PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 AM #43
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
I should also mention there's a nice piece of mind factor in knowing that while other peoples 1-3 year old space markers were going down my 10 year old classic RT never hiccup'd.
they dont make them like they used to
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0
www.operationpaintball.com

Emag lowers f/s/t
italianstallion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 PM #44
ghosty46

wow guys...

and anyone who's been around paintball for a while will understand the following:

im not at all intimidated by the cocky kid whith a shiny gun. sure i have an ego, but can still snap with the best using a phantom. all it takes is one hit.

im more intimidated by the old guy who is sitting in the shade, missing teeth, hungover, half awake with a cigarrette in his mouth holding a classic mag, powerfeed and 50 round hopper.

props to you man for not giving a f***

if firepower was equal (and even if it wasnt) i would always bet money on ^^^said old guy over any pro

It's called a superman because you look like him in the air. but its not really diving. its more like falling with a purpose.
and you always hit the ground faster when you fall. so this game you will run to the 50.
with your cleats untied. that should keep you from getting laned.
ghosty46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:09 PM #45
maskedpen¡sfromvenus
Know That

maskedpen¡sfromvenus helped look for balloons
a good deal of the seattle CDR guys play with one finger, not shooting more than 7bps.

if it works at the d1 and semi-pro level, i'm pretty sure it would work in some podunk local rookie tournament.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 PM #46
pbjunky99

pbjunky99 is playing at Living Legends VI
pbjunky99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbjunky99 is for the Gunfight
I have watched this thread go on for a while now. I am a huge mag supporter and own may diffrent types of mags(like a lot of you here). And in the if the this thread starter wants some true advise on using mags in turnys here you go. If you want to use a mag please dont do it in mech mode unless you are able to rt(which I know you wont be able to) and then slap a ajustable reg tank on there,jack it up to 1000+ psi and show them what for.

Now I know almost every turny wont allow rts get one of the following:
1. Pnuemag- you can walk faster than the 12.5 bps limit, hold lanes and do everything that the others can do EXCEPT mantain high rate of fire while reloading.
2. EPmag(pnuemag with electronics): can do everything stated above but are subject to all bps rules that pretain to electronic markers. You will have access to all the normal turnament fireing modes and such.
3.Emag/Xmag: Same as number 2 but you will have to set it up so that you can't use it in mech mode.My sugestion is to remove the sear rod that goes to the trigger for mech mode all together.

None of these are in anyway a cheap or easy to buy/install. To get a premade pnue-frame you are looking at $150+ if you buy it. emag lowers run around $300+ so keep all that in mind.
pbjunky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 AM #47
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatua View Post
^^^no offense but thats just bs. i cant believe ur encouraging him to use a mech mag to compete in xball

get an emag
mother****ing DOT.

emag and rip out the mechanical activation

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 AM #48
Deadpool87

Use whatever gun you like, it really doesn't matter. And sadly a RT'd mag with enough PSI going into it will keep up with any electro out.

I've played off an on for about 8-10years and in that time I dont think I have ever played with any mode or ROF style other than semi auto. I personally find it absurd that people "need" or think they "need" ramping, crazy expensive electros, etc to be decent players. Get the mag, play with the mag, win the tournaments and demand your respect for your mechanical marker.
Deadpool87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 PM #49
loneassassin
A Grim and...

^^Agreed. Often, I don't even use ramping when it's allowed. I don't like it. It could be that I'm just not used to controlling it. But unless I'm playing in the back, I don't shoot that much (comparatively.) If I'm gun battling someone or at least up close, I don't want to have to reload all the time. It only takes about 2-3 accurate bps to put someone behind their bunker and keep them there. I'd rather do that and ensure that my hopper stays full than shoot more than necessary and risk having to reload in a gun fight. That's just my philosophy though.

And by the way, I played X-ball last weekend and did just as well with my ULT'd Mag as I did with my Tadao'd, MQ'd E-cocker. I got shot quite a bit throughout the day (played against really, really good teams), but I took down my share of players as well. I didn't lose very many gun battles, either.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM #50
Bigwooly1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
It's got an Intelliframe w/ the "double-groove" trigger style. I think I'm going to eventually swap that out for a blade style trigger, because I like the feel of those better.
If you're looking into a new trigger and intend to pneu your mag you might want to look at either RPG's Splinter/Splinter PRO.
Rogue on occasion has some of the non-roller bearing ones for sale you just have to watch.

or

the new Magnus Triggers
Contact Tuna over on AO last i checked he still had a few of the sabre's in dust. There should be more of both avail after the second batch of frames is done in another couple of week,

I have a Sabre on my pneu and absolutely love it.

My Wife's Mag which is soon to be Pneu'd has a Splinter on it and she loves the feel of it.

The main thing you'll find useful on these two options with your pneu will be the stops. You'd be amazed the difference in RoF you can achieve when you limit the trigger travel. The other absolute must IMO for a pneumag is a Magnet mod, the assisted trigger return is awesome.
Bigwooly1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 PM #51
Wicky
Gang Related Biatch

has been a member for 10 years
I played 1 vs. 5 against a pro-am champion team with a rental tippman a-5 and won...three gogged one shot and one bonus balled to almost a fist fight because it bruised his ego so bad. But that was back when the guns were uncapped and 25bps was everyday to me to be honest a lot of players really suck and depend on their guns, to me the gun depends on me to whoop that ***....chatue I will use a talon with a 18" Jeremy salm sniper barrel in any psp tourney and school you like our failed education system should have...

My feedback!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post17495542
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM #52
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
Skill > equipment

I still love using my "low ends" against the new high end stuff.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:31 PM #53
IrishRedneck86

IrishRedneck86 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishRedneck86 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it always comes down to skill over gear having played in many tourny's to include world cup asia with either psp or nppl rules, it doesnt matter if you can throw 10-100bps at me all it takes is one break to eliminate a player. I've been in many situations as a mid/front player using a stock class pump or normal mech cocker/mag with guys just railing the the bunker im behind and all i had to do was pop out for half a second and snap a shot or two and they were out allowing me to move up.

As for Chatua obviously he's never heard of the Blowfish team that was a 5 man consisting of 2 backs using semi's and the 3 mids/fronts using pumps and for awhile they totally dominated full semi/electro teams with pure skill not just firepower spraying and praying.
WHY GIRLS SHOULD DATE A PB PLAYER: 1.WE KNOW HOW TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY. 2.WE ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTION. 3.WE HAVE AT LEAST A 14 INCH BARREL. 4.WE FIRE OFF HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS WITHOUT GETTING TIRED. 5.WE KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. 6.WE CAN FIT INTO TIGHT SPOTS. 7.WE LOVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE. 8.WE NEVER FORGET TO LUBE OUR PRODUCTS. 9.MONEY IS NO LIMIT. 10. A CONDOM IS A MUST
IrishRedneck86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:52 PM #54
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
Got a friend o mine who plays Tourneys with a Phantom. Not sure how he "lanes" though...
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote