA psoduct has a one year warranty on mfg. defect. Contact GA for service or replacement.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM #87
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgbikepro View Post
Hey I just got a GA Myth 45 tank reg and a crossfire 68/45 without a reg. So I wanted to put it on my Crossy and wasn’t sure if there is a specific pressure I am supposed to turn the reg to on the bottle. Also what am I supposed to use for sealing it? Can I perform this operation on my own or do I need to just bring it into a shop? Thanks.
The Myth is designed to seal with only firm hand tightening to facilitate the easy removal for the tourny players who have to frequently remove the reg for air travel without the hassle of dealing with loc-tited regs. You have the choice of hand tightening with an extra torque by strap wrench to "seat" the reg or you can use just a drop of BLUE loc-tite on the threads to more permanently install the reg if you don't have the need to remove the reg for air travel.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 AM #88
spgunner
I shoot bad guys
 
spgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
i have a 4.5k myth reg on a system x 68/45 body it started leaking out the nipple after they filled it. any ideas why?
__________________
"Originally posted by Shawn_Savage: This Is Why We Can't Have Guns. Here You Are Online Shooting Each Other To Death With Your Words."
Be careful, I have a glock, and I shoot sideways-Romel Doyle

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:41 PM #89
phlemoe
livin'STRONG
 
phlemoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tenn
phlemoe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
phlemoe supports DLX Technology
Ok why is my reg NOT regulating ?? What I mean is I have 1500 psi in the tank and when I hook it up to my gauge it reads 1500 psi out . What's the problem ?? Thanks
__________________
IrishMafia
deutscher Mob
DSK LUCKY 7

Badass Secondary Honorary, Super-Duper, Awesome, Superman Ain't Got **** On Them, (you get the point) Council:
1.phlemoe- BADASS With one Lung
2. Chuck Norris
phlemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:43 PM #90
Dshooter89
Hostile Ground
 
Dshooter89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Minnesota
Dshooter89 plays in the PSP
Dshooter89 donated to help Peyton Trent
Dshooter89 plays in the APPA D3 division
I have a 68/45 cp tank with a myth reg on it...My myth is a mid pressure reg and i put it on my geo and i couldnt get it above 260....so i installed a hp kit..

With the stock internals the mid was pushing out: 650 PSI

With the hp kit installed the HP kit was pushing only: 725 PSI

I need 850 to shoot consistantly...and its a pain when i need 850, what can i do to fix this?
Dshooter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 PM #91
AngeLKiNg178
Retired Paintballer
 
AngeLKiNg178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Just a curious question...I had 2 tanks earlier that needed to be purged, which I did. One said 2k psi and the other was at 0 psi. I haven't used these tanks for a year and it was filled since. The one that now had 0 psi had 2k psi like the other a year ago. So when I was finished purging the 2k psi I thought, "What the heck lets just check if the 0 psi really had any left." As I plugged it into my ASA it had so much air putting out equalling out to about 2k psi...Is something wrong with the gauge or something? It was indicating the wrong pressure. Should I be worried?
AngeLKiNg178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM #92
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgunner View Post
i have a 4.5k myth reg on a system x 68/45 body it started leaking out the nipple after they filled it. any ideas why?
The fill nipple o-ring has dirt on it which is preventing a complete seal or the o-ring has been "extruded" from its' gland due to a flash fill or the nipple is set too deeply into the pocket to allow the strut to open which will also extrude the o-ring. Remove the nipple and inspect.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM #93
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlemoe View Post
Ok why is my reg NOT regulating ?? What I mean is I have 1500 psi in the tank and when I hook it up to my gauge it reads 1500 psi out . What's the problem ?? Thanks
I suspect a damaged seat or retainer. The spiking is caused by either or both of these conditions. A three micron scratch on either surface caused by a dirty fill or tank debris can cause spiking in any reg at 4500 psi. In either case your Myth needs to be looked.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM #94
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshooter89 View Post
I have a 68/45 cp tank with a myth reg on it...My myth is a mid pressure reg and i put it on my geo and i couldnt get it above 260....so i installed a hp kit..

With the stock internals the mid was pushing out: 650 PSI

With the hp kit installed the HP kit was pushing only: 725 PSI

I need 850 to shoot consistantly...and its a pain when i need 850, what can i do to fix this?
Your hp kit should be giving you 850+. Our teams are running their GEOS very nicely with this kit. If you are not getting the required pressure contact GA and we'll be glad to look at your Myth and get it up to speed.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 AM #95
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeLKiNg178 View Post
Just a curious question...I had 2 tanks earlier that needed to be purged, which I did. One said 2k psi and the other was at 0 psi. I haven't used these tanks for a year and it was filled since. The one that now had 0 psi had 2k psi like the other a year ago. So when I was finished purging the 2k psi I thought, "What the heck lets just check if the 0 psi really had any left." As I plugged it into my ASA it had so much air putting out equalling out to about 2k psi...Is something wrong with the gauge or something? It was indicating the wrong pressure. Should I be worried?
Definitely suspect a faulty gauge. Occasionally the gauge paper back graduations come unglued and turn within the gauge giving a alse reading. If the tank has air and the gauge says otherwise, believe the tank.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:15 PM #96
AngeLKiNg178
Retired Paintballer
 
AngeLKiNg178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryatguerrillaair View Post
Definitely suspect a faulty gauge. Occasionally the gauge paper back graduations come unglued and turn within the gauge giving a alse reading. If the tank has air and the gauge says otherwise, believe the tank.
Should I replace the gauge or maybe it will go back when I put my reg on my newly hydro'd tank and fill it up?
AngeLKiNg178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 PM #97
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeLKiNg178 View Post
Should I replace the gauge or maybe it will go back when I put my reg on my newly hydro'd tank and fill it up?
Best move is to replace the gauge. If the gauge is giving false readings it is defective.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:19 PM #98
Bobc3489
 
 
Bobc3489's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Bobc3489 plays in the PSP
Bobc3489 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobc3489 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobc3489 plays in the APPA D2 division
i have a carelton tank with the new myth reg on it, i began to fill my tank and *pop* all the air began to drain out of the tank, got the oring inside replaced and then filled it to about 2000psi and it remained that way for a week, began to fill to 4500psi the next week and *pop* drained again, got it fixed and filed to 4000psi, that SAME DAY as i was going to fill it again *pop* all the air began to drain from tank. i had the nipple o-ring i think it is replaced 3 times in total, on a brand new reg. what could possibly be the problem to this? thank you in advance.
Bobc3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 AM #99
dukduk
six6seven7one1
 
dukduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nebraska
dukduk supports Team VICIOUS
dukduk supports Bob Gurnsey
dukduk supports our troops
dukduk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
lar',
what lube do you guys use for the myth and g2? i only have dow33, militialube, and the lube for the mini invert not sure what it is
dukduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 AM #100
homeskilly_antny
 
 
homeskilly_antny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
homeskilly_antny supports DLX Technology
replaced my crossfire tank reg with a myth 2 reg and my low side disk keeps blowing. serviced it the first 2 times it blew and then had it completely replaced for a new one but the low side blew again. it has to be something with one of my setups. any known issues with the OOPS ASA on a geo w/ an LP inline spring or the new Dye UL airports(the ones on the NT)?

also the original tank reg was a low pressure output. don't know if that has anything to do with it.
homeskilly_antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 AM #101
Lolerskating Champ
batboy coif
 
Lolerskating Champ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Youngstown, OH
Lolerskating Champ plays in the PSP
Lolerskating Champ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lolerskating Champ plays in the APPA D3 division
Are the myth g2's considered safe to screw in hand tight? I'm totally spoiled having previously owned Maxflos and the SIS reg when it comes to easily traveling.
Lolerskating Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM #102
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobc3489 View Post
i have a carelton tank with the new myth reg on it, i began to fill my tank and *pop* all the air began to drain out of the tank, got the oring inside replaced and then filled it to about 2000psi and it remained that way for a week, began to fill to 4500psi the next week and *pop* drained again, got it fixed and filed to 4000psi, that SAME DAY as i was going to fill it again *pop* all the air began to drain from tank. i had the nipple o-ring i think it is replaced 3 times in total, on a brand new reg. what could possibly be the problem to this? thank you in advance.
Look at how deeply your nipple is being tightened into the port. As addressed in another post the fill strut may be bottoming out inthe port. the nipple only needs to be sealed not overly tightened into the port. Overtightening wil cause the strut o-ring to extrude from its gland and vent air.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM #103
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukduk View Post
lar',
what lube do you guys use for the myth and g2? i only have dow33, militialube, and the lube for the mini invert not sure what it is
GA uses Chemplex 710 as it's lubricant. A silicone high/low temp grease that has excellent lubricating and endurance prperties. Chemplex is available thru GA. Dow 33 and several other paintball grade lubes can be substituted but these have a tendency to dry out or wear away sooner.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM #104
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskilly_antny View Post
replaced my crossfire tank reg with a myth 2 reg and my low side disk keeps blowing. serviced it the first 2 times it blew and then had it completely replaced for a new one but the low side blew again. it has to be something with one of my setups. any known issues with the OOPS ASA on a geo w/ an LP inline spring or the new Dye UL airports(the ones on the NT)?

also the original tank reg was a low pressure output. don't know if that has anything to do with it.
The blown lp disk is a reg problem, definitely a seat/retainer issue, and should have nothing to do with your asa. Lp or hp putput should have no bearing on the problem. If servicing or replacing your G2 has not solved your problem contact GA and send your reg for me to look at.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 AM #105
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolerskating Champ View Post
Are the myth g2's considered safe to screw in hand tight? I'm totally spoiled having previously owned Maxflos and the SIS reg when it comes to easily traveling.
Same question was asked in prior post, and yes the Myth is safe if screwed in hand tight. The Myth was designed for the tourny players to avoid the hassle of dealing with loc-tite in removing their regs for travel. Check prior post for details.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump