Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 AM #1
Successo

Successo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Virtue OLED Board w/SLS Help Q&A Upgrade/Down?

So i was thinking of things i could upgrade or tweak out on my SLs and i was thinking with the E Portal was a great addition to the marker if i were to upgrade to a OLED board so i can have different firing modes with full auto. Would i lose the E portal with the OLED upgrade ?

If i did what would be some pro's and cons ? Also is this even a worthy upgrade since i have never purchased any of these boards and the gun is brand spanking new. Speak your mind. Id love to hear it before spending some Benjamins.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM #2
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Yes you will loose E-Portal

I personally wouldnt switch boards but yes you would gain multiple firing modes as well as some other things that Virtue incorporates.

If you want do switch ... PM me if you want to get rid of your SLs board
Old 04-22-2010, 05:15 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
As stated above, you would lose the E-Portal as that obviously Planet's own software and only relates to the SLs board (certainly at this time, and in any event, will only ever relate to Planet boards).

Having said that, there is a USB adapter available for the Virtue OLED boards, which currently allows for updating the board with new firmware, and installing new graphics. It may have further features in future.

I really comes down to whether you need those additional modes or not - if all you ever use is semi and ramping, the SLs board will already do everything that you need it to. If you need the recreational modes, and/or want the Virtue boards training drills (and those are the only real reasons I can see for changing boards) then obviously you would want to change boards, because you'll not get those features any other way. You do lose E-Portal, but some of E-Portal's features are available if you get the Virtue USB adapter.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote