Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 PM #1
JackandBlood

NPPL HB trade show overview

Just a cut and paste from my thread at ******. This is what I saw and my personal commentary from my visit to HB Sunday.

HK Army guys are very cool. When I first arrived, parked next to their trailer. I needed a bottle opener for the Coronas I brought. Asked them, the guy couldn't find one but was nice so I handed him two coronas. He asks me my shirt size, and gives me these: camo handband and a transformer HK Army shirt.

I never knew what HK is about (I always think the german firearms manufacturer), but they are good ambassadors for the sport.

Approaching the event from the south, as you can see a disturbing lack of people and energy

Bob Long had a decent booth. Still the lack of people and general malaise that ppl seemed to be in was alarming

This player from LA Hitmen Pump team just worked the tape. I believe he made at least two and possibly three eliminations in this game:

Oddly enough this was the main attraction at the tiny Angel booth. The pic doesn't do it justice. The mil-sim marker looks amazing. And the pictanny (sp) rails were top notch.

Dangerous Powers' new poppet stacked marker. Not for sale, no word on the price. Looks to be a decent, feature-packed competition for the Etek

This new company makes a shiny plastic grip plate with custom logos/graphics. The lovely Jessica Alba is in there somewhere

Kingman's line of 0.50 markers. I was told the price is $75 for an electro sear-tripper (not bad)(Correction- Whether 75 was the price for the electronic version or the standard mechanical version was ambiguously stated (i didn't hang around there long))

A Pinokio hopper next to a Rotor. They were promoting their speedfeed, not the hoppers.

Vanguard's promotional items just exudes class. Their markers come in a beautiful case, complete with multi-bore barrel system. Battery recharger with all the different interfaces (car charger, usb charger, etc). Even the allen wrench set included appears to be made from polished anodized aluminum (its better to have your allen wrenches wear before your gun screws). Out of my price range, but given the professionalism of their booth staff and the attention to detail in their product and promotion I would say this is the marker to get if you're looking in the 1k range.

I regret not taking pictures of the actual package

Me rocking the way cool digs the player from Hollywood HK hooked me up with. Class acts, those guys

Guerrilla Air had a really cool demo booth. Showed how their tank regs are easy to service without requiring removal from the bottle. And had this impressive display:

Cross-sectional cut through a perfectly good HPA tank, loved it.
Alien PB was showing off their new ego-ish poppet. Jack Rice is a nice guy. I think he could tell right away I was from ****** (I was carrying around a folder with pics of my solidworks marker project). Still gave me friendly customer service and a tour of their new marker. Didn't stress the sweep system much, just said that it tends to produce flatter trajectories. The AlienPB booth also had the most impressive display of the show IMO. A perfectly good 2010 interceptor cut in half to show a detailed cross-sectional view of the innards.

Invert Mini side by side with a g3. I took these pics from a stationary position in-between the markers so its an accurate depiction of the ergonomic differences.

The victors drink champagne out of these (well i would)

And thats a rap.
JackandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement