Community Focus

Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM #1
rleiws
B.L.F.L.

rleiws has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rleiws has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
first team tourney

hello nation,
Me and my team are going to our first tourney in may. I have a couple of questions about it and hope i can get some answers due to the fact that noone has called me back with them. The tourney is wcppl with a psp format race to 2. Now my questions are 1. Are you allowed to have uncapped semi or does it have to be set to 10.5 in ramp or due you have to set it to 10.5 semi? question 2 is when you play a team for the first time do you turn right around and play them again or will you have time to fill up on air and paint again and if so how much time will you have? question 3 how do you go about picking numbers for your players? ( due you have to pick them from a registration or just pick them)? I think that is it thank you and i hope i can get some answers.
rleiws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2010, 03:47 PM #2
e1evenB
FTA

e1evenB plays in the APPA D5 division
http://www.pspevents.com/uploads/PSP...General_r3.pdf

Should answer most of your questions. XBALL should have 2 minute breaks in between points. 10.5 ramping is usually quite alright. And no you should be able to pick any numbers your team wants.
Taylor #69
BATL
Army Infantry - "That? Yea we can kill that"
e1evenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:46 PM #3
rleiws
B.L.F.L.

i have read most of the rule book and it says nothing about how long between points or if semi is ok. thank you for your help you did answer some of them for me.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:31 PM #4
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
a capped semi, or psp 2/3 shot is ok. Under no circumstances can your marker shoot faster than 12.5, or fire more than 4 shots per pull (and only after 3 semi shots). All of this is addresed in section 9.3.6 of the PSP rulebook. You just don't know how to read it.

how long you have between points is dependent on the schedule, as well as how long points take. the rule book will give a concrete time because they vary from team to team. In the PSP they give you time to air/pod. Though there an no back to back games. in the even that there is, plan 2 minutes since this is an affiliate series, Id bet this is the same. for race to 2, plan 3-4 minutes, depending on how many games in between yours.

http://www.paintball-players.org/sco...dule_5_14.html

that was the phoenix D3R22 sched. should give you an approximation of how things work. note that you play each other team in succession, not back to back with others in between. IE you're team A her is your sched:
B,C,D,E,B,C,D,E,B,C,D,E.
not
B,B,B, C,C,C, D,D,D, E,E,E.

All of that is in Section 4.1
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 04-17-2010 at 08:44 PM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:11 PM #5
rleiws
B.L.F.L.

thank yo for your post that does put some light on the subject. As far as the speed of the marker in the section where it explians it the only thing i got out of it was 10.5 max. Thanks for your reply that helps me out alot.